Sullivan South Rebels host Cherokee Chiefs

JDRebel

I went and watched the cherokee/volunteer game last friday (would of rather been at the south game but...)... Cherokee didnt play too well. The game was better than the score indicated. Their run D looked pretty good but then again volunteer starts a freshman running back. Their secondary got burn't deep a couple of times and the offense, although they put up 40pts, wasnt impressive. South should be able to score at will barring any turnovers or just a plain off day. I just hope they don't look past cherokee to a possible match-up with Mo East. South wins big 49-14.

You can't say too much about Volunteer starting a freshman running back, because he only got 5 carries in the game, and the other backs only got 6 carries. Volunteer is a pass happy offense and if they don't change that offense next year to the showcase the running game they will be in trouble.

As for this game Cherokee stands no chance as I said before, South will have fun with this game!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't say too much about Volunteer starting a freshman running back, because he only got 5 carries in the game, and the other backs only got 6 carries. Volunteer is a pass happy offense and if they don't change that offense next year to the showcase the running game they will be in trouble.

As for this game Cherokee stands no chance as I said before, South will have fun with this game!

These early games in the upstate are basially a joke, just TSSAA money most 1 vs 4 are total blowouts...

Cherokee #21, #5, and #10 with #10 being the most elusive/fast. Not much of a passing game, at least not last Friday ( 0-3 with 1 INT, 0 yds ), but in the past I have seen that the Chief QB can throw fairly well.

#11 on defense is solid, #32 pretty good as well.

My son plays at Volunteer and I don't understand the "dirty play" comment about Cherokee. usually the Hawkins County SuperBowl gets pretty dirty, but this year and last it was down right civil. Only one unsportsmanlike call and it was on Cherokee's coach I believe. Volunteer spotted Cherokee 12 points with two bad snaps on punts, leaving them with a one yard field and a seven yard field. South has too many weapons for the Chiefs IMO but don't look past them just yet or they might give you a scare for awhile.

I say South 42 Cherokee 20.

Good luck to both, stay healthy.

Of the two games i saw cherokee play, there were 5+ personal fouls.

They hit late, in the back.

They twist ankles in the pile.

Numerous more occasions of things like that.

Friends on both of the teams I watched them play against backed me up on this. I was watching it happen, and they agreed.

Ya gotta watch your back and not stand around a pile.

thanks Ron /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It looks like somebody dug into the tricitiessports.com archives yesterday. I still wonder when tricitiessportsfan aka Ron Bliss is going to give us a true #1 in his poll instead of putting South and DB both as #1.

you're correct. where is your 100% correct poll by the way? Did I miss it this week? I probably did. I had to work overtime at my job at McDonalds. Im such a dufuss. I gotta go play in the street now.

You are also 100% correct. The final poll for 2008 will be out later tonight. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Don't get me wrong, the kid #5 has a lot of talent. He will be a force to be reckoned with if the falcons develop some balance and a decent O-line. But starting a freshman on senior night?

Anyway, i do agree with you in that the Rebs will have some fun with the Chiefs this week. Goals for this week for South:

Win

Stay Healthy

Stay Sharp & Fine Tune all 3 aspects of the game

Stay focused on the big pic

Carol Blanken #50, has announced that this Friday at lunch shirts and hats will go on sale at Sullivan South. These will be the 4 time MLC Conference Champions shirts and hats. Hats will be $20 dollars and shirts will be $15. Make sure you go by and get yours before the game Friday night. Be sure and check for mildew because these shirts and hats have been printed since before the Tennessee High game last year. And a quart of sweetwater might get you a Big 8 Conference Championship shirt...those just got printed last week. It's got a print on the front of Clark, Stubbs, and Smith in a private meeting with Sammy the "Bull" to try and figure out a way to stop the Stacy Carter Machine. The Crowe collection drop off site has been established as Bumpus Cove as they have special maranadeing abilities there. Anyone wishing to donate Crowe for the next 4 weeks may call Waste Management.

The Colonial Heights Police Department has issued a statement allowing for people not attending the game between the hours of 7-10 on Friday to be shot on site. They will be transported immediately to Bumpus Cove. If you live in the 'Heights and you are not a Rebel there is a special assistance group to help you sell your house immediately...Contact Lisa Beedle. Congratulations to Melynda Fletcher for recieving her "Honarary Referee" certificate for her undying support of the TSSAA and it's management of high school football games.

Anyone having any community service notifications may post on this thread. Please be aware that Don Beedle and his dawgs monitor this site continously.

Carol Blanken #50, has announced that this Friday at lunch shirts and hats will go on sale at Sullivan South. These will be the 4 time MLC Conference Champions shirts and hats. Hats will be $20 dollars and shirts will be $15. Make sure you go by and get yours before the game Friday night. Be sure and check for mildew because these shirts and hats have been printed since before the Tennessee High game last year. And a quart of sweetwater might get you a Big 8 Conference Championship shirt...those just got printed last week. It's got a print on the front of Clark, Stubbs, and Smith in a private meeting with Sammy the "Bull" to try and figure out a way to stop the Stacy Carter Machine. The Crowe collection drop off site has been established as Bumpus Cove as they have special maranadeing abilities there. Anyone wishing to donate Crowe for the next 4 weeks may call Waste Management.

The Colonial Heights Police Department has issued a statement allowing for people not attending the game between the hours of 7-10 on Friday to be shot on site. They will be transported immediately to Bumpus Cove. If you live in the 'Heights and you are not a Rebel there is a special assistance group to help you sell your house immediately...Contact Lisa Beedle. Congratulations to Melynda Fletcher for recieving her "Honarary Referee" certificate for her undying support of the TSSAA and it's management of high school football games.

Anyone having any community service notifications may post on this thread. Please be aware that Don Beedle and his dawgs monitor this site continously.

thanks for the info