Congratulations Grace Christian Academy

eagle3314

Cosby beat Hampton by 4 points why in the world would we think Cosby was the better team! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I sort of figured you would be smart enough to understand , that the game with Hampton was extremaly rare. And that you got a bunch of unusual breaks. Got to admitt that was pretty rare. If you just lookd at #of posession and # of scores ,this would not have been very close. if it takes that many breaks for you to beat a pretty good team, you might as welk fold the tent. I'd be very surprised if you are this fortunate again.

You might even look at like opponents and the results,once you see a pattern, it usually hold up pretty good. I'd sort of like to see how you would rank the teams in region 1.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to be pretty ingrossed to me. The crazy thing is ,you are showing more support to people you don't even know instead of people in you're own back yard. I thought you liked Cloudland. Another thing ,I never said ,the Cloudland people didn't like Cosby ,just that they none believed they were the best in the region.

Yeah, I enjoy this sport and I like this forum, but I like huntin', music, and motorcycle ridin' a whole lot better. And I love Cloudland football. I've really enjoyed the tail-gating this year getting together with fellow friends and fans. I was pulling for us hard against Cosby. Everytime we play Cosby, I'm gonna be in Cloudland's corner. Thats where I played and went to school. I'm just disappointed that we seem to no longer have the fire and passion that made Cloudland games so memorable. I'm talking more about our fanbase than anything, because I'm pleased with the head coach we have and I hope he's there a long time. This is the second year in a row that Cosby has rooted for us in other games. They were louder than our own fans. That bunch loves this game and thats why they are where they are at today. I've gotten to know them on here and have met some of them in person. I like them. Thats why America is so great. You can like whoever you want. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Cosby capatilized on those breaks. It was up to Hampton's D to stop them and they couldn't. Cosby wins.

Yeah, I enjoy this sport and I like this forum, but I like huntin', music, and motorcycle ridin' a whole lot better. And I love Cloudland football. I've really enjoyed the tail-gating this year getting together with fellow friends and fans. I was pulling for us hard against Cosby. Everytime we play Cosby, I'm gonna be in Cloudland's corner. Thats where I played and went to school. I'm just disappointed that we seem to no longer have the fire and passion that made Cloudland games so memorable. I'm talking more about our fanbase than anything, because I'm pleased with the head coach we have and I hope he's there a long time. This is the second year in a row that Cosby has rooted for us in other games. They were louder than our own fans. That bunch loves this game and thats why they are where they are at today. I've gotten to know them on here and have met some of them in person. I like them. Thats why America is so great. You can like whoever you want. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Cosby capatilized on those breaks. It was up to Hampton's D to stop them and they couldn't. Cosby wins.

Did you ever stop and think ,that Cosby was routing against the other team. as far as the hobbies goes, I Like working with my kids and any kind of sports. My kids are far above any of the rest.

As far as Cloudlands fanbase goes, winning and losing takes care of that. Its the same everywhere.

Grace Rams are #1 and REGION CHAMPS!!.....now, let's get over that...that's already been decided....Done deal!!

Good Luck Grace against Coalfield!! Do your thing and take 1 game at a time...!! We are behind you and support you all the way!!

You may be disapointed when they give out the awards, its going to say Co champs , they will give Cosby and Hampton the same one's.

You may be disapointed when they give out the awards, its going to say Co champs , they will give Cosby and Hampton the same one's.

You are wrong once again 'Lil Puppy'. It will say 2008 Region 1A champions. Seen it happen before in other classifications. Just face it, the little puppies are third in the region and are not the domininant force anymore.....Grace and Cosby are the new ones. When are you gonna face the facts?

Why don't you cry to TSSAA because Grace nor Cosby makes the rules. Get over it, the Puppy Dogs are third in the region......and while you're still crying, cry me a river. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They are not third in the region they tied in the region 4-1 same as grace and cosby they just happen to get the third seed due to the tie breaker but all three are 4-1 so co-champions

They are not third in the region they tied in the region 4-1 same as grace and cosby they just happen to get the third seed due to the tie breaker but all three are 4-1 so co-champions

They don't know much about it, this is their first rodeo. They better hold on tight because the riding is going to get rough after the 1st round. They should win the 1st one ,but it wouldn't shock me if Coalfield pulled it off.

You are wrong once again 'Lil Puppy'. It will say 2008 Region 1A champions. Seen it happen before in other classifications. Just face it, the little puppies are third in the region and are not the domininant force anymore.....Grace and Cosby are the new ones. When are you gonna face the facts?

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Might as well throw in my $0.02. Each team had the chances to win the Region out right. None of them were able to pull it off. Call it co-champions if you want, or go by the playoff seeding. But no team can stand alone as Region Champs. Grace and Cosby played a weaker schedule than Hampton. That will only hurt the first two and help the latter in the playoffs, maybe or maybe not in the first round. I guess time will tell.

Congrats to Grace and Cosby on the seasons both teams put together. I know you guys are not use to this type of success. With that being said, I don't think I would be on here saying that you guys are the new dominant force in Region 1. Both have only had one good year in recent memory (I know Grace has only been around for a few). Put together a run like Hampton over the next 4-5 years and then start proclaiming yourselves as the class of the Region. Hampton still has more Regions Championships than both of you combined. One last thing to the Rams and Eagles. Welcome to the playoffs boys and girls, and good luck to you all. Too bad neither of you will make it to the semi's, and be able to see the real class of 1A football, which ever team comes out of Region 3 or 4!.................or maybe you will?

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Might as well throw in my $0.02. Each team had the chances to win the Region out right. None of them were able to pull it off. Call it co-champions if you want, or go by the playoff seeding. But no team can stand alone as Region Champs. Grace and Cosby played a weaker schedule than Hampton. That will only hurt the first two and help the latter in the playoffs, maybe or maybe not in the first round. I guess time will tell.

Congrats to Grace and Cosby on the seasons both teams put together. I know you guys are not use to this type of success. With that being said, I don't think I would be on here saying that you guys are the new dominant force in Region 1. Both have only had one good year in recent memory (I know Grace has only been around for a few). Put together a run like Hampton over the next 4-5 years and then start proclaiming yourselves as the class of the Region. Hampton still has more Regions Championships than both of you combined. One last thing to the Rams and Eagles. Welcome to the playoffs boys and girls, and good luck to you all. Too bad neither of you will make it to the semi's, and be able to see the real class of 1A football, which ever team comes out of Region 3 or 4!.................or maybe you will?

Cosby was 6-5 in 2005 and 9-2 in 2006 , not to mention a few winning seasons in the early to mid 90's so this isn't our first taste of a good season. I love how the only team that has previously won a title between the three of us is the only one on here hollering it's a co championship , greedy buttheads! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I am so sick of hearing about this whole Hampton scheduling NFL teams crap! If Hampton had beat those so called worldbeaters that they have on their schedule then feel free to use that. The only teams Hampton beat with a descent record were Cloudland and Grace. Everyone else that you are using to say they are abetter team because of the rougher schedule they played beat them. And by SIR PUJO's calculations that don't make them better, but every other person in football land has to say that a team is better when they are beaten by them. If I'm not mistaken the other 3 teams Hampton beat had something like 2 wins between them. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I've always pulled for Hampton and I've never once said Cosby is the new class of the region, but because you brought it up we have had winning seasons 3 of the last 4. Not just 1 good one under our belt. Now, have we won as much as Hampton? NO! But no one is claiming that either.