Franklin county 3-7 vs Smyrna 6-4

seantn_4

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can feel (and to some degree understand) the lack of excitement for this game. This is the start of a pursuit for 3 straight 5A titles for the Smyrna Bulldogs. Will it happen? That remains to be seen, but it is possible. That fact alone is a testament to this 1st year head coach, Coach Matt Williams, his staff and the young men on this team. He did some outstanding things with this team this year. I look back to a rainy/cold day, week 3 at Lebanon, where this team got its first win (7-6). From that moment on, this team has played with great determination and grit. This team went from thinking; all they needed to do was show up to get the win, to a team that battles every play, every quarter, and every game. He got his team to believe in his system, believe in his staff and most of all, to believe in your buddy and teammate next to you in the huddle. This was the toughest sell, after the 0-2 start.

Congratulations go out to Coach Matt Williams, his Staff and the 2008 Bulldogs.

The future looks bright for the Smyrna Bulldog Football Program. The foundation has been laid for this program to do some special things the next few years.

Keep believing in one another, keep improving, keep playing passionate football and keep winning ball games. Know that if you do, you can add your team to the short but growing legacy of the Town of Smyrna??™s Football and another 5A State Championship.

GO DOGS!

Hey warhawks, how did Dublin Coffman do this year? I was up there 2 years ago on business and went to a few of their game.

Pretty nice program.

If I remember right from a earlier post, that??™s where your are. Right?

Yes sir! We finished 7-3 and missed the play-offs. It is a pretty nice program! Thanks Bulldog86 and good luck to Smyrna hope you guys get back to the ship for a third year in a row! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I read in a bit today on the Rutherford county news that Franklin Co. has a real nice back (Terrance Martin)

Anyone heard anything on him?

It was said he is very athletic, they use him in shotgun sets at QB and they will put him in a slot. He was compared to JP2's Golden Tate. Is he really that good? I'm sure I'll see tomorrow night but just wanted to hear some opinions.