Morristown East vs Sullivan South

EASTFAN

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just cannot wait until Friday, Just too see how good Sullivan South really is. I

just fell that if East's plays their game, We will win. We know how good South is,

we have played them the last 2 years. Both teams have alot of weapons, it will

come down too turnovers & big plays.

The weather could hurt both teams. If it rains, this could hurt South passing game

more than East's. With this game being played on natural grass, the whole field could

become mud. GO CANES!

Note: Canes fans, it's ok to think your team will win. We have to believe that we can win.

When we played Greeneville, no-one on this message board from East's felt we would win.

That goes for me too. I knew if we kepted turning over the football, we would lose. I am

not going too use turnover as a reasons we could lose. If South is better, they will win.

I still think East's speed is better. East's 35 South 28

I just cannot wait until Friday, Just too see how good Sullivan South really is. I

just fell that if East's plays their game, We will win. We know how good South is,

we have played them the last 2 years. Both teams have alot of weapons, it will

come down too turnovers & big plays.

The weather could hurt both teams. If it rains, this could hurt South passing game

more than East's. With this game being played on natural grass, the whole field could

become mud. GO CANES!

Note: Canes fans, it's ok to think you team will win. We have to believe that we can win.

When we played Greeneville, no-one on this message board from East's felt we would win.

That goes for me too. I knew if we kepted turning over the football, we would lose. I am

not going too use turnover as a reasons we could lose. If South is better, they will win.

I still think East's speed is better. East's 35 South 28

for the 100th time South's team is very different compared to the last 2 or 3 years!!! it's not just a curt phillips show anymore,there is actually 11 different standouts on both sides of the ball /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

and what in the he77 makes you think the rain will hurt south's passing game more than it'll hurt east, if you had any clue what you were talking about then you would know that it had rained last friday when south broke the school record for the most TD passes thrown in a game (5) and had like around 260 passing yards if i'm not mistaking /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

for the 100th time South's team is very different compared to the last 2 or 3 years!!! it's not just a curt phillips show anymore,there is actually 11 different standouts on both sides of the ball /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

and what in the he77 makes you think the rain will hurt south's passing game more than it'll hurt east, if you had any clue what you were talking about then you would know that it had rained last friday when south broke the school record for the most TD passes thrown in a game (5) and had like around 260 passing yards if i'm not mistaking /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I know the cheifs play 8 men in the boxes. They have been lit-up all year with the pass.

East's threw for over 200 yards against Cheifs, and we are a running team. Cheifs have Avg. speed

at best in their DB's. Just about every 5-rivers team, could get deep on them. We have more speed with

our DB's. Wet weather normally hurts the team that pass the ball more, timing problems or footing

trouble. You maybe right about it not hurting South, but it's hard to throw a mud ball.

My main point was, that the weather could be a factor in the outcome. GO CANES!

I know the cheifs play 8 men in the boxes. They have been lit-up all year with the pass.

East's threw for over 200 yards against Cheifs, and we are a running team. Cheifs have Avg. speed

at best in their DB's. Just about every 5-rivers team, could get deep on them. We have more speed with

our DB's. Wet weather normally hurts the team that pass the ball more, timing problems or footing

trouble. You maybe right about it not hurting South, but it's hard to throw a mud ball.

I would have to check to be 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain that south runs the ball more this year.

You maybe right about it not hurting South, but it's hard to throw a mud ball.

Actually, it would have to rain a lot to get mud balls. South's field is grass, but it is the finest kept grass field (except for maybe Happy Valley) in east Tennessee. If you are counting on mud to save ya, I wouldnt count on it.

You don't KNOW anything, except how to spew your own opinion out there and state it is a fact. There is no way of knowing how this years South team would stack up against a team from another year. Thats why it is 2008, and not '06, or '05.

Actually pump, I do know. Please see my comments on the Big 9 basketball thread for proof. Some people call me a prophet.

Actually pump, I do know. Please see my comments on the Big 9 basketball thread for proof. Some people call me a prophet.

Well buddy, I hate to bust your bubble, but unless you are looking ahead to next week, it's still football time.

You may be the prophet of all prophets over there, but over here you lost my respect when you said the thing about this south team not being able to handle the past morristown teams.

i'd say south is a 60-40 team 60%running with Bobby T,our qb davenport,and fletch leading them all.

and 40%passing with kk sr. watterson jr. and zanoni jr. beside the point i'll go ahead and say it i believe Kitzmiller is a D1 PROSPECT did anyone see those catches he made the other night??

Honest question, what was the score of the M-E vs Cherokee game this year? And if there are any Chief fans, players etc. reading this tell us what you think could be the difference in this game. As far as that, what about any Green Devil fans since we do have 2 common opponets. I would like to hear thier opinions.

Let's see Morris-East beat Cherokee 26-20 and lost to Greenville 34-14