Elizabethton vs Greenville

FTBALLMANIA08

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Greeneville kicks off, is the punter being told to kick it in or around the 35 yard line or what? We had one long kick off which of course resulted in the 3rd quarter fumble recovery in the endzone. Any thoughts or ideas?

I am not sure if it was intentional or not....maybe to keep it away from the Betsy return guys...It worried me though, giving Betsy the short field with all that explosive speed.

Congrats to GHS on the win and representing the 5 rivers.

Hey Barb!!!!!! Did it pour there like it did here? I bought a drink at half time and drank half of it under the stands and by the time I got back to my seat, it was full again. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Congrats to GHS on the win and representing the 5 rivers.

Hey Barb!!!!!! Did it pour there like it did here? I bought a drink at half time and drank half of it under the stands and by the time I got back to my seat, it was full again. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Most of the 4th was pretty miserable...poured and the wind drove it right in our faces.

When Greeneville kicks off, is the punter being told to kick it in or around the 35 yard line or what? We had one long kick off which of course resulted in the 3rd quarter fumble recovery in the endzone. Any thoughts or ideas?

Hughes has been doing that EVERY game, giving the other team a short field to work with. I don't understand why you would do that..... unless that is as far as he can kick it?!? Can someone explain further?

What is the update on Ryan Fillers? Is his ankle still hurting him?

I asked the same thing of some of Ryan Hughes' friends and they told me he is doing exactly what he is told. I don't know why either unless they're not confident in the special teams' defense of the full punt return. Hughes has a heck of a leg so that's not the issue. He has been pooch kicking it away from certain returners. I'm sure coach Mac has his reasons.

I asked the same thing of some of Ryan Hughes' friends and they told me he is doing exactly what he is told. I don't know why either unless they're not confident in the special teams' defense of the full punt return. Hughes has a heck of a leg so that's not the issue. He has been pooch kicking it away from certain returners. I'm sure coach Mac has his reasons.

Watch and see if the short kicks don't come back to bite us in the rear sometime soon. If we can't cover on kick offs, then let him kick it out of bounds deep, and spot it at the 35. Take all chances out of play. JMO