Region 3 3A swept again.

WreckingCrew

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrecking Crew, we were the only 2 that would admit how WEAK our region was. It was actually weaker than I thought with Central fading at the end of the year. Nice job Region 4. Hard to believe we had 3 teams in the top 10, shows what the sportswriters know.

Yeah, and we both took abuse saying it. Remember me chiding all the Central folks prior to the season for them talking about playing for the state championship game? I told them the Chargers would go no further than round 2 and I took severe abuse for stating that. I honestly hoped I'd be proven wrong, but the only things I was wrong about was that we didn't even make it to round 2 this year. Padding your won/loss record with out of conference patises is alright "IF" you play in a strong region.

Sportswriters are easily impressed by teams that are undefeated. Look what happened to undefeated, #1 ranked 5A Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett tonight. Another weak, overrated team in a weak region that went 0-4 tonight.

For what its worth it surprised me, I thought McMinn Central was going to be the team to make the Semis out of that bracket. Now this is just from what I have read and heard, I have not had the opportunity to watch any of these teams.

Region 3-3a is just like the Big 10 Conference. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

People never learn or listen. I don't know when this region has won anything recently....yet they get ranked and some teams have great records and region 4 's # 3 and #4 seeds come in and smack them every year. Play tougher teams to get better. Oh yeah...the coaching is much better also.

The coaching is not better I, would not trade our coach for anyone in any region period! But agree that Region 3 needs a tougher schedule but with 8 region games each year it has been tough. The thing I would point to is enrollment size Station Camp 1200, Whitehouse 1000 the others are fairly similar. Region 3 has three teams playing up in class Tellico, Meigs, and Polk all with enrollments of 600 or less, Which IMO makes it tough.

How and why does this keep happening?

I really thought Howard and McMinn Central would advance.

DL.

I can't believe it either. Amazing /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I thought McMinn Central and Howard would have won ! Congrats Region 4 for another sweep /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Good Luck the rest of the way !