Midway @ Cosby

old24eagle

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Poe didn't play, but I do know they got their QB (Pressley) back from his ankle injury and I was told he was the difference tonight. I didn't know all week whether or not the players that were involved in the off-the-field incident would play and they didn't. Midway, however, is one tough team and you got to give Coach Moser, his staff and his team a lot of credit for fighting through a tough situation. For all their region titles and big wins, this might have been their biggest under the circumstances of the last three weeks.

To answer the original question, I know Midway was missing six starters last week and the only one I know for sure that was back was Pressley. I'm pretty sure four of the six didn't play due to injuries and other reasons.

I know Poe didn't play, but I do know they got their QB (Pressley) back from his ankle injury and I was told he was the difference tonight. I didn't know all week whether or not the players that were involved in the off-the-field incident would play and they didn't. Midway, however, is one tough team and you got to give Coach Moser, his staff and his team a lot of credit for fighting through a tough situation. For all their region titles and big wins, this might have been their biggest under the circumstances of the last three weeks.

To answer the original question, I know Midway was missing six starters last week and the only one I know for sure that was back was Pressley. I'm pretty sure four of the six didn't play due to injuries and other reasons.

Thanks Goosevol, It was definatly a good win, but I'm sure Midway is quite a bit better with all their players.

If you are a strong team ,you will win some games in the playoffs and you will gt due respect. I've said since the first of the year , region 1 is weak. Hampton could be pretty good if they didn't make soooooo many mistakes. I hope they can play a clean game tonight, if so ' they might even pull out a W. But I see things they way they are, clean games have been few and far between.

I'm sure you will find out how good you are tonight, If you beat Midway, I'll be real surprised and I'll even say ,you are a good team.

Its just like I said ,Region 1 was weak this year, .Midway played without several players and still scored 46. Greenback will destroy Grace next week and there you go. This was a young Hampton who made ton's of mistakes. They should be better next season.

I'm sure Hampton doesn't mind one early exit for the success they've enjoyed the past three seasons. It figures that gas would go down and I don't have to make the trip to Hampton. They'll be back.

Yeah when you graduate 3 good classes in a row at a 1a school ,its bound to catchup with you at some point, They were young and I'm sure they will rebound pretty quick.

Thanks Goosevol, It was definatly a good win, but I'm sure Midway is quite a bit better with all their players.

I would like to give Coach Moser credit for the impossible position that some of his players have put him in the last three weeks. The best I can tell nobody has told Coach Moser that he could not play his players, who have some legal problems. Not the school board, not the principle not anybody! This decision to play or not play these players has been his and his alone. Many including myself have encouraged Coach Moser to let these players play and let the other problems work theirselves out. But Coach Moser has maintained a "Do the right thing" attitude. Even if ,in my opinion, doing the right thing threw out his chances of winning games. Well Coach Moser "did the right thing tonight, with the affected players in street clothes he coached his remaining kids to a big victory tonight. I'm now convinced that Coach Moser and his staff are as good has any in this part of the state. Coach Moser is good at turning out football players and he may even be better at turning these players into men. Now after 3 weeks of suspension the queston is WILL THEY PLAY NEXT WEEK????? I doubt anybody in Midway will say!! Congrads Coach Moser and Midway football team.

Great Post. When I talked with Coach Moser earlier this week I could tell the whole situation was literally making him sick. I told him that I would hate to be in his shoes and to just do what he felt was right. I wouldn't have faulted him either way, but it shows that there is more to life than football with the decision he made. Like I said earlier, I think Friday's win was the biggest of his career for what the team's been through.

Great Post. When I talked with Coach Moser earlier this week I could tell the whole situation was literally making him sick. I told him that I would hate to be in his shoes and to just do what he felt was right. I wouldn't have faulted him either way, but it shows that there is more to life than football with the decision he made. Like I said earlier, I think Friday's win was the biggest of his career for what the team's been through.

What a game. To me, Pride, Class and Character are worth way more than winning a football game. Coach Moser and Midway have shown a ton of that over the past 3 weeks. Great job at battling back into the season.

My heart goes out to Cosby. The Greenwave has a really tough team. I think you guys had a great season and there's alot to be proud of.