Why do the Privates dominate A/AA Girl's Soccer

DonCChatt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A-AA Girls Soccer State Tournament

8 teams, 6 private, 2 public and both public schools are over the limit for A-AA, now moved to AAA

There is no question that something is wrong with the system.

Why don't the private schools go to D2?

I'm not trying to be flip ... but the answer is because they don't have to. The accept the multiplier and the rule that they can not have athletes on scholarship.

I'm not trying to be flip ... but the answer is because they don't have to. The accept the multiplier and the rule that they can not have athletes on scholarship.

Unless you are looking for something else, sports run in cyclesand sometimes the cycle changes.Don't know what rule you are talking about but athletes can have aid. What are the names of the schools? If the student qualifies aid can be available. Schlorship is an unusual word and will take a whole thread which I'm not wanting to go there becasue I have just been there but the schools would be interesting.

It will be interesting to see who fills the void on the 4 programs that typically make it to State in Girl's Soccer that are moving (JCS, USJ and FRA to D2, and Knox Catholic to AAA.)

The Jackson schools will likely be replaced with public schools, while the FRA slot will likely be filled by another private D1 school). With the new regions/districts, this will be perhaps a bigger driver of change in Girl's soccer than these few schools moving.

It will be interesting to see who fills the void on the 4 programs that typically make it to State in Girl's Soccer that are moving (JCS, USJ and FRA to D2, and Knox Catholic to AAA.)

The Jackson schools will likely be replaced with public schools, while the FRA slot will likely be filled by another private D1 school). With the new regions/districts, this will be perhaps a bigger driver of change in Girl's soccer than these few schools moving.

Great point....and let me add that with Greenville dropping to A/AA could have a major impact.

Mr. Hargis, unless there has been a rule change, Private schools who elected to stay in Div I cannot give any financial aid to athletes and they must deal with the multiplier as well. Only private schools in Div II may give financial aid to all those in need. Private schools in Div I may give all the financial aid they want to Non-Athletes. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />