DI

MWR

i say chance because of the following...you never know

**how a young kid will respond at the state tourney

**injuries

**sickness

**team drama...which every team has from time to time

but with 12 going to the states...and a year ahead of where we were last year...i feel good about our chances...but i'm getting older and learning not to count the chickens before they hatch... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

and bring that carpet cleaning stuff with ya...i'll bring the check book if needed /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Sounds like you guys are doing good stuff up there....we need to find a way to get you on the schedule. Keep it up!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i say chance because of the following...you never know

**how a young kid will respond at the state tourney

**injuries

**sickness

**team drama...which every team has from time to time

but with 12 going to the states...and a year ahead of where we were last year...i feel good about our chances...but i'm getting older and learning not to count the chickens before they hatch... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

and bring that carpet cleaning stuff with ya...i'll bring the check book if needed /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

No need. I will bring it soon.

Top A/AA teams

1. Hixson (returns alot. they will be tough to beat)

2. East Literature (returns 10 possibly 12 starters from team that finished 3rd the past two years)

3. Greenback (solid program, everybody love the "Nation", but lost to East Lit. twice last year)

4. Seymour (good team, but not strong enough to win state)

5. Harpeth (returns alot wrestlers, could be a sleeper)

6. Notre Dame (good team, but not enough to make back to the finals)

7. Lipscomb (young, will make it to state but not contend)

My top notch crack research team has just returned from the depths of the dumpsters and have come to the conclusion that ............ Bradley will be good this year. You heard it here first, that TBSFMAW WILL win the State Championships in the Traditional and Duals by a ton.

However, in the mythical match between the TBSFBAG and TBSFMAW, I think they would be a 18 point + under dog this year, don't you agree Bayou bear?

And I thought you had beaten that crack addiction.

--The mind is a terrible thing to waste--

Top A/AA teams

1. Hixson (returns alot. they will be tough to beat)

2. East Literature (returns 10 possibly 12 starters from team that finished 3rd the past two years)

3. Greenback (solid program, everybody love the "Nation", but lost to East Lit. twice last year)

4. Seymour (good team, but not strong enough to win state)

5. Harpeth (returns alot wrestlers, could be a sleeper)

6. Notre Dame (good team, but not enough to make back to the finals)

7. Lipscomb (young, will make it to state but not contend)

6thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

Thanks Buc, but I think you might have ranked us a little high. With the departure of our leader Pat Flynn and 5 others, the lowly irish will be pushed to even qualify for state to defend our BACK to BACK to BACK titles.

Boy I must look like a big ol dummy for picking us to finish 2nd in the individual State, when we won't even be in the top 5 in A/AA.

But more importantly,you have told the coachT elite that the purple team from Nashville would finish at best 7th. Change your screen name, for Hockey, MWR and Susie Wesley will hunt you down for predicting that the purple team

will be ranked lower than Harpeth.

6th????????????? Harry you still got that thick wallet ? Looks as if we have found our first victim of the year.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Thanks Buc, but I think you might have ranked us a little high. With the departure of our leader Pat Flynn and 5 others, the lowly irish will be pushed to even qualify for state to defend our BACK to BACK to BACK titles.

Boy I must look like a big ol dummy for picking us to finish 2nd in the individual State, when we won't even be in the top 5 in A/AA.

But more importantly,you have told the coachT elite that the purple team from Nashville would finish at best 7th. Change your screen name, for Hockey, MWR and Susie Wesley will hunt you down for predicting that the purple team

6th????????????? Harry you still got that thick wallet ? Looks as if we have found our first victim of the year.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Well it looks like the Nashville IRISH have you beat with having lost 7 starters, 3 of whom were state champs, but they'll still give you Catholics from Chatt-town all you can handle. I'll give your irish a little more credit than Buc and say 3rd behind Hixson and East Lit.

FYI, Harpeth lost to ND in the first round of the A/AA duals last year 39-27 (forfeiting two weight classes). Take away those forfeits and the variables change quickly. Additionally, an injury to Harpeth's 160 (Apparent Head Butt) in the first round put him out for the rest of the tournament. East Lit defeated Harpeth 40-33 in the semis because Harpeth had to then forfeit 3 weight classes (18 pts). Harpeth's 160 had pinned ND's 160 even after the injury, but in the match against Lipscomb it became obvious that he had suffered a concussion in the ND match and the trainer would not let him continue. The 160 had previously pinned East Lit's 160 in previous matches... the assumption is that had the injury not happened, Harpeth would have had, at the very least, advanced to the consolation finals.

I know there are a lot of what ifs here, but with all but two (2) wrestlers returning, plus the fact that Harpeth's heavyweight is back on the mat this season after an ACL injury last year, I truly think Harpeth could very well make another appearance this year at the A/AA duals. They have a talented group of wrestlers. The team had a great showing this weekend at the Creek Wood tournament pre-season opener with eight (8) of their guys winning their pools.

Region 9 has some great talent, Harpeth is still a little young but they should be a team to watch this year... the rest is up to the boys.

Yeah Bearcat, I think I could hold MWR back from buc, but I might have to call some help with Mrs. Wesley. Wes might be a state champ, but we all know who runs that family. I think I've got an idea, before the match against that other Catholic team in Chattanooga this January, we will have to do a little backyard brawl. Mrs. Wesley vs. the best that other Catholic team can muster (surly thats not you right now BCB....I mean maybe back in the day you could have a remote chance against this formidable oppnent, but right now, I don;t think so).

Anyway back to wrestling, as I do recall Father Ryan pretty much had their way last year with East Litt (props to them though for turning their program around and for putting in the hard work, I saw a lot of their wrestlers in the past couple of offseasons working their butts off and I think it is going to payoff) they just weren't ready to face a team like Father Ryan.

Saying this though, I predict that not only will that other Catholic team lose to Father Ryan (maybe 2 Wesleys can get pins down in Chatt-town), the AA title will be coming back to middle TN with East Literature.