Franklin county 3-7 vs Smyrna 6-4

seantn_4

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess you guys should have beaten Lincoln County...3-7 or 5-5 what's the difference....the reason for the play-offs is to determine a state champion. MOST LIKELY THIS TEAM IS GONNA BE 9-1 OR 10-0 going in to the play-offs. So if tour team is 5-5 or whatever, it's just one more game before you're out. Smyrna will probably beat FC ,not because FC doesn't have the atheletes, but because FC has a new coach and a new system, and they aren't playing up to their potential. If Smyrna underestimates FC, they could end up like a very good Cookeville team... OUT!

FC had not played up to their talent in the last two yrs before Ela arrived.

Guess you guys should have beaten Lincoln County...3-7 or 5-5 what's the difference....the reason for the play-offs is to determine a state champion. MOST LIKELY THIS TEAM IS GONNA BE 9-1 OR 10-0 going in to the play-offs. So if tour team is 5-5 or whatever, it's just one more game before you're out. Smyrna will probably beat FC ,not because FC doesn't have the atheletes, but because FC has a new coach and a new system, and they aren't playing up to their potential. If Smyrna underestimates FC, they could end up like a very good Cookeville team... OUT!

Cookeville is not out .They will host Siegel Nov 7.

3-7 and in playoffs? What the $##$#$#?

it's sad when a 3-7 team can make the playoffs...if i were the coach i might not even go..just forfeit

This comes up every year and I'm always surprised by the complaining that goes with it. A couple of years ago Livingston Academy entered the playoffs as a 4th seed with a 5-5 record and won the championship. Granted, it's very unlikely that a 3-7 team could do that, but dem's da rules, and forfeiting would a sorry thing to do to one's players. Occasionally the two best teams in the state are in the same region, and one of them doesn't get the respect it deserves in the playoffs, but again dem's da rules, and until someone comes up with a better system I figure it's best to play by the rules and resist whining about them when they go against you.

Just my two shekels....

This comes up every year and I'm always surprised by the complaining that goes with it. A couple of years ago Livingston Academy entered the playoffs as a 4th seed with a 5-5 record and won the championship. Granted, it's very unlikely that a 3-7 team could do that, but dem's da rules, and forfeiting would a sorry thing to do to one's players. Occasionally the two best teams in the state are in the same region, and one of them doesn't get the respect it deserves in the playoffs, but again dem's da rules, and until someone comes up with a better system I figure it's best to play by the rules and resist whining about them when they go against you.

Just my two shekels....

well in case you didnt know next year is a new system...and i really think that we are not gonna like this new system at least right now you know what you gotta do to get in but next year none of us are gonna know until TSSAA tells us it is more unusual for a 3-7 team in 5A to make the playoffs ESPCIALLY being a 3rd seed than it is in the lower divisions

well in case you didnt know next year is a new system...and i really think that we are not gonna like this new system at least right now you know what you gotta do to get in but next year none of us are gonna know until TSSAA tells us it is more unusual for a 3-7 team in 5A to make the playoffs ESPCIALLY being a 3rd seed than it is in the lower divisions

I suspect that whatever the new system is it won't be perfect, since anything short of a double elimination tournament will have its own peculiar problems and folks will continue to whine about it. It's actually almost impossible for any 5A team in a region other than 3-5A to make the playoffs with a 3-7 record (absent forfeits) since all the other regions have at least 7 teams in them. In Region 3 all ya gotta do is beat the right 3 teams (actually you can do it by beating the right two teams). In the other regions it would take several teams tied for a low seed for something like that to happen, which like you say is unusual. Like I said - dem's da rules (at least for now).