Region 5 vs Region 6 (1A matchups)

FridayMainEvent

1st Round Winners  

92 members have voted

1. 1. 1st Round Winners

college football has taught me that mindset and preparation are everything. I can take a mediocre 1A team and beat the best team in 3A-4A if the 1A team has the perfect preparation and mindset and the 3-4A team comes in with a horrible mindset and poor preparation. trousdale county and some other 1A schools proved that a couple of years ago.

app. state vs. michigan anyone?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

app. state vs. michigan anyone?

app state is a perfect example. when they beat michigan they beat a superior team. michigan came in with horrible mindset and preparation and they got beat. i played college ball and saw these things first hand. it isn't fun to be on the recieving end of a loss from an inferior team. the next week of practice is especially horrible. ive never been so sore in my life.

Hey Monkey Wrench what are your score predictions on the four games this Friday?

um, ill make some here. but i dont know much about region 5, so its just a shot in the dark but i throw somethin out there.

wayne county vs. mtcs 35-14

jo byrns vs. moore county 35-17

Mt. Pleasant vs. McEwen 28-17

Cascade vs. CA 28-14

i may or may not change these, if youd like id give reasons.

um, ill make some here. but i dont know much about region 5, so its just a shot in the dark but i throw somethin out there.

wayne county vs. mtcs 35-14

jo byrns vs. moore county 35-17

Mt. Pleasant vs. McEwen 28-17

Cascade vs. CA 28-14

i may or may not change these, if youd like id give reasons.

You dont have to give any reason. I would say though you may want to rethink the 17 you gave Mcewen because they do not have much of a kicking game. All of your scores could very well happen. The question I do have is do you think CA's strength is their defense? Not that 28 points is a bad thing but I would expect Cascade to score in the mid to high 30's.

You dont have to give any reason. I would say though you may want to rethink the 17 you gave Mcewen because they do not have much of a kicking game. All of your scores could very well happen. The question I do have is do you think CA's strength is their defense? Not that 28 points is a bad thing but I would expect Cascade to score in the mid to high 30's.

CA's defense has played extremely well. i think they start 9-10 seniors, i know against mount pleasant it was 17-14 ca until about 5 minutes to go in the 4th, then 21-17 mt,p, with less than a minute left, and ca fumbled like 5 times that game(offense was very sloppy) or they probably would have won it. i dont know if that really has anything to do with anything, but alot of people compare to mount pleasant, because thats who they seem to know about in region 6.

28, 12, 0, 150 cascade could do any of those, i dont know anything about them, like i said its a shot in the dark.

ill give mcewen 14 then. mcewenen is coming off a tough game with jo byrns, and its hard two tough games in a row.

CA's defense has played extremely well. i think they start 9-10 seniors, i know against mount pleasant it was 17-14 ca until about 5 minutes to go in the 4th, then 21-17 mt,p, with less than a minute left, and ca fumbled like 5 times that game(offense was very sloppy) or they probably would have won it. i dont know if that really has anything to do with anything, but alot of people compare to mount pleasant, because thats who they seem to know about in region 6.

28, 12, 0, 150 cascade could do any of those, i dont know anything about them, like i said its a shot in the dark.

ill give mcewen 14 then. mcewenen is coming off a tough game with jo byrns, and its hard two tough games in a row.

mcewen fumbled four times against jo byrns. i would expect them to come to the next game more prepared.

Will do, wish I could have met you Friday night, I didn't even think about it until the game was over.

I would have liked meeting you, too. I enjoy meeting the folks that I "talk to" on here. If you heard one voice over the others from our side, chances are it was me /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Good luck Friday night. I think you guys will give Wayne Co. all they want and more. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

This has been very entertaining it is ashame that this is the last year for this rivalry between these regions. I of course think that region 5 is the superior region what kind of fan would I bee if I didn't. Good Luck Region 5. If it does rain on friday then MC better look out that will play to JB's strengths perfectly. I have to predict the ole politcally correct 2-2 split. Oh BTW Murphy Fair tthinks that we should just all stay home out here in the West. The champoinship game is really in the third round in the Trousdale County/South Pittsburg game I hear that they are just gonna give the Gold and Silver balls at that game. Oh but he didn't want to hurt the West's feelings or anything.

mcewen fumbled four times against jo byrns. i would expect them to come to the next game more prepared.

I don't know what the paper said but Jo Byrns funbled at least 4 times also. It was a game of hot potato a lot of the night. I don't want it you take it. On 4 consecutive plays one team fumbled to the other team. Then there were at least 4 more in the contest along with 2 or 3 interceptions. Other than that the teams seemed to be fairly well matched. They are both strong teams and will be a handful in the playoffs. I don't know if anyone in region 6 can play with these 2 teams.

I will say I was sorley dissapointed in the fan support from JB on Friday night. I expected an overflow crowd from them. I guess that Halloween may have kept several around Cedar Hill.

I would have liked meeting you, too. I enjoy meeting the folks that I "talk to" on here. If you heard one voice over the others from our side, chances are it was me /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Good luck Friday night. I think you guys will give Wayne Co. all they want and more. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

You know I did hear a loud woman voice over everyone over there I wondered if that was you! Lol we were the ones right beneath the press box with cow bells.