Morristown East vs Sullivan South

EASTFAN

Last year, Montes was preseason all state. He injured his shoulder in preseason,had surgery and came back just to play a few reps against SS. He graduated. #36 Demarcus Knight(SR) is the kid who signed with ole miss in the preseason. He is a great player but has been overshadowed by our D line play. He has not made as many tackles as expected but does make big plays. #40 Matt Helton(JR) started as a soph. and played well agaist you guys last year and ran down fletcher on one play. James Howell(SR) played SS and moved to LB for a few games this year. He broke his ankle at GHS and is out for the year. David Mcmahan(SR) played alot of reps over the lasy 3 years and has started all season either at LB or end much like Helton depending on what we are running. Jared Broyles(JR) will play Will and has all year. We have a solid LB corp. with experience. I hope that helped clear it up.

So Demarcus Knight was '07's #36? And he is a Senior this year. OK. You know there is a major difference between the Junior and Senior year as far as ability and presence is concerned. I remember #36 not being an impact against us in '07. But I have heard he is on top of his game this year. The MoEast game last year was arguably #15's best game of the year except for maybe Maryville. That will be an interesting matchup. What are #36's deminsions and speed now?

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a son who plays for East and he admires the Fletcher kid for South. He was talking about last year how quick he was and he is one of those guys that you get down but you never really hit. Tee Howell is like that for us. I guess the best word for the 2 of those guys would be elusive.

It's interesting because the three schools and the order of intensity that my son says hit hardest this year are:

CherokeeGreenvilleElizabethtonI remember after grading film in '07 thinking that MoWest was the more talented team from 5 Rivers and also the worst coached. On paper I am very surprised Greenville beat MoEast. Someone said 44 turnovers. That's incorrect yes?

We get some reasonability and credability applied to all this, as it's the Conf Coaches and NET Coaches who vote on the All-Conf and All-NET selections---they are the ones who have seen the films, prepared for them and played them--so that brings some objectivity to it.

Wouldn't it be interesting to hear what the opposing players say about the kids??

What would Taylor, Bradley, Keenan, Alex, etc. say about the South PLayers. I know the South boys have high regards for the way these boys played in that game.

I'm sure they hold them in high regards, also. All are super kids, Rebels and Vikings alike. We are so fortunate to have great kids both on the field and off and it is something we shouldn't take for granted. They are sometimes more mature and put it in the best perspective even when parents don't! Good Luck this Friday South Rebels and we are praying for your community.

I'm sure they hold them in high regards, also. All are super kids, Rebels and Vikings alike. We are so fortunate to have great kids both on the field and off and it is something we shouldn't take for granted. They are sometimes more mature and put it in the best perspective even when parents don't! Good Luck this Friday South Rebels and we are praying for your community.

You guys from TN High are great in my book. As I've said before, hope you all win and we can see you in Death Valley next week. The two best teams east of knoxville fighting for the right to play Maryville.

You guys from TN High are great in my book. As I've said before, hope you all win and we can see you in Death Valley next week. The two best teams east of knoxville fighting for the right to play Maryville.

Does that mean I can have my very own stars and bars thong now /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> good luck to you guys too. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Does that mean I can have my very own stars and bars thong now /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> good luck to you guys too. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As long as I don't have to see you wear it. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I heard BatmanDB would love to see you in one though. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Speaking of the stars n bars thong, where has rebelrebelman been anyway?

As long as I don't have to see you wear it. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I heard BatmanDB would love to see you in one though. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Speaking of the stars n bars thong, where has rebelrebelman been anyway?

Deal /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Cause im kinda shy that way /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Ain,t seen him in a day or two.

Morristown East and Henry Co. won their appeal to reconfigure the reclassification order. It appears the Hurricane will play in the 5A playoffs during the 2009-2013 seasons.

Sullivan Central's appeal regarding their AAA classification was denied, however, meaning the Cougars are locked into Class AAA. The only team to most likely to be happy about that is the boy's basketball team.

So Demarcus Knight was '07's #36? And he is a Senior this year. OK. You know there is a major difference between the Junior and Senior year as far as ability and presence is concerned. I remember #36 not being an impact against us in '07. But I have heard he is on top of his game this year. The MoEast game last year was arguably #15's best game of the year except for maybe Maryville. That will be an interesting matchup. What are #36's deminsions and speed now?

#36 Knight is 6'3 230 and runs about a 4.6 and not really on top of his game but did have a great game against North.

#40 Matt Helton 5'11 235 runs about 4'8 but has good "game speed".

#50 David Mcmahan 6'2 210 runs well and is a solid player.

It's interesting because the three schools and the order of intensity that my son says hit hardest this year are:

CherokeeGreenvilleElizabethtonI remember after grading film in '07 thinking that MoWest was the more talented team from 5 Rivers and also the worst coached. On paper I am very surprised Greenville beat MoEast. Someone said 44 turnovers. That's incorrect yes?

44 on the year!! If we take care of the ball, we are fine.