Region 5 vs Region 6 (1A matchups)

FridayMainEvent

1st Round Winners  

92 members have voted

1. 1. 1st Round Winners

Logic says we get the same results as last year and have a split. (Both 1 and 2 seeds advance) You normally have to look at the 2 vs 3 matchups if their is a possibility for a 3-1 split or a sweep. I think McEwen has a better chance at pulling that upset than Moore County does, so I'll say it is either an even split, or Region 5 takes the 3-1 advantage with McEwen winning. My Picks:

Cascade /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Jo Byrns /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

McEwen /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Wayne County /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Logic says we get the same results as last year and have a split. (Both 1 and 2 seeds advance) You normally have to look at the 2 vs 3 matchups if their is a possibility for a 3-1 split or a sweep. I think McEwen has a better chance at pulling that upset than Moore County does, so I'll say it is either an even split, or Region 5 takes the 3-1 advantage with McEwen winning. My Picks:

Cascade /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Jo Byrns /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

McEwen /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Wayne County /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

i would have to take mtcs for the sweep just to get the party started on here right /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Waynesboro and Mt pleasant are pretty good...thats about it for region 6

Hey ssssssss what does Columbia Academy bring to the table.What kind of offense do they run. I listen to some of their game on the radio tonight and it sounded to me their QB is their key to their offense. How do you think MTP is as a team compared to last season? I know they dont have Marco but are they still really good or are there weakness to this team?

Columbia Academy is a really an average team with only one outstanding player named Rector....just key on him every single play no matter where he lines up. 90 percent of the time he will line up at quarterback, fake a handoff and then take off running around the end. He is pretty fast but gets mad if you hit him a few times. He is also a good passer and always looks to no 5 first. 5 is a real little guy who is easy to lose. Most of the time he will try to sneak out to the right sideline after the other receivers flood the zone and clear it for him. Sometimes they will try to sneak no 17 down field to catch a pass after Rector fakes like he is going to run. Thats about it....they dont have any other good running backs and their other quarterback floats ducks. They are very small and have no depth but their coach is one of the best out there in my opinion. Finesse and deception is their game. Run at them with power all night and they usually fold. Pay absolutely no attention to any fake or razzle dazzle, Rector will get the ball every time so just go after him no matter what it looks like. And always cover 5 and 17. I rate them a C+ team

Mt Pleasant has a lot more talent and depth....They are usually well coached defensively with some really good linemen who gamble a lot. Their quarterback is pretty good but they dont catch it for him especially well. They arent afraid to pass and do it a lot more since Dailey is gone. They have some speedy little backs but they are pretty inexperienced and usually run the wrong way. They are nowhere near as shifty or determined as Daily was. Armstrong is the best of the speed guys. Their primary weapon is a real big back no 46 who basically just runs over you and drags people for five or six yards. Hit him low, take out his legs and he goes down. Never take him on high, you will get planted. He gets the ball a lot right up the gut. Mt pleasant isnt nearly as good offensively as they were with Dailey but they do have a nice mixture of power, speed, and throwing ability. I guess im saying they are less dangerous but more balanced than last year. To attack their defense you need to use some deception because they will try to gamble and at the same time charge right straight at them so they are forced to stay in their gaps. You must not let them dictate what you are going to do. A power running attack is a smart option if you got the mules that can do it. Waynesboro is a power running team and they buried the tigers. I rate Mt Pleasant a B+ overall. Plenty of quickness. Turnover prone though. I do like them and their secondary is smart.

before some region 6 guy complains about this scouting report keep in mind its for the fans....their coaches already have the film, have done the scouting, and already know ten times more about it than I do...duh

Columbia Academy is a really an average team with only one outstanding player named Rector....just key on him every single play no matter where he lines up. 90 percent of the time he will line up at quarterback, fake a handoff and then take off running around the end. He is pretty fast but gets mad if you hit him a few times. He is also a good passer and always looks to no 5 first. 5 is a real little guy who is easy to lose. Most of the time he will try to sneak out to the right sideline after the other receivers flood the zone and clear it for him. Sometimes they will try to sneak no 17 down field to catch a pass after Rector fakes like he is going to run. Thats about it....they dont have any other good running backs and their other quarterback floats ducks. They are very small and have no depth but their coach is one of the best out there in my opinion. Finesse and deception is their game. Run at them with power all night and they usually fold. Pay absolutely no attention to any fake or razzle dazzle, Rector will get the ball every time so just go after him no matter what it looks like. And always cover 5 and 17. I rate them a C+ team

