Arron Douglas and UT

B2B2B

Well they recruited their entire defense this year. Their linebackers are 5'8 185 5'6 170 5'6 190. One of their defenseive tackles is 5'10 190, One of their ends is 6'0 200. I'll tell you what though buddy, they need to fire that recruiter cuz the boys over there are just too big and athletic for the rest of Tennessee to compete. It couldn't be work ethic or desire. Because 17 and 18 year old boys just don't possess that kind of commitment do they. Yeah your'e right, Maryville cheats. Some body should say something.

I never said they were cheating, I just said they were recruiting. You were the one who said they were cheating. Everyone recruits, I guess you are just saying that Maryville recruits and cheats. There is an old saying in coaching, If you are not cheating, then you are not trying. I just guess that Maryville just tries harder, just like you said they do.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the article about Aaron Douglas wanting to transfer to another school because Coach Fulmer getting fired. I guess this family talk is all just talk, but Aaron Douglas should be used to just talk because of the way he told the coaches at Webb that he was going to stay at Webb even though his Dad was shopping him around to high schools the whole time. Maryville won the recuriting war because Coach Fulmer told him he would sign him to a scholarship if he went there and did good. I guess the coaches and administration at Webb were very suprised after the Douglas's told them Aaron was transfering to Marville after he had recieved a discounted tuition to Webb for many years because his mother was an assistant girls basketball coach at Webb. That really showed loyality by them. I guess they told the coaches and administration at Webb that Aaron was transfering to Maryville for better academic opportunities and college preperation. That is what all the Maryville people would tell you, that it was for academics and not just football. The Maryville recuriting machine just keeps on rolling and it will just get better in preperation for 6A competition next year. Could anybody tell me who are the recruiting this year and do the have any verbal commitments.

WAH , WAH , WAH.... really , you must be kidding.

Well they recruited their entire defense this year. Their linebackers are 5'8 185 5'6 170 5'6 190. One of their defenseive tackles is 5'10 190, One of their ends is 6'0 200. I'll tell you what though buddy, they need to fire that recruiter cuz the boys over there are just too big and athletic for the rest of Tennessee to compete. It couldn't be work ethic or desire. Because 17 and 18 year old boys just don't possess that kind of commitment do they. Yeah your'e right, Maryville cheats. Some body should say something.

STARS needs to be fired as Maryville's recruiting coordinator.

By the way the starting center is 5'8 185lbs and the LT is 6'2 195lbs.

Gerald Jones and Eric Berry are the only players thats worth a flip. The rest of them can follow Fulmer out the door.

Exactly what I was saying. The new coach can recruit new, better players. Just keep Berry and the "Possum" Gerald Jones.

AD is a top quality football player facing the injury bug. He will recover and land on his feet and have a great career wherever he lands. Most importantly, he is a top qulaity young man that we all should push our sons to emulate.

Go easy on the Aaron Douglas love fest. The guy is a freshman in college. Do the math. That may not be somebody you want your kids to emulate.

Exactly what I was saying. The new coach can recruit new, better players. Just keep Berry and the "Possum" Gerald Jones.

Go easy on the Aaron Douglas love fest. The guy is a freshman in college. Do the math. That may not be somebody you want your kids to emulate.

Leaving Webb the way he did will come back to haunt him. I guess the way he left Webb will be the same way he will leave UT. I guess he will put himself, no his parents will put him out to the best bidder. He did not sign with Philip Fulmer, he signed with UT.

Leaving Webb the way he did will come back to haunt him. I guess the way he left Webb will be the same way he will leave UT. I guess he will put himself, no his parents will put him out to the best bidder. He did not sign with Philip Fulmer, he signed with UT.

Some people base decisions on the coaches they are going to play for...unless you have been put in that position before you can't possibly shed any light on the situation because you have no idea what is going through the young man's head.

Some people base decisions on the coaches they are going to play for...unless you have been put in that position before you can't possibly shed any light on the situation because you have no idea what is going through the young man's head.

You do sign with the school but the Coach is very important in your decision making process. That is a very special relationship if you??™re a good head coach.

The family let Fulmer down.

Douglas wants to leave fine. See, ya! Good Luck to you wherever you go.

The UT players talked about Tennessee being family and I believe coach Fulmer did work to create that family atmosphere. However, it was the family members that let Fulmer and the fans down.

This is rediculous. Especially the part where you say it was the family members...are you implying that those kids don't want to go out and win?? I can promise you each and every volunteer player wants to get out there and try their best and do everything they can to help their team win. Unfortunately their best is not as good as 6 of the teams they have played. Do you honestly think they go out there trying to let the head coach down?? As far as the fans...what do you think its like to an 18 or 19 year old kid out there working his @SS off to hear 100,000 people boo him because he made a mistake?? Was he trying to make that mistake? Doubt it. What do you think that means to the numerous recruits that are there every Saturday? Probably not gonna want to play for a program that the fans boo if you make a bad throw or block or miss a tackle!! MAYBE THE FANS ARE THE PROBLEM...BLAME THEM FOR PERSUADING RECRUITS IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!! BLAME THEM BECAUSE THE PLAYERS ON THE FIELD ARENT THE BEST IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL!! A PERSON WHO PUTS THE BLAME ON THE PLAYERS IS A COWARD. THEY ARE KIDS TRYING THEIR BEST TO DO WHAT THEIR COACHES TELL THEM!!

As far as Douglas, if he was part of a family, his family is torn apart by what has happened. How can you blame the kid for wanting to better his life and create a better chance for himself to succeed.

I am off my soap box now.

This is rediculous. Especially the part where you say it was the family members...are you implying that those kids don't want to go out and win?? I can promise you each and every volunteer player wants to get out there and try their best and do everything they can to help their team win. Unfortunately their best is not as good as 6 of the teams they have played. Do you honestly think they go out there trying to let the head coach down?? As far as the fans...what do you think its like to an 18 or 19 year old kid out there working his @SS off to hear 100,000 people boo him because he made a mistake?? Was he trying to make that mistake? Doubt it. What do you think that means to the numerous recruits that are there every Saturday? Probably not gonna want to play for a program that the fans boo if you make a bad throw or block or miss a tackle!! MAYBE THE FANS ARE THE PROBLEM...BLAME THEM FOR PERSUADING RECRUITS IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!! BLAME THEM BECAUSE THE PLAYERS ON THE FIELD ARENT THE BEST IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL!! A PERSON WHO PUTS THE BLAME ON THE PLAYERS IS A COWARD. THEY ARE KIDS TRYING THEIR BEST TO DO WHAT THEIR COACHES TELL THEM!!

As far as Douglas, if he was part of a family, his family is torn apart by what has happened. How can you blame the kid for wanting to better his life and create a better chance for himself to succeed.

I am off my soap box now.

CoverZero, you are COMPLETELY out of your mind to blame this mess on the fans. Recruits don't look at that as a determining factor for where they choose to go to school! All programs have their ups and downs and fans booing a bad play is just their way of expressing displeasure much in the same way that players show their frustrations on the field. As far as the situation with Douglas, there is no way of telling where he may be fitting into the new offensive coordinator's scheme, his satisfaction/dissatisfaction with the team/school, his own personal goals and aspirations, his relationship with Coach Fulmer, etc. I wouldn't take to much stock in this story right now. It is very preliminary and alot of things well be cleared up in the coming weeks and months as far as personel and their decisions.