Best player in 14a?

Humboldt58

hmmmm. Seen humboldt over the weekend and they looked very bad. Lost to Liberty by 20 but the lead before the subs came in was 30 by liberty. And Boliver was up by 15 without chris Reaves. So i think that the heights or over rated if u ask me. Charles is more of a 6'5 and if he can get it to front court( big if by what i seen saturday) he has a hard time even getting it to the rim. Rashad wade didn't impress me any. Tevin Crayton is 6'3 but had the best showing of any of the humboldt players. Darren Dunbar 6'2 didnt know what to do with the ball. Jarvis Porter had a so so two games. The player that impressed me was a short guard off the bench that had a nice stroke. That was one of the only highlights i've seen. I bet that charles taylor had more turnovers than points. /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> That isn't good for a player that need to be the focal point of your offence. I don't know what to expected out of humblodt this year. I think that ej will be missed more than humboldt thinks.

No, I promise you Darren Dunbar is 6 foot 4 inches. Yea, Charles might be 6'5 i think but im just goin by the measurements but Tevin Crayton is no shorter and Youre talking about Wade, he's got a great stroke and is extremely deadly behind the line!Don't worry thought we will be better than last ever trust me.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tevin (crayton) is the same height as charles, he might be an inch shorter but not 2...and i always though charles was 6'5, but haven't seen him any since last season so wasn't sure if he grew any more or not...height really doesn't matter in high school basketball though, especially in west tennessee because all we really do is press and use our speed to score (obviously with UC the past years)...i still think charles is immature as a player, but will grow into that player to lead the way...the guard you are probably thinking of is joseph...not sure what his last name is but i played with him at our church a few times and he has good speed to go along with dribbling and a good shot

His last name is Gordon i'd like coach b to have him run the point instead of woosha bc i dont think he can handle the ball well enough to break a fc press.

And to the guy who say humboldt was killed by Bolivar uhhh that's totally false!

For one they didnt even keep SCORE!!!! Yeah i think in my mind we lost but it wasnt by freakin 30 points come on now give us a little respect!

Liberty was never up by 30 and Bolivar wasn't up by 15. Humboldt led almost the entire Bolivar game. If you are going to report on something, report facts! I think you have some players confused!

I'm sorry if the regulars were in for the liberty game it would have been 30. It was all the way up to 24. And Bolivar was up by 15 at one time in the game. And no humboldt was losing most of the game against bolivar. Humboldt didnt have a answer for jay murry and number 2. And that is without chris reaves. And yes he would have been an upgrade over some of the other out there. So if he would have been there, it might have been a big blow out. That is the facts son. Humboldt needs to learn how to handle the press before union city and lake county. Because this summer humboldt got drilled by a team from the st. louis area that pressed the whole game. They didnt have a guy over 6'2 and still ran humboldt out of murry st. gym. If you don't believe me ask chipper jones 4 mvp he was there to see that beat down.

I'm sorry if the regulars were in for the liberty game it would have been 30. It was all the way up to 24. And Bolivar was up by 15 at one time in the game. And no humboldt was losing most of the game against bolivar. Humboldt didnt have a answer for jay murry and number 2. And that is without chris reaves. And yes he would have been an upgrade over some of the other out there. So if he would have been there, it might have been a big blow out. That is the facts son. Humboldt needs to learn how to handle the press before union city and lake county. Because this summer humboldt got drilled by a team from the st. louis area that pressed the whole game. They didnt have a guy over 6'2 and still ran humboldt out of murry st. gym. If you don't believe me ask chipper jones 4 mvp he was there to see that beat down.

Taylor from Humboldt has a huge amount of potential. Good shot, height, natural instincts, can hadnle the ball well (just not well enough to try and run the PG spot). I think he may be the district MVP if he would be more aggresive. Avery (and I may be wrong as i have only seen him twice... once in a scrimmage against my team at the time) is not as complete a package as Taylor but does seem to be more aggressive and I'm sure he has really improved now that Geanes is gone and he is the main attraction of the team. As for Crayton, he seemed a bit lacking of some skills last year so unless what some have said about him getting A LOT better (skill wise) i dont think he'll me MVP... good high school player definately and will play somewhere at teh next level.

Humboldt has seemed to fold most always under pressure of equally athletic or superior teams. (not talking trash for all the Humboldt people) I think they may need more focus and discipline... little more structure. They will definately be on of the tops in Single A and hope they can get it figured out so they can beat Manassas when the time comes. Its about time they go ahead and win a Gold ball b/f Coach Boykins calls it quits!

Toylon was more of a PG that penetrated to the basket and through up little float shots. I think the best 3 pt. shooter that I've seen shoot from Humboldt and had some range as well was Joe Shivers! I don't know if Joe went on to play college ball or not, but I know he was VERY good and capable of college ball!