Mt Pleasant has a lot more talent and depth....They are usually well coached defensively with some really good linemen who gamble a lot. Their quarterback is pretty good but they dont catch it for him especially well. They arent afraid to pass and do it a lot more since Dailey is gone. They have some speedy little backs but they are pretty inexperienced and usually run the wrong way. They are nowhere near as shifty or determined as Daily was. Armstrong is the best of the speed guys. Their primary weapon is a real big back no 46 who basically just runs over you and drags people for five or six yards. Hit him low, take out his legs and he goes down. Never take him on high, you will get planted. He gets the ball a lot right up the gut. Mt pleasant isnt nearly as good offensively as they were with Dailey but they do have a nice mixture of power, speed, and throwing ability. I guess im saying they are less dangerous but more balanced than last year. Defensively you need to use some deception because they will try to gamble and at the same time charge right straight at them so they are forced to stay in their gaps. A power running attack is a smart option if you got the mules that can do it. Waynesboro is a power running team and they killed the tigers. I rate Mt Pleasant a B+ overall. Plenty of quickness. Turnover prone though.

Wow great break down. Do you coach at all? I dont want to sound over confident but I think with Cascades athletes Cascade should score early and often next week. The Mcewen - MTP game should be a dandy because they are a smash mouth team that will run, run, and run some more. More than likely that will be the best game next week. I really want to see Cascade and Jo Byrns in the third round just because of the fans I have met from their and also I enjoy watching them play but if Wayne County ends up playing us in the third round it will be an offensive shoot out. Three weeks is a long time from now and nothing is guarantted so I guess we will take it from a one game at a time stance. I look foward to more of your breakdowns over the next few weeks. Sorry to see Collinwood not make it to the playoffs, i think they are alot better than MC or CA but I guess thats how it goes sometimes.

Mt Pleasant has a lot more talent and depth....They are usually well coached defensively with some really good linemen who gamble a lot. Their quarterback is pretty good but they dont catch it for him especially well. They arent afraid to pass and do it a lot more since Dailey is gone. They have some speedy little backs but they are pretty inexperienced and usually run the wrong way. They are nowhere near as shifty or determined as Daily was. Armstrong is the best of the speed guys. Their primary weapon is a real big back no 46 who basically just runs over you and drags people for five or six yards. Hit him low, take out his legs and he goes down. Never take him on high, you will get planted. He gets the ball a lot right up the gut. Mt pleasant isnt nearly as good offensively as they were with Dailey but they do have a nice mixture of power, speed, and throwing ability. I guess im saying they are less dangerous but more balanced than last year. To attack their defense you need to use some deception because they will try to gamble and at the same time charge right straight at them so they are forced to stay in their gaps. You must not let them dictate what you are going to do. A power running attack is a smart option if you got the mules that can do it. Waynesboro is a power running team and they buried the tigers. I rate Mt Pleasant a B+ overall. Plenty of quickness. Turnover prone though. I do like them and their secondary is smart.

before some region 6 guy complains about this scouting report keep in mind its for the fans....their coaches already have the film, have done the scouting, and already know ten times more about it than I do...duh

Quit drinking the HATER-AID you guys will always have next year

what hate....they already got the films, the fans just get hearsay like I just posted

i have to agree with ssssssss on this one, although i do see some things id change in the scouting report for both of those teams, if a coach has to get on an online message report to get a team breakdown, hes not a very good coach. id say his breakdowns were pretty accurate too.

the pro and college fans get all kinds of team updates and scouting and commentary........why not high school fans.......no offense to Murphy Fair but you got to watch the teams you want to talk about. You should only cover the teams you have seen up close and personal. Comparative scores are bogus too. Each game features unique matchups.

the pro and college fans get all kinds of team updates and scouting and commentary........why not high school fans.......no offense to Murphy Fair but you got to watch the teams you want to talk about. You should only cover the teams you have seen up close and personal. Comparative scores are bogus too. Each game features unique matchups.

I agree while it is a great thing Murphy Fair does for HS football he has never impressed me and everything he has ever said on the radio I could look up and say as well. I remember in 2006 when he came to the Casade- Jo Byrns game I asked him if Friendship Chrisitan was all they were cacked up to be and he gave me a nah type answer, meanwhile five weeks later they were in the state championship game lol.