MTCS @ Wayne Co.

cougarball3

I hate to ruin the fun and get back on the subject of the game boys but you asked about Wayne Co. and I figured I would enlighten you. LC played them in week 2 and they looked good then. They are pretty balanced. Their running back, #5, is a really good runner. He is fast and has really good vision. They also have a really good qb, I'm talking REALLY GOOD. If he keeps developing at the pace he is, he could be a D1 caliber guy. He has a rocket arm and is very accurate. We ran the ball on them pretty good, well really good actually, but our o-line is alot bigger than their d-lne. From reading yall's posts about MTCS, I would say the two teams are very similar. This should be a pretty good game.

who has lewis county NOT ran the ball good against?

GO CATS!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to ruin the fun and get back on the subject of the game boys but you asked about Wayne Co. and I figured I would enlighten you. LC played them in week 2 and they looked good then. They are pretty balanced. Their running back, #5, is a really good runner. He is fast and has really good vision. They also have a really good qb, I'm talking REALLY GOOD. If he keeps developing at the pace he is, he could be a D1 caliber guy. He has a rocket arm and is very accurate. We ran the ball on them pretty good, well really good actually, but our o-line is alot bigger than their d-lne. From reading yall's posts about MTCS, I would say the two teams are very similar. This should be a pretty good game.

Id have to say our defensive line has played good all year...we dont have alot of sacks but we still control the run game....also Lewis Co.'s O-line if i can remember was pretty big they just overpowered our d-line that game...

who has lewis county NOT ran the ball good against?

GO CATS!

Bigger question is .... who has lewis county played...... they have the weakest schedule in the state and the weakest district in the state..... same ole story every year.....Lewis Co will never make it past the 2nd round ...... they always play single A schools as non district teams ..... again, same ole story in Hole in the WALL....

That's pretty much it...pretty traditional offense. Not many tricks or anything. Probably a run oriented team that will pass if running doesn't work early. I'd say 60% run/ 40% pass. Trey can second that or correct me if that seems wrong. Depth is not there but they play HARD. RB is a horse. QB makes big throws. Defense is consistent. Do not give up too many big plays. That's bout as good as I know to put it.

I have to ask the same about WC now. I know nothing bout them.

About the same, 2 good rb's that are quick ,a qb with a good arm but gets tunnel vision a little bit,several good receivers ,all have some depth ,probably a 50 /50 offense, but the fb will lay the wood on someone. The D is good, very even on the line and in the back. Mostly juniors and sophomores maybe 5 or 6 seniors on O and D. A very strong team but still young.

MTCS has impressed me GREATLY. They are a new ball club and are already in the playoffs. this is unheard of. I have seen them play and they have an excellent coaching staff who work with little talent. they make their players play like a bunch of upset off hornets. When the tackle is made the are 11 yes 11 kids around the ball. it is amazing how much they hustle and that is why they are in the playoffs. they aren't that good but they play above their heads. they are a one star team that plays like a four star team. whoever faces them better watch out. if you don't come prepared they will eat you alive. if those coaches at MTCS had some talent to work with they would be a sight to see indeed.

About the same, 2 good rb's that are quick ,a qb with a good arm but gets tunnel vision a little bit,several good receivers ,all have some depth ,probably a 50 /50 offense, but the fb will lay the wood on someone. The D is good, very even on the line and in the back. Mostly juniors and sophomores maybe 5 or 6 seniors on O and D. A very strong team but still young.

Tell him to run it at #54 all night. I'll take our chances /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree 100% with ya. I could use a little help with my other discussions lol. Nobody is helping me from region 5 yet alone Cascade. Maybe I dont know what I am talking about and nobody agrees with me lol who knows.

Not avoiding helping ya...just soaking in some information. I'm not the type to open my mouth when it is not informed. I had no clue about WC...now I have some ideas. LOL

Tell him to run it at #54 all night. I'll take our chances /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Not avoiding helping ya...just soaking in some information. I'm not the type to open my mouth when it is not informed. I had no clue about WC...now I have some ideas. LOL

no one player can stop an offense. if they perform as one. as a machine then they will be effective. if you rely on one dominant player then you will fall time and time again. the fall will come eventually.

Bigger question is .... who has lewis county played...... they have the weakest schedule in the state and the weakest district in the state..... same ole story every year.....Lewis Co will never make it past the 2nd round ...... they always play single A schools as non district teams ..... again, same ole story in Hole in the WALL....

My gosh, you're so original - never heard that before!!!

no one player can stop an offense. if they perform as one. as a machine then they will be effective. if you rely on one dominant player then you will fall time and time again. the fall will come eventually.

Ummm...I understand that completely. I was not saying that 11 v 1 if our 1 was #54 that he would still tackle him. The comment about "our FB will lay the wood sometimes" made him sound out to be a hoss...my response was to say that if he were to get thru the line and see #54 in open field I'll take my odds on him more than likely not running him over.

completely true. same could be said as 1 player cant be a whole offense...take mt. pleasant of last year, marco daily pretty much went through everyone unil he got to the semi final.

completely true. same could be said as 1 player cant be a whole offense...take mt. pleasant of last year, marco daily pretty much went through everyone unil he got to the semi final.

Hey how did the MTP - WC game play out? I saw the score and saw WC won by more than 14 but did MTP turn the ball over alot? Is WC 14 points better than MTP? Just curious to see if there is much difference between the two teams.