CPA vs. Hickman County (round 1)

football1011

Hickman County got hosed!

Do you CPA people not understand the disadvantage that a team like Hickman is in? These kids don't live by a D1 facility. They don't have the options of camps in their backyards and probably couldn't afford it anyways. The training they get is from their coaching staff. Call it whinning and crying if you want but all private schools should be together. Go back 10 to 15 years and look at the playoffs and the champions. How many rural schools do you see in the state championships? Not very many. I realize that it is a geographical factor but these kids deserve the exposure that the private schools get. alot of kids slip through the crack and never get a shot at college football while plenty of private school kids that may not be as good but are in the right place with the right connection have that advantage. They should put private schools together and give the rural schools a chance. I'm talking year in and year out.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way anyone can justify a # 2 going on the road. There is not another # 2 in the entire state in any class going on the road in the 1st round. HC has earned the right to play at home. I also think that CPA got the shaft as well. DF I'm for you to replace king Ron................................. I can't believe that I just said all that.

Goodpasture #2 is on the road also. I don't hear them crying about it either.

Seems to me Hickman fans need to stop whining and begin getting ready for basketball season. This is the last year you will taste the playoffs for some time. You had a 2 year run with 4A numbers and you made one quarterfinals trip and will have an early 1st round exit. If your coaches would implement a system that complimented your players instead of being one of the most predictable offenses in the state then you may have a chance. CPA will show you guys what good coaching can do. CPA doesn't have the best athletes in the state, but they put their players in the best situation to succeed. Something Hickman has not done this season compared to last season.

CPA by 17.

Seems to me Hickman fans need to stop whining and begin getting ready for basketball season. This is the last year you will taste the playoffs for some time. You had a 2 year run with 4A numbers and you made one quarterfinals trip and will have an early 1st round exit. If your coaches would implement a system that complimented your players instead of being one of the most predictable offenses in the state then you may have a chance. CPA will show you guys what good coaching can do. CPA doesn't have the best athletes in the state, but they put their players in the best situation to succeed. Something Hickman has not done this season compared to last season.

CPA by 17.

I get so sick of hearing about the 4a numbers and we will make the playoffs again next year then it gets a little dicey

What do you know about Hickman County Football you are in Erin of all places do you guys even have a football team

Maybe if you did you would get off our tread and have something about your own team to talk about. GET OUT OF HERE.

I get so sick of hearing about the 4a numbers and we will make the playoffs again next year then it gets a little dicey

What do you know about Hickman County Football you are in Erin of all places do you guys even have a football team

Maybe if you did you would get off our tread and have something about your own team to talk about. GET OUT OF HERE.

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Where is dawgballfan and bigdawgstatus? Surely you're not going to let these guys down on your boys this bad!!

Thanks for the shout out! One half of the Dynamic Duo is present and accounted for. Look for DBF to make his entrance soon.

Where do I start? You all have covered a lot of ground. How about the seeding? I seem to recall there being some complaining last season coming from the CPA folks because they had to play someone from their own region in the 1st round. Ah, what a shame! Well apparently somebody listened and the private schools' opinions carry some weight with the TSSAA. Because this year we get the shaft so that GP and CPA don't have to play each other again - that would be such a travesty! And who are the whiners?!?

About the game itself...we have a lot of seniors on their way out. Honestly, this game will be mostly about how badly they want to continue to play high school football. I believe we have the talent, coaching and opportunity to win this game. CPA is a good football team and if we bring anything less than our "A" game - it will be a long night. Looking forward to a good, healthy and well played game!

Late night at church praying for the Dawgs... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Or They might just see the writing on the wall. It's coming.

We were both at church on Sunday night. As for the writing on the wall, you might want to look at your own wall. You are lucky to have made the playoffs!

I think the Bulldogs make a name for themselves Friday. Stop bashing the play calling, you don't score that much during the regular season and complain about the offense. Defense will have to stop a well coached offensive line. I think the Defensive coaches for Hickman County will have them ready for anything the CPA offense can throw at them.

Sowell will play this friday. Grimes will be back to his old self on defense and Key will be the winning factor.

Hope you guys do great in this game, I want to see Hickman County back at the Panther Den in a couple of weeks.

Good luck to both teams.

Thanks for the love! Good luck to LC this week!