Westmoreland @ Boyd Buc

reaction

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not knowing much about Westmoreland, I thought they would be similar to Smith County. They are however nothing like Smith County. I talked to some of their fans and coaches before the game. All seemed nice. Just like Smith County. The difference in the teams is that the Coaches from SC would never have allowed their team to disrespect another school by allowing the players to stomp on the other teams logo. Bet you Westmoreland players won't do that again! I was also surprised that there were 2 chop blocks called on Westmorelands O line. Could have been 20 flags thrown for that. You couldn't block #63 Cole Webster so you tried to hurt him. Also the last two playes of the game when we were taking a knee to run out the clock, you guys had to dive across our line to take cheap shots on our 3rd string QB. You'd have thought it was a goal line stand in the super bowl. Your # 61 was ejected from the game and raised his hands going off the field after getting tossed and got an ovation from the crowd, and your coaches didn't say anything to him. WOW! You guys are a class act.

You sure it wasn't just their traditional field walk. then a lil team meeting in the endzone of the field? As for the other things IDK. usually not the way ANYONE from Westmoreland acts.

You sure it wasn't just their traditional field walk. then a lil team meeting in the endzone of the field? As for the other things IDK. usually not the way ANYONE from Westmoreland acts.

It was even reported by 2 TV news crews, so yeah, pretty sure. Believe me when I say that we were shocked by several things last night....the score was not one of them though.

I did hear one of Westmorelands coaches apologize for the cheap shots. They were getting mighty chippy there in the second half

I didn't see them take anyone out for it. Actions speak loader than words.

Not knowing much about Westmoreland, I thought they would be similar to Smith County. They are however nothing like Smith County. I talked to some of their fans and coaches before the game. All seemed nice. Just like Smith County. The difference in the teams is that the Coaches from SC would never have allowed their team to disrespect another school by allowing the players to stomp on the other teams logo. Bet you Westmoreland players won't do that again! I was also surprised that there were 2 chop blocks called on Westmorelands O line. Could have been 20 flags thrown for that. You couldn't block #63 Cole Webster so you tried to hurt him. Also the last two playes of the game when we were taking a knee to run out the clock, you guys had to dive across our line to take cheap shots on our 3rd string QB. You'd have thought it was a goal line stand in the super bowl. Your # 61 was ejected from the game and raised his hands going off the field after getting tossed and got an ovation from the crowd, and your coaches didn't say anything to him. WOW! You guys are a class act.

I must say I'm pretty surprised. They are not usually a dirty team. The chop blocks are pretty usual for a wing-t team. They have always done that. Their head coach is a good guy. There must be more to the story.

I've said it all year. If you stop Wix...you stop them. They are not fast as others have stated. I am a little surprised their defense didn't show...but they were susceptible to the pass.

I must say I'm pretty surprised. They are not usually a dirty team. The chop blocks are pretty usual for a wing-t team. They have always done that. Their head coach is a good guy. There must be more to the story.

I've said it all year. If you stop Wix...you stop them. They are not fast as others have stated. I am a little surprised their defense didn't show...but they were susceptible to the pass.

Not so sure their defense didn't show according to the stats. Westmoreland had 4 turnovers and two punts blocked, and Boyd just had 203 total yards. It sounds like maybe things just snowballed on westy a bit

Chop Blocks yes, but not a high-low block. They high-lowed are D-line 3 or 4 times.

Not so sure their defense didn't show according to the stats. Westmoreland had 4 turnovers and two punts blocked, and Boyd just had 203 total yards. It sounds like maybe things just snowballed on westy a bit

Very good assessment TRUTHPREVAILS. I was there till the 3rd quarter ended. Just couldnt take the snowball effect anymore. We got our butt beat dont get me wrong, but we helped them quite a bit very early on. Like the first TD that was scored on a 4th down and 9 from around the 40. I was told that the radio announcers during the game were stating several obvious holding calls overlooked in the first half on Boyd. Just bringing this to the attention of Boyd fans after the statements about the chop blocks. I didnt really pay that much attention to the holds my self, I was so sick of our silly mistakes and lack of concentration. By the way, the second TD of the game was on the second blocked punt of the game. I think our D didnt do half bad in the first half to continuoulsly stop Boyd with thier backs to the wall so many times. I left before the junk at the end but think of it this way, it hurts to play your last game in a blowout. These guys have been class acts for the most part all year. Hated to see it end like it did last night for our seniors. We just didnt have the concentration. Boyd was a well prepared team for the most part but I still think the game should have been within a touch down if we would have showed up but we didnt. Dont really care who wins between you all and Marion or the rest of 2A for all that goes. Just hope nobody gets hurt for the rest of the year on any of the teams. Guess I'll be a Hartsville fan for the rest of this year. I cant wait till next year though. Football season is still my favorite time of year.

could have...should have...etc

The reason Boyd didn't have more yards than they did is because they played on a short field all night. I believe Westmoreland crossed the 50 yard line once.

As for #61's cheap shots on our backup QB while he was taking a knee...no matter what the score is, you can chose to walk off the field a winner or a LOSER.