Ravenwood vs. Hendersonville

underthelights

well ravenwood is known to upset teams everyone knows that. there well coached and there offense is loose cannnons you never know what theyll do. but hville has home field. they play more smash mouth football than any other team in ravenwoods region. and hville has the good ol solid wing t. raven wood has not seen it much.

commandos take this one

hhs24

rhs14

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as painful as it is to type....congratulations to Hville for winning the region....

Back when the Williamson County schools were playing Gallatin and Hendersonville every year in the old district format, they never were dominant. That is just a recent development that many on here think always existed, when in fact it has only happened in the last few years. The TSSAA did us no favors when they stuck those metro schools with us. Competition went down along with the gates. Williamson County added schools during that time and hired really good coaches. Rector is a good example. Ravenwood is wideopen on offense. They take chances on defense. They have good special teams and are disciplined. Ravenwood is a wildcard this year, they have some really good upsets and some questionable losses. Definitely not a typical 4th place finisher. Hville better be on their toes because there is no telling what the Raptors will have planned for the Commandos. The one thing that I think will be the difference maker in this contest is line play. Hendersonville is spectacular on the lines. With them playing a smashmouth in your face type running game, I would hope that would favor Hville. Williamson County schools are more finese. Hville is not. That is something that the Williamson County schools do not see. Hendersonville has been overlooked all year and should be 9-1. A close game is in Hville's advantage and I really would like to see them advance. Plus the arrogance of the Williamson County posters is sometimes at the point of ridiculousness. Ya'll Hville followers of coacht no what I am talking about. About time for some Sumner Co resurrgance don't ya'll think.

Very good post and most agree on competion week in and out rhs faces some very tough teams I'm mean look at leat 5 to 6 years its a region 65a team rha can play smash mouth and I can assure you hville has not faced a defensive team lik e rhs

Who knows??? I haven't seen Hendersonville play but I am very familiar with Ravenwood. There could be a Ravenwood team that shows up and plays exceptionally well, like we have seen with the victories over Brentwood Academy and Brentwood. But, we could see a Ravenwood team that lost 27-0 to Franklin and 44-28 to Centennial. I'm predicting the better team of RHS to show up, and Ravenwood wins it 27-24. Close game either way...

Commandos win this game. They have the talent and the Staff to accomplish Great things from here on out. All they have done all week is Win against supposedly better teams. So bring on another one a nd let's see what happens.

way off hands down RHS and Coach Rector has the better staff, and talent is the same-

well ravenwood is known to upset teams everyone knows that. there well coached and there offense is loose cannnons you never know what theyll do. but hville has home field. they play more smash mouth football than any other team in ravenwoods region. and hville has the good ol solid wing t. raven wood has not seen it much.

commandos take this one

hhs24

rhs14

can assure you RHS played much tougher schedule and region 6 5A best in state-

I am telling you RHS defense will not be bothered by a wing t at all, and they have the defenseres size and very great speed to stop it -

HHS has not seen the spread no huddle offense like RHS

can assure you RHS played much tougher schedule and region 6 5A best in state-

I am telling you RHS defense will not be bothered by a wing t at all, and they have the defenseres size and very great speed to stop it -

HHS has not seen the spread isno huddle offense like RHS

I find it astonishing that as much time as you spend on Coach T that you haven't found the time to take a a look at the strength of schedule rankings that are so graciously provided. Had you taken the time you would've found that Hendersonville's schedule ranking is eighth....and uh...let me see...oh there it is....Ravenwood's schedule is twentieth.

As far as the "no spread huddle, speed, and defensive size" you are refering to, Hendersonville has CONSISTENTLY handled everything that has been thrown at them thus far. The operative word being "consistently"....which, unlike years in the past, Ravenwood is now lacking.

So yes, Ravenwood has flashiness and speed...which is fun to watch, but Hendersonville has fundamentals....not as much fun to watch but far more effective on a week in, week out basis.

Needless to say, we can't wait to host the Raptors. I'm sure it will be a great game no matter what the outcome.

Commando Pride!

