McCallie-Ensworth II

Checking out the maps and have a quick question for the Nashville folks. I really hate the West End area traffic. Would cutting over the I65 on the 840 bypass and coming in Old Hickory Blvd be a better alternative?

Thanks for any help! Looking forward to a great game and seeing you this pm! For those who might miss me, I'll be in blue!

Have a safe trip. I don't know if you saw it on another thread, but your headmaster was my 7th grade football coach at MBA. He was also my 8th grade English teacher. He's a very fine man, and I'm pleased to see that his career has gone well.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie's play calling has been conservative most of the year and sometimes it does seem like they only have about 6 plays in total. I think they will pull out all the stops tonight and try everything they have especially in the passing game. If they can complete a few it will open up things for Skogen, Brock and Fullam. But some trickery will need to be involved to keep it up the whole game.

It will also help if McCallie can limit EHS's ground game to less than 400 yards again (dws). EHS is scary good!!!

I really hope it is competitive, clean, and that nobody gets seriously injured!

GO BIG BLUE!

McCallie's play calling has been conservative most of the year and sometimes it does seem like they only have about 6 plays in total. I think they will pull out all the stops tonight and try everything they have especially in the passing game. If they can complete a few it will open up things for Skogen, Brock and Fullam. But some trickery will need to be involved to keep it up the whole game.

It will also help if McCallie can limit EHS's ground game to less than 400 yards again (dws). EHS is scary good!!!

I really hope it is competitive, clean, and that nobody gets seriously injured!

GO BIG BLUE!

McCallie did seem to have some speed, and they looked like a capable team. MBA's quick start certainly hurt them, and I got the idea that they might be running a limited playbook, since the game really didn't matter. That's not to suggest ta lack of effort or commitment, just a realization that there's no point in showing everything in a game that changes nothing, and is probably out of reach anyway. Plus, I'm guessing there were a number of ticketholders from further west in Nashville.

Well...one reason is that there are rules for this sort of thing. If the rules are ignored in this case, what will prevent this sort of thing from happening again and again and again? Everyone knows (or should know) that restrictions come with transfers of this type. I am sure that the Ensworth people explained those restrictions prior to the transfer since they had the kid's best interests at heart. Obviously, they concluded that it would be better for him to sit out a year of football but be in a different environment at Ensworth. Now everyone will just have to live within the rules and move forward.

My understanding of the rule is that he may not participate at the new school for 12 months after his last participation at the prior school. Participation also includes other some other sports including basketball.

Does anyone know when he last participated at Mt. Pleasant? What date did they finish their season last year? Did he play any other sports last year?

Checking out the maps and have a quick question for the Nashville folks. I really hate the West End area traffic. Would cutting over the I65 on the 840 bypass and coming in Old Hickory Blvd be a better alternative?

Thanks for any help! Looking forward to a great game and seeing you this pm! For those who might miss me, I'll be in blue!

It sort of depends on what time you're coming into town. I have often done the 840 option, but I'm not really sure which is faster. For the most part, if you do I-24 to 440 you're going against the flow of rush hour traffic. If you do this, I would get off at the West End exit and muscle the rest of the way through on West End/Harding/Hwy100. If you try to do I-40 all the way to Bellevue, it often turns into a parking lot from 5:00-6:00.

840 is definitely the prettier way to go and maybe less congested overall.

Have a safe trip. I don't know if you saw it on another thread, but your headmaster was my 7th grade football coach at MBA. He was also my 8th grade English teacher. He's a very fine man, and I'm pleased to see that his career has gone well.

He was also principal (headmaster?) at Ensworth when it was still an elementary school.

He was also principal (headmaster?) at Ensworth when it was still an elementary school.

I had heard that. He was an excellent teacher; I learned a great deal about writing from him. One quirk was his habit of addressing the boys as "Mr. So and So". "Mr. Woodroof" was my father; it was a bit of a shock to be called that as a 12 year old.