Taylor is good and all, but he's not a guy you want trying to break the press. Surely, Humboldt has a quicker guard that can break the press and bring it up and set up an offense.

I 100000% agree... Shivers was the best I've seen there in the last 5 years! To be honest he was teh best COMPLETE player they've had the last five or six years. Shooting, dribbling, speed, agressiveness, atleticism! Toylon was a really good guard that knew how to play. Really nice young man also. Came to open gym at GC a lot on Sundays and played. Humboldt has a guy who would come to the open gym on sundays that was a pretty good guard, abt 5"9, quick, not a great shooter but could hit shots... he's probably their best bet at PG if he is still playing. Any Humboldt people know who i'm refering to?

I 100000% agree... Shivers was the best I've seen there in the last 5 years! To be honest he was teh best COMPLETE player they've had the last five or six years. Shooting, dribbling, speed, agressiveness, atleticism! Toylon was a really good guard that knew how to play. Really nice young man also. Came to open gym at GC a lot on Sundays and played. Humboldt has a guy who would come to the open gym on sundays that was a pretty good guard, abt 5"9, quick, not a great shooter but could hit shots... he's probably their best bet at PG if he is still playing. Any Humboldt people know who i'm refering to?

Man tell me about it?? Rember when Shivers SHATTERED GIBSON CO.'S BACKBOARD!!!! THAT WAS INSANE!!!!

Uhh idk maybe Quan Campbell or Joe Gordon or Rashad Wade its prolly either one of them.

Man tell me about it?? Rember when Shivers SHATTERED GIBSON CO.'S BACKBOARD!!!! THAT WAS INSANE!!!!

Uhh idk maybe Quan Campbell or Joe Gordon or Rashad Wade its prolly either one of them.

lol... i actually wasnt even there. my asst. and I had gone to Westview for their tourney so i could get an early scouting report on Westview and one of my players sent me a picture txt showing the broken backboard! We had another brokent that year during a sunday open gym!!!! Guess with all those district and regional tournaments over the years those poor backboards had just had too much. LOL...

I konow Rashad Wade, and although i've never seen him play I know Quan Campbell. I think that the kid is in fact Joe Gordon. Sounds familiar and i dont know where else I'd have picked that up. He's a senior this year right?

lol... i actually wasnt even there. my asst. and I had gone to Westview for their tourney so i could get an early scouting report on Westview and one of my players sent me a picture txt showing the broken backboard! We had another brokent that year during a sunday open gym!!!! Guess with all those district and regional tournaments over the years those poor backboards had just had too much. LOL...

I konow Rashad Wade, and although i've never seen him play I know Quan Campbell. I think that the kid is in fact Joe Gordon. Sounds familiar and i dont know where else I'd have picked that up. He's a senior this year right?

You're probably talking about Joseph Gordon although he's nowhere near 5'9 (more like 5'6 maybe 5'7)...He is awfully quick and can handle the ball extremely well...Scores the ball exceptionally well too...Humboldt has loads of talent on this year's team and quite frankly, I have no idea who's going to start anymore...6'6 Charles Taylor, 6'5 Tevin Crayton, 6'4 Darren Dunbar, 5'11 Rashad Wade, 5'6 Joseph Gordon, 6'4 Deandre Perry, 6'2 Jarvis Porter, 5'9 Quan Campbell, 5'11 Quenton Jennings, 6'1 Rodney Nance, and 5'11 Richard Ashby all would start on most teams in the state at the 1A level... I just wish Humboldt would have been this deep last year...They would have matched up a whole lot better with UC..

I remember when Joe shattered the backboard like it was yesterday, lol... Me and a guy from Humboldt were talking about it a week or so ago at work. Also, after the backboard had been replaced and play had resumed Joe got on another fast break and cocked it back behind his head when he went up and just laid it in, lol. Talking about another adrenaline rush coming on for everyone until he just laid it in, lol. Joe was really fun to watch play! I also think GC beat Humboldt in Joe's Senior year @ Humboldt! If anyone else saw my post on one of these boards about GC beating Humboldt atleast 1 time a year! It happens, believe it or not lol!!!!

Ah ya, the Humboldt guy I talked to said this might be Boykins last year at Humboldt.... however, I hear that every year about this time about Boykins.... I'm not trying to start no mess, just stating what I heard from a pretty diehard Humboldt fan.

Sad thing about Shivers is that basketball was his worst sport...He would have been a great high school quarterback or receiver...As far as baseball is concerned, he was throwing low 90's as a 15 year old in the Humboldt Babe Ruth League (13-15 yr olds) He was also a great hitter...Best all around athlete Humboldt has had in a long time but Quan Campbell might be in that same conversation in a couple of years..