Here are some facts. Hville has faced the spread this year. They have chased Terrance Davis, Cody Matthews, etc. As far as the coaching staff Bruce Hatfield has been to the finals 2 times in 11 years and they have a veteran staff, Coach Griffith and Coach Bundy are Hville guys who have been on the staff over 10 years. Have they faced someone like coach Rector this year, no. Do I think they will spread Hville out and try to get mismatches like they did against Gallatin a couple of years ago, yes. I think the key is Hville's running game and the Yazzie factor. Everybody says they will stop him, Gallatin did not, Antioch did not, Hunters Lane did not. I have a lot of respect for RHS and Coach Rector but it is still obvious no one respects Hville. Look at the preseason ratings, look at the mid state top 10, look at the posts on this website. The 2001 team heard the same things, no athletes, no speed, no playmakers, old school coach. The Commandos will just go out Friday night and do the same thing they do every week, play hard and see what happens.

Here are some facts. Hville has faced the spread this year. They have chased Terrance Davis, Cody Matthews, etc. As far as the coaching staff Bruce Hatfield has been to the finals 2 times in 11 years and they have a veteran staff, Coach Griffith and Coach Bundy are Hville guys who have been on the staff over 10 years. Have they faced someone like coach Rector this year, no. Do I think they will spread Hville out and try to get mismatches like they did against Gallatin a couple of years ago, yes. I think the key is Hville's running game and the Yazzie factor. Everybody says they will stop him, Gallatin did not, Antioch did not, Hunters Lane did not. I have a lot of respect for RHS and Coach Rector but it is still obvious no one respects Hville. Look at the preseason ratings, look at the mid state top 10, look at the posts on this website. The 2001 team heard the same things, no athletes, no speed, no playmakers, old school coach. The Commandos will just go out Friday night and do the same thing they do every week, play hard and see what happens.

Hville never gets respect, I had to get used to that long ago. Even this season when they're beating better teams than both Gallatin and Hunter's Lane were, they were always the "other" good team in this region. It's just a sad fact of life, you never get respect these days if you aren't flashy and putting up a ridiculous amount of yards I guess. I mean, look now, Hendersonville gets disrespected by having people picking a 4 seed to kill them. Oh well, just have to show another team what HHS is all about I guess.....

Hville never gets respect, I had to get used to that long ago. Even this season when they're beating better teams than both Gallatin and Hunter's Lane were, they were always the "other" good team in this region. It's just a sad fact of life, you never get respect these days if you aren't flashy and putting up a ridiculous amount of yards I guess. I mean, look now, Hendersonville gets disrespected by having people picking a 4 seed to kill them. Oh well, just have to show another team what HHS is all about I guess.....

I give hhs a lot of respect I am just stating0i believe rhs takes this one . Rhs offense no way resembles gallatin or hunters lane.

Will be close game and another poster said it what rhs team shows up yo play

Rhs have seen smashmouth with brentwood and b.a.

Well as painful as it is to type....congratulations to Hville for winning the region....

Back when the Williamson County schools were playing Gallatin and Hendersonville every year in the old district format, they never were dominant. That is just a recent development that many on here think always existed, when in fact it has only happened in the last few years. The TSSAA did us no favors when they stuck those metro schools with us. Competition went down along with the gates. Williamson County added schools during that time and hired really good coaches. Rector is a good example. Ravenwood is wideopen on offense. They take chances on defense. They have good special teams and are disciplined. Ravenwood is a wildcard this year, they have some really good upsets and some questionable losses. Definitely not a typical 4th place finisher. Hville better be on their toes because there is no telling what the Raptors will have planned for the Commandos. The one thing that I think will be the difference maker in this contest is line play. Hendersonville is spectacular on the lines. With them playing a smashmouth in your face type running game, I would hope that would favor Hville. Williamson County schools are more finese. Hville is not. That is something that the Williamson County schools do not see. Hendersonville has been overlooked all year and should be 9-1. A close game is in Hville's advantage and I really would like to see them advance. Plus the arrogance of the Williamson County posters is sometimes at the point of ridiculousness. Ya'll Hville followers of coacht no what I am talking about. About time for some Sumner Co resurrgance don't ya'll think.