MBA @ MUS

3yardsandacloudofdust

Only comments I heard McGugin make about MUS were that they were Moeller with a lot more speed. Had nothing but good things to say about MUS players and coaches.

Ohio Football must be something because I think Moeller ended the season with 5 losses. Interesting that given all the local teams that MBA has played McGugin uses a comparison of a 5 loss team. Not meant as sarcasm, but respect for Ohio Football.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohio Football must be something because I think Moeller ended the season with 5 losses. Interesting that given all the local teams that MBA has played McGugin uses a comparison of a 5 loss team. Not meant as sarcasm, but respect for Ohio Football.

I guess McGugin might say that if Moeller had more speed, they would have won more games.

It's very good football, and Moelller was a good team, though not the dominating team they've been historically. That's an issue with national rankings: they look a lot at tradition and accomplishment over the years, and other teams in the area. Historically, Memphis is not known for its HS football. It certainly doesn't mean they don't produce good teams, but they don't attract the attention that other areas do. Obvioulsy it's not a perfect system, and really nothing more than conversation fodder. Clearly they've missed a pretty decent team in MUS.

Moeller is a nationally recognized program that, at one time, represented the epitome of high school football in the USA.

MBA went on the road in a tournament featuring some of the best programs in the country and beat Moeller in its own backyard--badly--the score did not represent how outmatched Moeller was. The game was broadcast on national TV.

The win gained MBA some additional national notoriety and helped the prestige of all of Tennessee football. Why wouldn't you compare your current opponent to a team like Moeller? Any comparison to a program with that kind of heritage would be a compliment. It is not like McGugin was comparing MUS to Red Boiling Springs.

MBA was light years faster than Moeller. It sounds like MUS is light years faster that MBA. I doubt Moeller could have given MUS a game this year, but I would not consider the comparison an insult.

Moeller is a nationally recognized program that, at one time, represented the epitome of high school football in the USA.

MBA went on the road in a tournament featuring some of the best programs in the country and beat Moeller in its own backyard--badly--the score did not represent how outmatched Moeller was. The game was broadcast on national TV.

The win gained MBA some additional national notoriety and helped the prestige of all of Tennessee football. Why wouldn't you compare your current opponent to a team like Moeller? Any comparison to a program with that kind of heritage would be a compliment. It is not like McGugin was comparing MUS to Red Boiling Springs.

MBA was light years faster than Moeller. It sounds like MUS is light years faster that MBA. I doubt Moeller could have given MUS a game this year, but I would not consider the comparison an insult.

again, didn't consider it an insult, just that Ohio FB must be incredible for him to compare an opponent such as MUS that is undefeated and obviously a top notch team with a team that lost 5 games. Just says something about HS ball in Ohio imo.

again, didn't consider it an insult, just that Ohio FB must be incredible for him to compare an opponent such as MUS that is undefeated and obviously a top notch team with a team that lost 5 games. Just says something about HS ball in Ohio imo.

One of the things i found interesting was that Moeller dressed 100 players, only 2 of whom were sophomores. That was kinda wild.

Probably reading too much into his statements....Ohio HS football is good though

Brunetti must tansfer to a public school to be eligible to play highschool football because he turns 19 over the summer. It didn't help MBA that their best LB #23 tore his MCL the 3rd play of the game. He is also the starting fullback. I doubt MBA will be as good next year but they have a shot.

actually he is not 19... he is either 16 or 17. but i promise you he will be playing for MUS next year

Brunetti must tansfer to a public school to be eligible to play highschool football because he turns 19 over the summer. It didn't help MBA that their best LB #23 tore his MCL the 3rd play of the game. He is also the starting fullback. I doubt MBA will be as good next year but they have a shot.

Wasn't Michael Fisher (MBA QB) 19 his senior year?