Tennessee High vs Morristown West

THSVIKINGS11

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that the Vikings control their own destiny from this point on into the semis. This weeks preparation will be key to that success or lack there of. I have to admit that I know little about MoWest other than we ALWAYS struggle against the Trojans, and I feel that many times it is due to defeating ourselves mentally before we even set foot on the field. This Viking team has yet to show any perseverance this year except maybe in the Unicoi game??¦and I can almost say that that doesn??™t count, because that game should have been no contest from the beginning. If adversity strikes, the Vikings have (up to this point) ducked our heads and gone into an emotionless shell. In other words when tough times or situations came; instead of lifting our heads to fight, we couldn??™t wait to get the heck out of Dodge. That??™s why I say that this weeks preparation is key??¦and it??™s not so much preparing the game plan against MoWest as it is repairing and preparing mentally. That goes for the coaching staff as well as the players. The Viking machine has to enter this game confident that we are the better team. It??™s time for the SENIOR LEADERS to step up and lead this team! When the tough times come rally the troops together and get back on the horse! When someone isn??™t giving the expected effort out on the field or continues to make the same mistakes??¦smack them in the back of the helmet and tell them to get it together or GET OFF THE FIELD!! We have all the tools that are needed to take us into the latter rounds??¦but we have to come ready to play! Execution on offense this week will be key. Taylor has to step up and get more confidence in his passes??¦and that is done by staying after practice and putting in that extra time with his receivers to get not only the timing down, but to gain more understanding of what any particular receiver is capable of. Some of these guys can and will make plays if the ball is put out their where they have the opportunity to go get it. There has only been one long route thrown that I can remember this year that was put out their for the receiver to make a play on it and that one resulted in 6. Somebody please correct me if I??™m wrong. The rest of the time the receivers have had to wait on the ball even when they are wide open by themselves and many times it doesn??™t even make it there. They need to get the ball on the run and in order to do that Taylor needs to find his receiver and throw the ball much sooner than he has up to this point. If this isn??™t corrected not only will it hamper the effectiveness of the Viking O against the better teams (as we saw in the South game) but we can expect the same QB situation we dealt with this year to start all over next season. MoWest always features a ???flyer??? or two, so containment will be key on defense.

I feel that the Vikings control their own destiny from this point on into the semis. This weeks preparation will be key to that success or lack there of. I have to admit that I know little about MoWest other than we ALWAYS struggle against the Trojans, and I feel that many times it is due to defeating ourselves mentally before we even set foot on the field. This Viking team has yet to show any perseverance this year except maybe in the Unicoi game??¦and I can almost say that that doesn??™t count, because that game should have been no contest from the beginning. If adversity strikes, the Vikings have (up to this point) ducked our heads and gone into an emotionless shell. In other words when tough times or situations came; instead of lifting our heads to fight, we couldn??™t wait to get the heck out of Dodge. That??™s why I say that this weeks preparation is key??¦and it??™s not so much preparing the game plan against MoWest as it is repairing and preparing mentally. That goes for the coaching staff as well as the players. The Viking machine has to enter this game confident that we are the better team. It??™s time for the SENIOR LEADERS to step up and lead this team! When the tough times come rally the troops together and get back on the horse! When someone isn??™t giving the expected effort out on the field or continues to make the same mistakes??¦smack them in the back of the helmet and tell them to get it together or GET OFF THE FIELD!! We have all the tools that are needed to take us into the latter rounds??¦but we have to come ready to play! Execution on offense this week will be key. Taylor has to step up and get more confidence in his passes??¦and that is done by staying after practice and putting in that extra time with his receivers to get not only the timing down, but to gain more understanding of what any particular receiver is capable of. Some of these guys can and will make plays if the ball is put out their where they have the opportunity to go get it. There has only been one long route thrown that I can remember this year that was put out their for the receiver to make a play on it and that one resulted in 6. Somebody please correct me if I??™m wrong. The rest of the time the receivers have had to wait on the ball even when they are wide open by themselves and many times it doesn??™t even make it there. They need to get the ball on the run and in order to do that Taylor needs to find his receiver and throw the ball much sooner than he has up to this point. If this isn??™t corrected not only will it hamper the effectiveness of the Viking O against the better teams (as we saw in the South game) but we can expect the same QB situation we dealt with this year to start all over next season. MoWest always features a ???flyer??? or two, so containment will be key on defense.

Cap, please clarify this statement. I take it as you are saying that the only way your Vikes don't get to the Maryville game is if they beat themselves. Please tell me I took this wrong.

I agree Cap1.

Ha ! I call this counting the chickens before they are hatched.

I think he meant to type west but made an error. It's not like they share the name Morristown or anything. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Both Wrong, I was correcting a gentleman, a Mr, Gippetto who went into a lenthy dialogue of what ails the Vikings. At the end, He said M. East. That where I corrected him, fellas, and told him it was West.

Cap, please clarify this statement. I take it as you are saying that the only way your Vikes don't get to the Maryville game is if they beat themselves. Please tell me I took this wrong.

Quit beatin your chest Volman because we both know that on any given Friday Night??¦

South is good??¦real good, but they are definitely beatable. And yes the Vikings could very well be the ones to do it. I don??™t think that there is a team that we play or have played that we couldn??™t beat if things go as planned. And I??™m shocked that you would think the I would think any differently. You guys started this ???Peacock??? crap last year and Maryville had to brake the whippin stick out on you to get you out of that tree. Just remember the words ANY GIVEN FRIDAY NIGHT!!!! They are still ringing in my ears from last year at about this time.

For more clarification??¦THS has a good team??¦a very callable team. And from a spectators standpoint that has seen every game they have played??¦they have shot themselves in the foot in every game prier to the Johnson County game with the exception of DB. The South game would belong to the OC and Coach Stubbs??™s delusion that we can force feed any team that stands in front of us a big does of Keenan and get away with a win. And with DB??¦along with key injuries that happened the week of the game, our QB??¦well??¦that was his last game at QB. Every other game should have been like the three games before the South game. Now??¦some can speculate and say that East, North, and Science Hill ???made adjustments??? at halftime??¦but the truth is that the Vikings (mostly on the coaching side) just fell apart trying to baby sit small leads. Now that??™s just my opinion but the first half stats will back me up on all three of those games.

I think the Vikes will win this game and something tells me South will see them again in the playoff future lol. To much talent to go out early and quietly. South won yes but no one was more surprised than i of how well we controlled the tempo. We may have awoken a sleeping giant =) Good luck in the playoffs Vikings!

And BTW great sportsmanship throughout the game and afterwards, players and fans alike were class acts in this game, something to be proud of Cap /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Both Wrong, I was correcting a gentleman, a Mr, Gippetto who went into a lenthy dialogue of what ails the Vikings. At the end, He said M. East. That where I corrected him, fellas, and told him it was West.

Go blow your horn somewhere else little boy blue!!! You obviously do not understand the game of football. You didn't answer my question about the blocking schemes. I bet you (little boy blue) know the notes on a flute.

Go blow your horn somewhere else little boy blue!!! You obviously do not understand the game of football. You didn't answer my question about the blocking schemes. I bet you (little boy blue) know the notes on a flute.

Cap1, You know, so forgive me. Gippeto, where did you coach and play, just want to know since I hear a little horn tooting. Didn't say you did not know football. Just thought you ought to know who you were playing this friday, thats all.

Actually I am impressed because I thought (but I was in the band) that it took the eyes of about eight coaches during the game and about 50 man hours of breaking down film to see all that you see. Have you thought about consulting with a few of the local football programs.

I played the snair drums, because I have rhythm, but I always knew who we played on Friday night..