Who's winnning 5-A state?

ProudRaider2

I'm a Smyrna supporter and I feel that Smyrna will be a long shot to win another 5A title. Am I hoping and do I think it is possible? Yes! But it would be really tough.

But I did not see a team that is ready to make a run at a State Championship when they played Smyrna on Friday.

The young Smyrna team beat Wilson Central with very little resistance and I feel WC is not a player in this race.

Smyrna may not be either but I can see a Smyrna predication before the WC one.

If Wilson Central wins against Lincoln County and IF Smyrna wins against Franklin County Smyrna and Wilson Central will play again.

I say it happens and Wilson Central knocks them out.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Wilson Central wins against Lincoln County and IF Smyrna wins against Franklin County Smyrna and Wilson Central will play again.

I say it happens and Wilson Central knocks them out.

Maybe, but I don't think so. I saw very little on the WC squad which Smyrna could not handle.

The one and only TD WC scored was on a 4th and 7 play. It was a WR screen to the shot side that broke for a TD in the 1st quarter. That was it!!!............Not 1 more point for the powerful WC offence.

Smyrna has no chance. Ooltewah takes 5A.

NO Chance? That's strong.

I??™m not buying it but it's strong.

It will be hard to do.........but no chance?

I may say to you, Ooltewah has no chance because it will be a Middle-Tennessee school to take the title but I won't because it is the playoffs and you don't know what will happen.

Franklin is really good...........Brentwood is a player in this.............Oakland could be very hard to beat.........and it's hard to say the defending champs have no chance.

This should be interesting and I look forward to it getting started.

I would like to see Ooltewah take it this year. It would be their first in football and it would keep their state title run going. They won in softball and track last year. Maybe they could take football and baseball this year. I will say this... if Ooltewah plays in the title game, there will be a large crowd on their side as Ooltewah always travels well with their team.