Liberty Play-day

ready4boro

I saw the coming of Legend onto coacht bashing Humboldt once again. I know what Humboldt has this year and I DON'T think it's their best team in decades. You've got to remember the years of Joe Shivers and Toylon Smith and all them. Those were some very good teams!

mrbigster, can you do me a HUGE favor and find out what time the LC scrimmage is at GC today!? I've text everyone trying to find out and either they haven't answered or they don't know.

I thought the team with Toylon Smith,Kelcey Rose etc. was pretty tough and seems like I was at a game when one of the Shivers players shattered a backboard..

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the coming of Legend onto coacht bashing Humboldt once again. I know what Humboldt has this year and I DON'T think it's their best team in decades. You've got to remember the years of Joe Shivers and Toylon Smith and all them. Those were some very good teams!

mrbigster, can you do me a HUGE favor and find out what time the LC scrimmage is at GC today!? I've text everyone trying to find out and either they haven't answered or they don't know.

LakeCo Falcon fan should be able to post something later as far as the Lake Co players..He keeps books for both teams so maybe he'll decide to stay indoors and watch some basketball instead of being outdoors and being cold...!At least be able to tell us who started for Lake Co and what players looked good..I wouldn't be surprised to see Gibson Co winning today..maybe by around 10 points ! And if Avery isn't there..by more than that but I expect him to be there along with Leron Garret and I guess the Hockett kid,I believe is one of the players..After that..Not sure..Seems like the stocky kid from the middle school last year may play..Can't remember his name!Reminds me of Abbot !

You were at Gibson Co. then.... Joe Shivers shattered the backboard at Gibson Co. against Milan in the GC Christmas Tournament.

Ya, I'm right down the road from Newbern. I live about 15 min from the high school as well.

Yea I was at that Christmas tournament..First time I ever came to that tournament..It was full and I had to sit crowded in the Humboldt section..The first and only time I got to see the Poston girl from Milan and Humboldt had the Graves girl and another really good player...Seems like Poston may have been a freshman and scored about the first 9 or 10 points for Milan..I could tell she was going to be special..I believe Humboldt came back and won in a close game though..Doakes was there as well..Seems like he had about 3 or 4 slams that game...It was awesome...!That's really a money maker to have that many teams in a school district so close in the same county with Gibson Co.,Trenton,Bradford,Humboldt...I hope to be able to make it again this year.!

Here is the deal with Humboldt. This team is loaded and yes I believe this is the most talented team from Humboldt in quite some time. They will be much better this season than last. This is the type of team that could run the table in the district....am I saying they will....NO. Is it possible.....YES. This team needs to work on being focused and putting all indivdual stuff second. If Humboldt plays with the same type of mindset and whatever it takes attitude to achive team goals like UC did last season they wil be really hard to beat in the district. From my observations of watching Humboldt in years past that will be easier said than done. The talent is there for sure. Humboldt will most likey lose some games they shouldn't (no more than 3 to 5) becuase of discipline issues (in and out of district). Maybe this is the season they prove everybody wrong and just go out and get the job done.

I agree with the fact that they will contend for the top spot in the district. They are talented this year and it doesn't hurt that the power team is sure to be down a little bit this year

Here is the deal with Humboldt. This team is loaded and yes I believe this is the most talented team from Humboldt in quite some time. They will be much better this season than last. This is the type of team that could run the table in the district....am I saying they will....NO. Is it possible.....YES. This team needs to work on being focused and putting all indivdual stuff second. If Humboldt plays with the same type of mindset and whatever it takes attitude to achive team goals like UC did last season they wil be really hard to beat in the district. From my observations of watching Humboldt in years past that will be easier said than done. The talent is there for sure. Humboldt will most likey lose some games they shouldn't (no more than 3 to 5) becuase of discipline issues (in and out of district). Maybe this is the season they prove everybody wrong and just go out and get the job done.

Humboldt has a lot of talent and height,but they have point guard problems if they are going to use Charles Taylor at point.I can see UC and LC giving them fits with their relentless full court pressure.Charles actually should be down low and asserting himself in the post.I see UC winning the district this year followed by Humboldt and LC.Now i know that Bigster will have something to say since i put LC 3rd.LOL

who you think in the finals this year?.Bradford and Gibson Co girls and the Humboltd boys against who?Milan,Trenton or Gibson Co ?

Bradford and GC girls will be in the championship. GC and Humboldt in the boys championship.

Don't be surprised to see Gibson Co. play with Humboldt this year!!!! We always play them VERY close atleast 1 or 2 times each year. We lost to them once last year by only six and lost the other game to them by 37, lol. In 2006, we beat Humboldt by 17 points in the christmas tournament (AT HUMBOLDT). That was also the year they made it to the Class A finals and lost to Temple! Don't be surprised if GC does beat Humboldt once this year, it's a rivalry game and GC tends to get up against Humboldt.

I thought the team with Toylon Smith,Kelcey Rose etc. was pretty tough and seems like I was at a game when one of the Shivers players shattered a backboard..

I most defianately agreed. that team was the best humboldt team, they just were in 2AA at the time... and still made it to state by beating Tyler Smiths team on the road in substate if i recall bf moving down to Single A. That team had the most talent BY FAR!

Bradford and GC girls will be in the championship. GC and Humboldt in the boys championship.

Don't be surprised to see Gibson Co. play with Humboldt this year!!!! We always play them VERY close atleast 1 or 2 times each year. We lost to them once last year by only six and lost the other game to them by 37, lol. In 2006, we beat Humboldt by 17 points in the christmas tournament (AT HUMBOLDT). That was also the year they made it to the Class A finals and lost to Temple! Don't be surprised if GC does beat Humboldt once this year, it's a rivalry game and GC tends to get up against Humboldt.

not to be overly picky but Humbold lost to Temple in the SEMI finals that year. Temple played CSAS in teh finals. that was when taylor shot that ill advised shot with about 12 seconds left and temple got the rebound and a open lay-up.