Elizabethton vs Greenville

FTBALLMANIA08

All you need to know is the history of Greene County. Late 70's NAFTA-That's North American Free Trade Agreement. This guaranteed all farms in Greevenille would be bankrupt in 5 years. 1980's Bankruptsy Court moved from Knoxville to Greeneville. Early 90's - Anouncement of developement of 4 lane from Tri-Cities Airport to Dollywood...convieniently going thru the middle of Greene County farmland which by this time was convieniently owned by the bankruptsy courts. Federal Government convieninetly purchased land through the middle of Greene County to build proposed highway. City of Newport all of a sudden becomes premium realestate. Late 90's early 2000, all of a sudden the City of Greeneville is filthy rich. Hmmm, wonder where all that money came from? Well it wasn't from the price of beef. Comprende' Espanoil?

Trust me. He will play.

This has to be one of the dumbest posts I've ever read on this board. Where exactly did your lesson in Greene County history come from? Without addressing each point of error, lets look at the cornerstone of your argument. I'm gonna guess that you are 10 or 11 years old if your sense of history places NAFTA in the 70's. You were only 2 decades off!!! The NAFTA agreement was signed December 1993, and went into effect 1/1/94.

Since this throws your series of events off, would you like to rewrite it? Do you even know what NAFTA is? I might buy your argument if you implied that it hurt North American Phillips or MECO, but how in the world did free trade bankrupt our farms in Greene County? We were primarly Burley based(hence Burley Stadium), and I'm not sure that Canada or Mexico wrecked our Burley industry.

Barb pegged you correctly.....mo-ron

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you need to know is the history of Greene County. Late 70's NAFTA-That's North American Free Trade Agreement. This guaranteed all farms in Greevenille would be bankrupt in 5 years. 1980's Bankruptsy Court moved from Knoxville to Greeneville. Early 90's - Anouncement of developement of 4 lane from Tri-Cities Airport to Dollywood...convieniently going thru the middle of Greene County farmland which by this time was convieniently owned by the bankruptsy courts. Federal Government convieninetly purchased land through the middle of Greene County to build proposed highway. City of Newport all of a sudden becomes premium realestate. Late 90's early 2000, all of a sudden the City of Greeneville is filthy rich. Hmmm, wonder where all that money came from? Well it wasn't from the price of beef. Comprende' Espanoil?

Trust me. He will play.

Hey Mo Ron, where do you live? Its not the city that is filthy rich, its a man that moved here in the early 90's. He loves high school football and he wanted to support a program with lots of tradition. Your not even a Betsy fan are you?

This has to be one of the dumbest posts I've ever read on this board. Where exactly did your lesson in Greene County history come from? Without addressing each point of error, lets look at the cornerstone of your argument. I'm gonna guess that you are 10 or 11 years old if your sense of history places NAFTA in the 70's. You were only 2 decades off!!! The NAFTA agreement was signed December 1993, and went into effect 1/1/94.

Since this throws your series of events off, would you like to rewrite it? Do you even know what NAFTA is? I might buy your argument if you implied that it hurt North American Phillips or MECO, but how in the world did free trade bankrupt our farms in Greene County? We were primarly Burley based(hence Burley Stadium), and I'm not sure that Canada or Mexico wrecked our Burley industry.

Barb pegged you correctly.....mo-ron

Yeah and I'm pretty sure federal bankruptcy courts don't own land either and not sure how the purchase of bankrupt land by the federal government from the federal bankruptcy courts would make Greeneville stinking rich.....but if they are I want some of my property tax money back. C'mon Mayor King, we know your hiding all that bankrupt farm money.....from all those bankrupt city farms....lets have a rebate.

So somebody either confirm or deny the rumor that some influental people in the greenville community are pressuring the team to let the starting QB back on the team for the playoffs after his "off the field" antics?????

What is the story behind all this and assuming the rumors of what happen with him are true(I heard DUI) then how on earth could they let politics get in the way of setting the right example for those kids.

I hope its just a bad rumor and that the punishment fits the crime otherwise thats would be a sad story.

So come on greenville fans inquiring minds want to know.

Whoever is spreading this bull does not know what they are talking about because Greenway is done for the season. His 'antics' off the field has caused him to lose his starting position as the QB as the Greeneville team, and some of those influential people DO NOT want him to play......he has been and will continue to be dismissed from the team!

IMO! I believe that he should get to play, only because he pleaded not guilty and in our country everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and his court date isn't until early 2009 if i'm not mistaking?

so therefore i believe he should get to play.

I'm with you! Good point. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Betsy does have some speed, but i just don't think they match up to greeneville. I'm saying greeneville by 7.