JCS vs Huntingdon

JWhumboldt

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me suggest going to the HHS cafeteria located next to Paul Ward Stadium. They are having a fundraiser to raise money for two of the faculty that has serious illness in their respective families. They are having Mustang Stew, drinks,and dessert for $5. The stew has a hamburger base with lots of good vegetables. It's a recipie that the town and school uses for all of its fundraisers.

Concession stand has burgers, hotdogs, nacho cheese chips, coffee , hot chocolate and popcorn... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Sad to say but Shelly has retired from the concession stand after many, many years of loyal service.

Thanks Mr. Mustang:

I am also looking forward to seeing Swenson and his 1930's offense move the ball down the field. It's a pretty site to see! He always took pride in it!! How big will the crowd be?

Let me suggest going to the HHS cafeteria located next to Paul Ward Stadium. They are having a fundraiser to raise money for two of the faculty that has serious illness in their respective families. They are having Mustang Stew, drinks,and dessert for $5. The stew has a hamburger base with lots of good vegetables. It's a recipie that the town and school uses for all of its fundraisers.

Concession stand has burgers, hotdogs, nacho cheese chips, coffee , hot chocolate and popcorn... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Sad to say but Shelly has retired from the concession stand after many, many years of loyal service.

Mustang Stew sounds good to me. Save me a bowl.

Well actually one year there was a 12th man playing for Huntingdon in November so maybe thats why it feels like that to you Milan fans.

I know. It happened my senior year, last game I ever played. Just an inside joke.

I think Milan will handle Westview without my help so I may head to Carrol County and watch this one. The announcers voice still gives me nightmares though.

I know. It happened my senior year, last game I ever played. Just an inside joke.

I think Milan will handle Westview without my help so I may head to Carrol County and watch this one. The announcers voice still gives me nightmares though.

So, which side will you sit on and who will you root for? I recognize the history Milan has with Huntingdon, and that's great. But who would you rather play week three?

Sorry if that's a nosey question. Just curious /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Hey harriman... What connection do you have with Coach Swenson? Are you a relative or close friend? Did you go to school with him? Why would you drive all the way to Huntingdon to see this 2nd round game? There are some really good 2nd round games alot closer to you. Just curious.... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Hey harriman... What connection do you have with Coach Swenson? Are you a relative or close friend? Did you go to school with him? Why would you drive all the way to Huntingdon to see this 2nd round game? There are some really good 2nd round games alot closer to you. Just curious.... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

mr. mustang i think he works for the highway patrol!

mr. mustang i think he works for the highway patrol!

Hoofbeat... I popped that question today and got a no answer... Maybe he'll reveal himself. What time is the meeting on Thursday night? Don't forget "Tiny". He's proven that he is worthy. He left no doubt last Friday night at USJ... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Too bad we can't get the "Round Man from Kaintuck" back for The JCS game...

Hoofbeat... I popped that question today and got a no answer... Maybe he'll reveal himself. What time is the meeting on Thursday night? Don't forget "Tiny". He's proven that he is worthy. He left no doubt last Friday night at USJ... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Too bad we can't get the "Round Man from Kaintuck" back for The JCS game...

maybe i've been watchin too much csi.tiny did prove his worth last friday, but i don't know 'bout that guy BUBBA he was hangin' with . you have to be careful of people still wearing big orange coats!

So, which side will you sit on and who will you root for? I recognize the history Milan has with Huntingdon, and that's great. But who would you rather play week three?

Sorry if that's a nosey question. Just curious /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I will probably sit on Huntington's side because it's bigger and more comfortable. As for who I would root for, I haven't decided yet. I respect both teams and either will be a formidable opponet in the quarterfinals. I think defending the run is more in Milan's blood than defending the pass. JCS's overall style scares me a little because if you have a lapse for just a few minuets of a game, they can get on you and beat you quick. Huntington just scares me because of the 3 years I played varsity football Huntington in November was the last game I played all 3 years.

This being said, I would rather meet Huntington in the quarterfinals. Not because I think either team would be easier to play than the other, but since I lost to them every year I played, I would love nothing more than to watch Milan put them out of the playoffs at Johnie Hale. The only thing better than beating Huntington in November would be beating Alcoa in December. Good luck to both teams, I'm looking forward to it.

That makes it sound as if some other "force" made Milan lose there four times in the last five years. Let's just say it's a very tough place for the visitors to play and win, especially in November.

This game should be one of the state's best matchups Friday night. Both teams are, talent-wise, much better than their 6-5 records. Hope the Eagles and Mustangs have a great week of practice and the guys stay healthy.

They know they got away with one in 2003. I think everybody and their momma, grandmother, great grandfather, and ancestors knew that one after it was over. That would have been Milans 3rd State Championship in 6 years. But the past is the past.

JCS by 3. Even tho I'd like to see Huntingdon/Milan again. Wouldn't everyone? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />