Region 3 3A swept again.

WreckingCrew

Interesting question: With the all-region team voting upcoming, how much bearing will the behavior of, say #7 of Central, have on voting? He is certainly capable of being on the team but will his coach even nominate him. I'm of the opinion that behavior like his should'nt be rewarded. His coach should not nominate him.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the coaching supplements for coaches in Region -3AAA?

I don't, but since it's a matter of public information you should be able to consult with your local Super to find out. If I'm not mistaken, McMinn County froze the supplement amount over 20 years ago and haven't lifted the freeze yet. I think it's only increased by whatever raise they give teachers - say 3% each year? I was told from someone on the McMinn School Board at one time about 15 years ago that John Mullinax (former McMinn County coach) had the lowest supplement in the region he was coaching.

Not singling you out and not trying to be smart but if that's a major issue then their priorities are mixed up.

Behavior has been an issue for them all year. Priorities, well I think individual accomplishments are more of a "priority" to this team. Anyone who was at the playoff game, and had any sense of decency, would have been sickened by his actions. Call me dramatic if you want but someone needs to explain to these few kids that its a priviledge to play high school sports.

I agree that its probably just a few bad apples, but throw the apples out before it ruins the whole bunch. As an outsider I have read about the behavior issues, but after seeing it last friday, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Indian, my point is I hope this kid will not be rewarded because from what I have seen Centrals priorities are mixed up. After being down for so long, Central is finally winning. Now we discuss a bad apple instead of the team. If you want to know what happened to Central, look within. Dont blame a weak schedule or the likes. Stop looking for excuses and fix your internal problems. A few selfish kids have ruined the reputation of a program.

I do believe that these four could be put in skill positions and perform very well. I do believe that these athletes, for instance Hargrove IMO would be a Very affective TE. Time will only tell how these players will improve. I do believe Allen and Hargrove have repeatedly been in the paper for football (Times Free Press for Punting and Leading Tackles for A loss). I do believe these are all very aggressive athletes who strive to improve themselves as well as their teams.

I don't think its the so called star athletes are that much different between these teams. Its the athletes that are in the middle that are different. I think Region 3 doesn't have as many of these types which IMO is the difference in avdancing in the playoffs or not.

You know them better than me but I would be surprised if the QB was faster than 22 from what I saw at the Meigs game. 22 looked more athletic, IMO. What # are the other 2 kids your talking about?

Thats my point exactly, other teams across the state have more athletes per team than our region. Its hard for me to get in the coaching part because its hard to judge a coach after seeing him for 1 game. IMO other teams not only have more athletes but "football players" not just kids that play football.

The QB is faster but #22 is quicker moving right to left. Hargrove is the defensive end #62 and Christian is #30.

I don't think its the so called star athletes are that much different between these teams. Its the athletes that are in the middle that are different. I think Region 3 doesn't have as many of these types which IMO is the difference in avdancing in the playoffs or not.

This is the point I quess I am trying to make thanks!

Behavior has been an issue for them all year. Priorities, well I think individual accomplishments are more of a "priority" to this team. Anyone who was at the playoff game, and had any sense of decency, would have been sickened by his actions. Call me dramatic if you want but someone needs to explain to these few kids that its a priviledge to play high school sports.

I agree that its probably just a few bad apples, but throw the apples out before it ruins the whole bunch. As an outsider I have read about the behavior issues, but after seeing it last friday, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Indian, my point is I hope this kid will not be rewarded because from what I have seen Centrals priorities are mixed up. After being down for so long, Central is finally winning. Now we discuss a bad apple instead of the team. If you want to know what happened to Central, look within. Dont blame a weak schedule or the likes. Stop looking for excuses and fix your internal problems. A few selfish kids have ruined the reputation of a program.

Again, I'll say that the behavior of football athletes at Central is better than many opposing team's fans would believe, and worse than many Central fans would admit. I hope Brandon will do as he says and thoroughly re-evaluate the program from top to bottom during the off-season, thus bringing forth a more disciplined team and coaching staff for next season....and playing a tougher out-of-conference schedule.

Again, I'll say that the behavior of football athletes at Central is better than many opposing team's fans would believe, and worse than many Central fans would admit. I hope Brandon will do as he says and thoroughly re-evaluate the program from top to bottom during the off-season, thus bringing forth a more disciplined team and coaching staff for next season....and playing a tougher out-of-conference schedule.

I posted this on the board but here it is again.

non region schedule for Polk next year is;

Bradley,Walker Valley, South Pitt., Notre Dame and Chatt. Christian + looking for one more.

Region is;

Central, Sweetwater, Sequoyah, and Meigs.

I posted this on the board but here it is again.

non region schedule for Polk next year is;

Bradley,Walker Valley, South Pitt., Notre Dame and Chatt. Christian + looking for one more.

Region is;

Central, Sweetwater, Sequoyah, and Meigs.

Now that's a little tougher schedule which will test them and make Polk better.....even if they lose 3-4 games. I'm glad to see that Coach Davis is "raising the bar", and hope others in this region will follow suit.

By the way, he might want to check with Alcoa to fill that last opening slot. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Now that's a little tougher schedule which will test them and make Polk better.....even if they lose 3-4 games. I'm glad to see that Coach Davis is "raising the bar", and hope others in this region will follow suit.

By the way, he might want to check with Alcoa to fill that last opening slot. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I have heard he is having a hard time filling it, he has been turned down by 20-25 teams. IMO this speaks volumes about the program and the coach.

I have heard he is having a hard time filling it, he has been turned down by 20-25 teams. IMO this speaks volumes about the program and the coach.

I agree. Brandon told me his first year at Central that teams used to beg to schedule them.....now they won't return his calls. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I continue to read on this thread of region3 teams lacking the number of athletes to defeat teams from region4, and I totally agree. We all thought Central would have the athletes to win a least 1 round. Maybe Central was not that athletic, its just that the rest of us are that bad. As 6+4+3=2 alluded to earlier, Polk had 1 kid who ran 4.6 to 4.7. I doubt Meigs had any and we played Region3 teams who were slower than us. Its easy to look fast when everyone else is so slow.

Now couple the lack of atheletes with no middle school programs and you see the end results. IMO we will never see middle school programs in our area because of a lack of funding.

Come on oldschoolcharger it hasnt been that long since we been to the playoffs. oh how soon we forget. lol

To say that Central or Howard have not had the athletes the last 2 years is just wrong. I watched Central play Greenbriar last year and Dekalb this year in the playoffs. Central was bigger & faster than either of them. Definatly more athletic! The difference is in the coaching. Halftime of the Central Dekalb game was tied at 14 each. Second have Dekalbs coaches 14 - Centrals 0.

I do agree that we need middle school football in this region.