William Blount Football

tpoole12

Actually,

GovMan gave us a sppech not long ago about being "guilty" on our thread, However, Tpoole is always welcome to post.

Why thankyou bladerunner....

In everyones defense..... All of "us" who have been watching the "other" teams play the last couple of weeks are a little on edge. I know I am suffering from F.N.F.T.S.A.... ( Friday Night Favorite Team Separation Anxiety ). I miss watching the kids play and I know others are in the same boat. For the avid high school football fan it's as though a part of life has been taken away. I know there's baketball but its just not the same.There's some pleasure in watching the playoff develope, but it's still not our teams. Every year, every senior will at some point play his last high school football game. It's sad....... We armchair QB's beat our keyboards, sometimes complaining about coaches, play selection, officials and sometimes we praise these same people for the jobs they do. In the end, let us not forget the players. The young men that took the field of battle for their teams. Gave their best and are now, or will soon, face the reality that their high school career is over.No matter how the last season turned out. When you see these young men. Take the time to look them in the eye, shake their hand and say thankyou.....

tpoole12

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why thankyou bladerunner....

In everyones defense..... All of "us" who have been watching the "other" teams play the last couple of weeks are a little on edge. I know I am suffering from F.N.F.T.S.A.... ( Friday Night Favorite Team Separation Anxiety ). I miss watching the kids play and I know others are in the same boat. For the avid high school football fan it's as though a part of life has been taken away. I know there's baketball but its just not the same.There's some pleasure in watching the playoff develope, but it's still not our teams. Every year, every senior will at some point play his last high school football game. It's sad....... We armchair QB's beat our keyboards, sometimes complaining about coaches, play selection, officials and sometimes we praise these same people for the jobs they do. In the end, let us not forget the players. The young men that took the field of battle for their teams. Gave their best and are now, or will soon, face the reality that their high school career is over.No matter how the last season turned out. When you see these young men. Take the time to look them in the eye, shake their hand and say thankyou.....

tpoole12

Very well said!!! It is easy for us to get lost as spectator of this great game, but don't forget all the emotions that go along with playing it. I saw several Maryville senior players with tears in their eyes last night after the game when they realized they had played for the last time on Renfro Field.

Very well said!!! It is easy for us to get lost as spectator of this great game, but don't forget all the emotions that go along with playing it. I saw several Maryville senior players with tears in their eyes last night after the game when they realized they had played for the last time on Renfro Field.

Thanks MHS82

Hope that group can stay the coarse... Good Luck

tpoole12

I think I'm the only one on this thread... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Has anyone heard or seen the new schedule for 2009?

tpoole12

Just ask one of the players. I have seen them around. We start with Sevier County at home. We end with maryville and farragut.

They are also out around the campus.

Lot of new faces on the schedule for next season...I'm especially looking foward to the Catholic game.

I think I'm the only one on this thread... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

You're not alone /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

TPoole12

WB's schedule for 2009

Week 0 at Sevier County

Week 1 KARNS

Week 2 BEARDEN

Week 3 JEFFERSON COUNTY

Week 4 at Catholic

Week 5 at Heritage

Week 6 WEST

Week 7 Open

Week 8 LENOIR CITY

Week 9 at Maryville

Week 10 at Farragut

Which ones are district/region or whatever they are calling it now? I noticed the MHS game is away for the GOVS for the second straight year. Are there any more peculiarities on the schedule like playing a team home or away two years in a row?

WB's schedule for 2009

Week 0 at Sevier County

Week 1 Karns

Week 2 Bearden (D)

Week 3 Jefferson County

Week 4 at Catholic (D)

Week 5 at Heritage (D)

Week 6 West (D)

Week 7 Open

Week 8 Lenoir City (D)

Week 9 at Maryville (D)

Week 10 at Farragut (D)

Which ones are district/region or whatever they are calling it now? I noticed the MHS game is away for the GOVS for the second straight year. Are there any more peculiarities on the schedule like playing a team home or away two years in a row?

The District 4 contests are now bold type and designated with a "(D)". Maryville and Farragut are both away games for the 2nd straight year.

TPoole12

WB's schedule for 2009

Week 0 at Sevier County

Week 1 KARNS

Week 2 BEARDEN

Week 3 JEFFERSON COUNTY

Week 4 at Catholic

Week 5 at Heritage

Week 6 WEST

Week 7 Open

Week 8 LENOIR CITY

Week 9 at Maryville

Week 10 at Farragut

Why thank you TVGov

I have a son that one would think would keep me up to date but..... well... you know..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This should be an interesting year...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS