Tennessee High vs Morristown West

THSVIKINGS11

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THS 21 Mo' West 13

Tennessee usually struggles with the Trojans regardless of their record.

Don't let the 6-4 record for MoWest fool you. They are a tough, physical football team that has been hit with some bad luck. Three of those losses, the Trojans lost by TD or less, and they actually had Science Hill and Greeneville beat. West could easily be 8-2 or 9-1 with the only big loss being in the season opener against Catholic with the West third string QB playing all but 3 snaps due to injuries.

The West defense has stepped up the last few games (other than the Greeneville game), and they seem to be hitting their stride. This game will be won on the line of scrimmage, and West has improved on both lines every week. In a low scoring contest, I see West moving on, barely.

MoWest 17, Tennessee High 13

Don't let the 6-4 record for MoWest fool you. They are a tough, physical football team that has been hit with some bad luck. Three of those losses, the Trojans lost by TD or less, and they actually had Science Hill and Greeneville beat. West could easily be 8-2 or 9-1 with the only big loss being in the season opener against Catholic with the West third string QB playing all but 3 snaps due to injuries.

The West defense has stepped up the last few games (other than the Greeneville game), and they seem to be hitting their stride. This game will be won on the line of scrimmage, and West has improved on both lines every week. In a low scoring contest, I see West moving on, barely.

MoWest 17, Tennessee High 13

I never said that Mo'West was bad or good, so I don't know how you came to conclude that I'm some how fooled by Morristown West's record. The only thing I did was predict a close Viking victory. However, that woulda coulda shoulda stuff works with every team and is quite frankly pointless.

MoWest is a very good 6-4 team played well against science hill with too many unforced errors and had a chance to get it late

too many penalties killed them against east lost on the 1

and they were slow out of the gate on greeneville with greenway playing as good as he ever has losing in ot

TN high hasnt played well against good teams this year and couldnt move the ball on south

West has finally gotten their running game hitting on all cylinders and are coming off an easy win

West 31 Vikings 14

I never said that Mo'West was bad or good, so I don't know how you came to conclude that I'm some how fooled by Morristown West's record. The only thing I did was predict a close Viking victory. However, that woulda coulda shoulda stuff works with every team and is quite frankly pointless.

No sweat Vike. Didn't mean anything negative by it. I have a lot of respect for your program. I'm looking forward to a good matchup Friday night. Never been to The Stone Castle for a game, so I'm looking forward to the atmosphere there. Should be fun.

No sweat Vike. Didn't mean anything negative by it. I have a lot of respect for your program. I'm looking forward to a good matchup Friday night. Never been to The Stone Castle for a game, so I'm looking forward to the atmosphere there. Should be fun.

No problem, I know the Trojans are perennially tough, so I never write them off. Who are some of the Mo'West players to look out for?

The Stone Castle does have a unique atmosphere and I'm sure you'll enjoy it there.

No problem, I know the Trojans are perennially tough, so I never write them off. Who are some of the Mo'West players to look out for?

The Stone Castle does have a unique atmosphere and I'm sure you'll enjoy it there.

#8 Jones at QB is a dual threat. #2 Goforth is a power-type runner and #20 Fredricks is a fast back. #88 McKinney is a threat to score everytime the touches the ball. The Cantwell brothers (#18 Phillip and #28 Michael) each have more than 90 tackles, and #99 Bush is a Divison I caliber defensive end. #98 Smith has stepped up on the defensive line also. #23 Duncan (son of former UT kicker Alan Duncan) is the FG kicker & has a strong leg with a long of 40. #19 Hunsucker is the kickoff man, and he usually puts the ball inside the 5 if not in the endzone.