William Blount Football

tpoole12

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor in Knoxville is that he will fire the coach that took over for this year. He has stated there will be 3 new assistants hired for next year.

I know where he can find a good OL coach. Prolly wouldnt have to pay him much money as he will earn in excess of $100,000 a month for the next 4 years. Dont know how anyone can live on such a small salarie.

Rumor in Knoxville is that he will fire the coach that took over for this year. He has stated there will be 3 new assistants hired for next year.

I know where he can find a good OL coach. Prolly wouldnt have to pay him much money as he will earn in excess of $100,000 a month for the next 4 years. Dont know how anyone can live on such a small salarie.

Hold on now. Were looking for a new head coach across town. I think Chip Fuller has already contacted Phil about the opening? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That's great news for the boys at WB. I heard some strange rumours when I was at the Heritage game. Hope to see you back in the playoffs next year and maybe we will meet then.

Go Owls

I am glad to see Coach Meadows is coming back. He has had some very tough personal situations that we are all lucky that we have not had to face. I respect Scott and he has a great family. I think it's great that he was able to take this year off and put his family first. For the most part Blount Co, Alcoa, and Maryville are blessed with football coaches at our schools that are not only good coaches but excellent men at the Middle Schools and High Schools. Good luck to WB as they regroup after a difficult year that was plagued by the loss of a huge number of talented starters from the 2007 team and then injuries that devestated this years players/team.

I watched the WB versus Heritage game. WB was not as bad as their record this year. They had a challenging schedule and injuries that created the record that they ended up with but they have some talent. Scott will coach them up and make them very competitive again.

As for Heritage they remain p-i-t-i-f-u-l. I do not envy the new coach at that school. It would take a great coach several years to build that program and IMO they will remain limited. Just not a good situation out there for football success. Again........JMO

Why are they being fired?

I watched the WB versus Heritage game. WB was not as bad as their record this year. They had a challenging schedule and injuries that created the record that they ended up with but they have some talent. Scott will coach them up and make them very competitive again.

As for Heritage they remain p-i-t-i-f-u-l. I do not envy the new coach at that school. It would take a great coach several years to build that program and IMO they will remain limited. Just not a good situation out there for football success. Again........JMO

I'm not real sure I agree with you totally on this comment. Yes we had a bad year and yes we are having a hard time, but pitiful is a little harsh. We had our share of injuries through out the year also. There is talent on this team, it just needs to be put back together. I do agree, it will take time but with the right people in place, it can happen. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm not real sure I agree with you totally on this comment. Yes we had a bad year and yes we are having a hard time, but pitiful is a little harsh. We had our share of injuries through out the year also. There is talent on this team, it just needs to be put back together. I do agree, it will take time but with the right people in place, it can happen. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

" p-i-t-i-f-u-l"

That could also be said about most of the competition our Maryville Rebels have faced the last 5 years. But we are 24th in the nation, so who am i to complain.

" p-i-t-i-f-u-l"

That could also be said about most of the competition our Maryville Rebels have faced the last 5 years. But we are 24th in the nation, so who am i to complain.

Speaking of p-i-t-i-f-u-l...who is OR playing this week?

Where have you been bldwhinner (aka Maryville wannabe)?

I have been with Mr Brown checking out the 2008 trophy. I think Oak Ridge is playing the YMCA, which is stiffer competition than our Rebs have played.

Good to have you back! Did Mr. Brown borrow coach Stephens knife to engrave "Maryville" on the trophy? By the way....Maryville has found another cupcake school to play next year....It may be the easiest of all time!!!! I think they are called Oke Ridge