Jackson County football

jacksoncounty

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sean Loftis , from what i hear is the front runner. He was the offensive cord. last year. He was the quarterback of the last team from JC to make the playoffs in 1996. Another possible in house candidate could be Brandon "Bubba" Chaffin, the def cord from last year. Havent heard of any outside people interested.

Sean Loftis , from what i hear is the front runner. He was the offensive cord. last year. He was the quarterback of the last team from JC to make the playoffs in 1996. Another possible in house candidate could be Brandon "Bubba" Chaffin, the def cord from last year. Havent heard of any outside people interested.

From what I hear, both would be great choices for the Jackson County program. Loftis, being the QB of the last team to make the playoffs, must be a town favorite, and Chaffin, begin another former player, must make the choice difficult for whoever is in charge of making this hire. I have followed all the teams in the area for many years and I think this is one program that could rise up and make some noise if the right pieces were in place. It'll be tough but the right hire will push the Devils over the hump. Good luck from the other Blue and White!

From what I hear, both would be great choices for the Jackson County program. Loftis, being the QB of the last team to make the playoffs, must be a town favorite, and Chaffin, begin another former player, must make the choice difficult for whoever is in charge of making this hire. I have followed all the teams in the area for many years and I think this is one program that could rise up and make some noise if the right pieces were in place. It'll be tough but the right hire will push the Devils over the hump. Good luck from the other Blue and White!

Will Mattan or Mark Howser apply? If so, would either have a shot?

I think the ones in power need to give one of these young men the chance to be a head coach. I don't really know Brandon, but I know Sean and I think he would make a good head coach. He played at JC and now coaches there. I think he would put is heart and soul into that program. All the kids know him and respect him so it should be an easy transition for him and the kids and coaches. I wonder if Coach Houser will stay on. I guess it all depends who gets the job. I know one thing if I was a head coach of a program, I would try my hardest to keep Mark around. He is without a doubt one of the best coaches I have ever been around. He is just like a head coach with all his knowledge of the game. And the kids love him. He makes the game fun. Good luck Jackson Co.

He played at JC and now coaches there. I think he would put is heart and soul into that program. All the kids know him and respect him so it should be an easy transition for him and the kids and coaches.

Loftis and Chaffin both fit this description perfectly. I think the program needs a homegrown coach that plans on making this job his first and last. I think the administration is making a mistake if both of these young men aren't given a shot over any outsider.

Loftis and Chaffin both fit this description perfectly. I think the program needs a homegrown coach that plans on making this job his first and last. I think the administration is making a mistake if both of these young men aren't given a shot over any outsider.

Agreed!! Both of these guys are local and I think will do a good job. Get them some help, and support the program and they will be fine.

Coach Shoe

Whoever gets this job, needs to do some recruiting in those hallways!!! I know there is alot of students that doesn't play ball that should!!! This program could turn around if the students want it too!!! This will not just be a coaching thing, but will have to be a school and community thing!!! Good Luck Jackson County in your NEW SUPER REGION!!! LOL

Whoever gets this job, needs to do some recruiting in those hallways!!! I know there is alot of students that doesn't play ball that should!!! This program could turn around if the students want it too!!! This will not just be a coaching thing, but will have to be a school and community thing!!! Good Luck Jackson County in your NEW SUPER REGION!!! LOL

I'm not sure Coach Brown wants his girls playing on the football team!!

Recipe for Success:

1. I think getting a proven head coach to come to JC would be nearly impossible.

2. Go after a quality assistant coach from a proven program

3. Does not even have to be a cooridantor, a posistion coach would be fine

4. Give whoever it is four years minumum to turn things around

5. Have the arm-chair quarterbacks keep their mouths shut and let the guy do his job

6. Get the community to support football like they do girls basketball (of course a winning program is easier to support)

Don't know names, but here are some possiblities: Runnings backs coach at Trousdale, any assistant from York or Oneida (both teams have been winning and one of the assistants may be ready for the next level), Clay County OC, Cannon county running backs coach, Special teams coach at Scott.

Good list to pick through and who knows one of them might be interested.

• 4 weeks later...

Recipe for Success:

1. I think getting a proven head coach to come to JC would be nearly impossible.

2. Go after a quality assistant coach from a proven program

3. Does not even have to be a cooridantor, a posistion coach would be fine

4. Give whoever it is four years minumum to turn things around

5. Have the arm-chair quarterbacks keep their mouths shut and let the guy do his job

6. Get the community to support football like they do girls basketball (of course a winning program is easier to support)

Don't know names, but here are some possiblities: Runnings backs coach at Trousdale, any assistant from York or Oneida (both teams have been winning and one of the assistants may be ready for the next level), Clay County OC, Cannon county running backs coach, Special teams coach at Scott.

Good list to pick through and who knows one of them might be interested.

Any word on who the new head coach is???