McCallie-Ensworth II

As far as the game is concerned i really think ensworth will win this game if the players are healthy which i think they are. Last year deep in the season we were spread so thin by the time playoffs came around we made BA look like the Patriots. McCallie is a very good team with lots of athletic players (their QB and some Vandy signee). But Ensworth will make those defensive changes and hopefully will slow down McCallie

I know this sounds dumb, but EHS is about as healthy as they can hope to be considering they have four 2-way starters out for the year. Let's hope they can avoid any further injuries in the playoffs.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of nurturing -- since you know their names and where they go to school, perhaps you should contact the boys, or their parents, directly and leave their names off of this forum.

I know their names and where they go to school beacuse the announcers mentioned it dozens of times during the TV broadcast of the game. It is no secret.

This all brings up an interesting point that I wondered about when MBA played Hillsboro earlier in the year.

With all the nuturing being done at EHS, why did Marvin Hughes and the Bilhovde brothers leave and go to Hillsboro?

I hesitiate to respond to this one, and if a moderator pulls it, I'll understand, we're close to the dge with names being mentioned....

I know nothing about any of these young men, beyond the fact that one of them is an extremely good receiver. Perhaps they didn't like the academic rigor at ensworth. Maybe they just didn't fit in; it happens sometimes. Maybe they missed friends in the public school system. Or maybe all those "footbal scholarships" Ricky Bowers is giving out are every bit as mythical as unicorns, and in a time of fincancial crisis, some families can no longer afford private school educations.

First of all, I don't know anything about this alleged visit, but I find it hard to believe for many reasons. Second, I haven't heard if the player is now eligible, in fact I'm pretty sure he is not. No matter what he will be eligible for next year, but he has sat out this entire year, I believe because the Mt. Pleasant principal refuses to allow it.

Now I have a comment for all of the people who ay that EHS took advantage of this kid because all they care about is football. I think the principal of Mt. Pleasant is making an unfortunate decision here. He certainly isn't helping his own team, because the player is already gone and isn't coming back. And I understand that he in no way, shape, or form owes ANYTHING to EHS, so I won't even argue that he is being unfair to Ensworth. What I find unfortunate, and extremely selfish is the fact that this administrator is clearly holding a grudge against this player and his family. He is clearly so bitter about having lost a good football player (Don't get me wrong, he is a great kid, but clearly that isn't influencing the principal's decision) that he is willing to take out his frustrations on a kid who is now in a great position to succeed. So who cares more about football: The school that is giving a fine young man a great educational and athletic opportunity, or the selfish administrator who is trying to take the football aspect away?

Why should you know anything about this "alleged" visit? You see you look at this from your perspective I look at it from mine. You say our administrator is the one who is taking the football aspect away when it is Ensworth's, either administration or boosters, who didn't reserch the issue before enticing this kid to go to their school. They should have informed the kid up front that he would be ineligible for a season up front. It didn't happen! They have tried on numerous occasions this year to have him released by asking the principal sign a statement that is false, the last being the "alleged" visit by Tim and Faith. It is their fault the kid isn't playing. Don't try to lay it off on our administration. MP followed and continues to follow the rules your guys didn't.

Why should you know anything about this "alleged" visit? You see you look at this from your perspective I look at it from mine. You say our administrator is the one who is taking the football aspect away when it is Ensworth's, either administration or boosters, who didn't reserch the issue before enticing this kid to go to their school. They should have informed the kid up front that he would be ineligible for a season up front. It didn't happen! They have tried on numerous occasions this year to have him released by asking the principal sign a statement that is false, the last being the "alleged" visit by Tim and Faith. It is their fault the kid isn't playing. Don't try to lay it off on our administration. MP followed and continues to follow the rules your guys didn't.

Let's weigh the pros and cons of the young man being enrolled at each school.

Mt. Pleasant Pros:

- Can compete for a Region 6 1A title, possibly a 1A state title

Mt. Pleasant Cons:

- 1A competition is a joke and will not prepare/challenge him in any way to get ready for college...may hender his exposure for recruiting

- County educational system is not the best

Ensworth Pros:

- First class education

- Opportunity to compete for a state championsip in the most challenging class of TN football

- Play against top flight competition every week to get ready for college

- Coaching staff have placed numerous players into SEC football programs, several into the NFL

- Much greater exposure in metro Nashville market

Ensworth Cons:

- Inelgible for game competition Sophomore year

Hmmm....this is a tough call

Looks like there is plenty of frustration about the child leaving his old school.

You should know that the child and members of his family approached the new school, with great enthusiasm. Not the other way around. By all accounts the school and its representatives have been extremely thorough in this case and in others. I find it difficult to blame anyone who weighs his options, and I doubt Ensworth was the only private school the family visited.

Very often, misunderstandings arise when folks weigh in without the facts. Consult pages 13 and 14 in the TSSAA handbook, revised Sept. 2008, regarding financial aid and recruiting in Division II.

Looks like there is plenty of frustration about the child leaving his old school.

You should know that the child and members of his family approached the new school, with great enthusiasm. Not the other way around. By all accounts the school and its representatives have been extremely thorough in this case and in others. I find it difficult to blame anyone who weighs his options, and I doubt Ensworth was the only private school the family visited.

Very often, misunderstandings arise when folks weigh in without the facts. Consult pages 13 and 14 in the TSSAA handbook, revised Sept. 2008, regarding financial aid and recruiting in Division II.

I'm probably not the best to say this, so with a deep sense of irony....

The people that read your message already know, and understand. The ones who don't know and don't understand won't read the message; it doesn't comport with their preconceived notions.

Let's weigh the pros and cons of the young man being enrolled at each school.

Mt. Pleasant Pros:

- Can compete for a Region 6 1A title, possibly a 1A state title

Mt. Pleasant Cons:

- 1A competition is a joke and will not prepare/challenge him in any way to get ready for college...may hender his exposure for recruiting

- County educational system is not the best

Ensworth Pros:

- First class education

- Opportunity to compete for a state championsip in the most challenging class of TN football

- Play against top flight competition every week to get ready for college

- Coaching staff have placed numerous players into SEC football programs, several into the NFL

- Much greater exposure in metro Nashville market

Ensworth Cons:

- Inelgible for game competition Sophomore year

Hmmm....this is a tough call

That is a real poser. I like to think I have a talent for making quick, sound decisions, and this one has me really up in the air.

Frustration is not about the child leaving it is the way he was taken. The family was approached, not the other way around Bostie while the kid was at a football camp and now Ensworth doesn't want the rules to be followed and have him sit out a year. They want him to play now, if MP will just sign a paper so they can get around the rules.

redtwin and kwoodroof 2+2 = 4 no matter what school you attend. I'm sure at ensworth they somehow come up with 5 for the answer and have a logical explanation for it.

If they didn't want him for football why do they keep begging for him to be released. Let him concentrate on his academics. nuff said.

This is the conflict. I believe 2 + 2 at Mt. P = 3.

Why is it that Mt. P. has produced some great football players who have not been capable of taking advantage of potential scholarship offers due to their extremely poor test scores. They had a few in the past - yes, this is the truth - that were unable to play a high level of collegiate ball because their test scores were atrocious. I will not mention these boys' names for obvious reasons - but it is what it is. If you are a parent of a student-athlete who undoubtedly has the ability to play at the next level and you see this happening at the high school were your child is scheduled to go - do you keep him there or do you explore other options?

Now, let common sense consume your thoughts.