Clinton at Rhea County

Hopefully we will travel well to Rhea Co. I've been there before and they love their football. Hats off to Powell. They seemed more determined to win the game ...fans included. Clinton fans were dead . Our players deserved more than what they got the other night. We have to get behind this team. True Dragon fans will be out this Friday night. This will be a tough game especially on the road. We could be in for a long night in Green&Gold Country if the Defense doesn't show up.If Hazelhurst is indeed out it will be that much tougher. I wish Rhea fans could watch him play..he is special.

Clinton is a jr. dominated team and will be better next year. I hear Rhea is a good team with alot of seniors. As for the oppressed post bout AC- they were lucky to escape Clinton this year. If it weren't for cramps to Stone and Hazelhurst we would have won.Cramps is the only thing that stopped Hazelhurst all night. The 9 yr. streak is over for the I-75 all-stars next year and years to come. Once recruiter Kerr leaves it's over in AC land.

Hazelhurst, I don't believe, went out with cramps until the last quarter in the game with AC (I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong!) I, at least didn't see him go out until late. More than a few of our kids were in and out all night long throwing up and cramping during the whole game. I guess you could say that half our best while ill, is still better than Clinton's two junior superstars full speed ahead. If Coleman hadn't been so sick that night, Hazelhurst would not have had the game he did. But you don't, or haven't seen AC going around making excuses. Cramps this, Cramps that! Yada, Yada, Yada. This last nine years of beating Clinton have been wonderful for the I-75 all-stars. It has been joyous in AC land every time we have defeated Clinton, from little league right through high school. I'm sure there will be tales for recruiter Kerr to tell his grandchildren after his retirement. We didn't escape our DESTINY, Dragon TAIL. SCOREBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hazelhurst, I don't believe, went out with cramps until the last quarter in the game with AC (I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong!) I, at least didn't see him go out until late. More than a few of our kids were in and out all night long throwing up and cramping during the whole game. I guess you could say that half our best while ill, is still better than Clinton's two junior superstars full speed ahead. If Coleman hadn't been so sick that night, Hazelhurst would not have had the game he did. But you don't, or haven't seen AC going around making excuses. Cramps this, Cramps that! Yada, Yada, Yada. This last nine years of beating Clinton have been wonderful for the I-75 all-stars. It has been joyous in AC land every time we have defeated Clinton, from little league right through high school. I'm sure there will be tales for recruiter Kerr to tell his grandchildren after his retirement. We didn't escape our DESTINY, Dragon TAIL. SCOREBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i hope kerr also has tales of steroid abuse amongst his players to tell to his grandchildren some day too. why dont you go back to your own thread, i went and checked it out and there's only like 6 comments so im sure they could use a few of your ignorant statements over there, i also noticed while i was over there that there wasnt a single negative comment from any clinton posters on there. seems like the team that lost would be the bitter one but i guess you just cant let it die. i agree with dragontale though i think next year will be the first of several wins to come by clinton, this years team has improved greatly and will keep most of its starters. i will admit of all the teams Clinton plays i hate AC the most but you dont see me or any of the rest of us coming on your threads and wishing the other teams goodluck or talkin smack about you guys so why dont you just head back over to your side. F.A.C 4 life!!!

I thought it was Dunkin Donuts...

Rhea County is NOT - I repeat - NOT hostile territory. We have some of the most hospitable and sportsmanlike fans you'll ever wish to meet...unlike SOME schools with large student sections that holler "bull ****" in unison when they don't like a ref's call and who heckle the other team while they're warming up on the field, hollering obscenities at them (loud enough to be heard on the other side of the field). No, you won't find that in Rhea County.

But you WILL find a bunch of hardcore fans who love their Eagles and love football. You'll find a very welcoming bunch of folks ready to take your $7 and point you to the concession stand.

We look forward to Clinton's visit on Friday, we wish you all safe travel and we wish your boys a safe, injury-free game.

But I still say:

GO EAGLES GO EAGLES GO!

Rhea County is NOT - I repeat - NOT hostile territory. We have some of the most hospitable and sportsmanlike fans you'll ever wish to meet...unlike SOME schools with large student sections that holler "bull ****" in unison when they don't like a ref's call and who heckle the other team while they're warming up on the field, hollering obscenities at them (loud enough to be heard on the other side of the field). No, you won't find that in Rhea County.

