District 14A...the best in the state?

volfan007

Do you know the final of Gleason vs. Humboldt?

Yes..Do you need the score?If you know the score as well as I do..then I just said by looking at the scores ..that Humboldt looks to be the team to beat...But then ..the Dyersburg score comes to mind also..and Greenfield only lost to Dyersburg by 3 points and Lake Co beat Dyersburg in the jamboree in a half without the football players and Russell Avery didn't start and play much..So..as impressive as Humboldt is..that doesn't mean the State Championship is theirs..Last time I looked..I've been to 5 Lake Co games and they've won them all..!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes..Do you need the score?If you know the score as well as I do..then I just said by looking at the scores ..that Humboldt looks to be the team to beat...But then ..the Dyersburg score comes to mind also..and Greenfield only lost to Dyersburg by 3 points and Lake Co beat Dyersburg in the jamboree in a half without the football players and Russell Avery didn't start and play much..So..as impressive as Humboldt is..that doesn't mean the State Championship is theirs..Last time I looked..I've been to 5 Lake Co games and they've won them all..!

yea what was last nights final?

Humboldt is the team to beat right now...hands down...quit bringing up the dyersburg game...Humboldt and Lake Co. meet up Dec. 16 @ Humboldt...we'll see what happens then

Humboldt is the team to beat right now...hands down...quit bringing up the dyersburg game...Humboldt and Lake Co. meet up Dec. 16 @ Humboldt...we'll see what happens then

We will see...Lake Co played a team tonight that was pretty close to the size of Humboldt...Not quite as big but as close as we'll see in Single A..And handled it pretty well..Lake Co will give Humboldt some problems as well with their quickness...Both have a great chance to go into the game at Humboldt unbeaten...Not saying either will..just a good chance...Like I admitted..Humboldt seems to be the favorite but I don't think the state Championship is theirs yet...And no matter what happens at Humboldt or even the next time both teams play..Even in the district..As long as Lake Co makes the region championship and wins when it counts will be fine with me...!

You want everyone to think Humboldt is unbeatable and forget the Dyersburg score and I've admitted that Humboldt seems to be the team to beat but at the same time..Dyersburg wasn't a blowout and Humboldt struggled with Middleton as well..A Middleton team that lost by about 6 points to Lexington...Lexington was beaten by Dyer Co by about 30 points and I believe beat Scotts Hill and maybe Camden by 3 points..So..I believe that there will be some games that the mighty Vikings will struggle and there's hope for the rest of the Dist. 14A teams.!

We will see...Lake Co played a team tonight that was pretty close to the size of Humboldt...Not quite as big but as close as we'll see in Single A..And handled it pretty well..Lake Co will give Humboldt some problems as well with their quickness...Both have a great chance to go into the game at Humboldt unbeaten...Not saying either will..just a good chance...Like I admitted..Humboldt seems to be the favorite but I don't think the state Championship is theirs yet...And no matter what happens at Humboldt or even the next time both teams play..Even in the district..As long as Lake Co makes the region championship and wins when it counts will be fine with me...!

You want everyone to think Humboldt is unbeatable and forget the Dyersburg score and I've admitted that Humboldt seems to be the team to beat but at the same time..Dyersburg wasn't a blowout and Humboldt struggled with Middleton as well..A Middleton team that lost by about 6 points to Lexington...Lexington was beaten by Dyer Co by about 30 points and I believe beat Scotts Hill and maybe Camden by 3 points..So..I believe that there will be some games that the mighty Vikings will struggle and there's hope for the rest of the Dist. 14A teams.!

Yes it will be a game with lake co. a struggle i dont think so. lc is a good team and we are to. you must be a humboldt hater to. we dont care about dyersburg it was a warm up to get our blood pumping. as far as hope, hope is for christmas list

Yes it will be a game with lake co. a struggle i dont think so. lc is a good team and we are to. you must be a humboldt hater to. we dont care about dyersburg it was a warm up to get our blood pumping. as far as hope, hope is for christmas list

I'm not a Humboldt hater..If I see a talented team..usually I'll say so..I said before hte season that I thought Lake co girls would win the district when most were saying Bradford..Well..Lake Co did beat Bradford and got beat at Gleason and after seeing some of the other teams in person..backed off that statement..I believe it could be any team from about 8 teams..I said I thought Humboldt was the favorite but just not ready to give them the State championship..!

I love all the new Humboldt people that where so pessimistic after the Dyersburg game now so optimistic after the UC game! The season is young injuries are and fatigue are not yet present. Let's see what happens when the players and coaches of all the top 14A teams face some adversity. It's not time to give anybody the gold ball yet. The only real time to give a team the gold ball is after the buzzer sounds at the last game in the Murphy Center and the team that is ahead on the score board. Allot of basketball yet to be played.

I love all the new Humboldt people that where so pessimistic after the Dyersburg game now so optimistic after the UC game! The season is young injuries are and fatigue are not yet present. Let's see what happens when the players and coaches of all the top 14A teams face some adversity. It's not time to give anybody the gold ball yet. The only real time to give a team the gold ball is after the buzzer sounds at the last game in the Murphy Center and the team that is ahead on the score board. Allot of basketball yet to be played.

I wouldn't say I was pessimistic after the Dyersburg game. I said at the beginning of the season that Humboldt was going to be one of the teams to beat this year, and now it helps out that we have played games. Yes, there is still a lot of basketball to be played, and I am not writing us into the State Championship. I have seen the better team get beat in the Region Semis and not be able to make it to Sub-State. All I'm saying is that Humboldt is the team to beat right now (other than Manassas).