But you WILL find a bunch of hardcore fans who love their Eagles and love football. You'll find a very welcoming bunch of folks ready to take your $7 and point you to the concession stand.

We look forward to Clinton's visit on Friday, we wish you all safe travel and we wish your boys a safe, injury-free game.

But I still say:

GO EAGLES GO EAGLES GO!

Huh? What brought this on? I think your just addicted to posting.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Rhea County by 14 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now your talking....

I have just received news from an inside source that Mike Hamilton contacted Walt today along with sending him 3 dozen Krispy Kreme dough nuts.

Three dozen would not be enough for Walt....

clinton is used to playing in hostile teritory remember we play oakridge, anderson county and maryville every year. and i havent seen #3 play so i cant judge him but dont be so quick to assume hes faster than our boys spoon, frasier or daniels. they are all burners and few we've played against have had the speed these kids have.

IKNOWFOOTBALL - see above.

And you have more posts under your name than I do. Maybe we should both seek a 12-step program. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

IKNOWFOOTBALL - see above.

And you have more posts under your name than I do. Maybe we should both seek a 12-step program. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I've been posting just a little longer than you 100+ post in less than two weeks that's awsome /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

BTW most of my post were on two threads I think I was in a crossfire with Super and Pride....

I've been posting just a little longer than you 100+ post in less than two weeks that's awsome /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

BTW most of my post were on two threads I think I was in a crossfire with Super and Pride....

Yikes, and you came out unscathed and still posting! That's an accomplishment!

HAHAHA! 3 dozen??? Man that has to be the funniest thing i've heard on here in a while. at least since that guy said fitzgerald was a great defensive coach! and for the record, i think our fans do do a good bit of heckling on the zebras. a lot of it is unjustified. some people just always want to find something to gripe about. i know weve drawn some horrible calls this year, but ever once in a while i end up getting stuck sitting by a guy who calls holding! every single freakin play were on defense....you gotta love those people.

HAHAHA! 3 dozen??? Man that has to be the funniest thing i've heard on here in a while. at least since that guy said fitzgerald was a great defensive coach! and for the record, i think our fans do do a good bit of heckling on the zebras. a lot of it is unjustified. some people just always want to find something to gripe about. i know weve drawn some horrible calls this year, but ever once in a while i end up getting stuck sitting by a guy who calls holding! every single freakin play were on defense....you gotta love those people.

clinton also has its share of loud crazy fans, this game is a pretty good drive so they might not be out in full form but the ones that show are sure to make some noise. our student section has always been prety rowdy and theyre not afraid to let the refs, players or other fans know what they think about a call a comment or anything else. they've mellowed some since last year but theyre still unruly at times and usually travel pretty well so you'll most likely be in for a show. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I have no problem with fans or students who give their opinion on calls-it's the way they do it that I have issues with. Show your displeasure, remind them their flags are in their back pockets, boo if you have to. But the cursing - especially from a student section - is really uncool in my book. Doesn't reflect well on a school or its team at all. I have younger children that attend the games and I don't think it's cool when people are unruly. It's a high school sporting event, for pete's sake.

Anyway, bring your fans, Clinton. We'll have out the welcome mat.

I have no problem with fans or students who give their opinion on calls-it's the way they do it that I have issues with. Show your displeasure, remind them their flags are in their back pockets, boo if you have to. But the cursing - especially from a student section - is really uncool in my book. Doesn't reflect well on a school or its team at all. I have younger children that attend the games and I don't think it's cool when people are unruly. It's a high school sporting event, for pete's sake.

Anyway, bring your fans, Clinton. We'll have out the welcome mat.

As long as the Athens crew doesn't show up, I'll be happy with the officiating. That bunch is incompetent to say the least. This crew lost the down and distance between the first and second quarters of the Rhea/McMinn game and refused to listen to the side judge that had it correct. They deserved every boo and sarcastic cheer following a Rhea first down thereafter.

Then again, that blocked game-winning PAT against Soddy while 5 yards offsides helped too. Have to wonder if that was the same crew. Officiating has been pretty rough this year.