Centennial vs Brentwood

ambiguousrock

Brentwood has averaged close to 40 points a game the last four weeks and typically ends a game with their JV guys playing the fouth quarter and taking a knee on their opponents five yard line so as not to run it up (remember, they did that to your Cougars earlier this year so their little feelings wouldn't be so hurt). They've scored through the air, on the ground, on defense, special teams, backup QB's, the list goes on. They'll typically have 5 or more different players with touchdowns in a game. You don''t think they're balanced or can put points on the board? You spend way too much time looking at yourself in the mirror.

Here's a fun fact for ya, Brentwood scored 44 points last night without even needing to complete a pass. Think your Cougar D can stop that?

I think we can certainly hold them to less than 44, that's for sure.

It's cute how you try to insult me, but not remotely effective. I'm confident that Centennial will play a tight game against the Bruins, and if they can implement a defense like they did against Gallatin, anything is possible.

Do you remember earlier this year when it was 7-7 going into the 4th quarter? Centennial has improved beyond measure since that game, as I'm sure Brentwood has. I merely hope that your paucity of humility rests within the mind of your team as well; It would certainly bode well for Centennial.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we can certainly hold them to less than 44, that's for sure.

It's cute how you try to insult me, but not remotely effective. I'm confident that Centennial will play a tight game against the Bruins, and if they can implement a defense like they did against Gallatin, anything is possible.

Do you remember earlier this year when it was 7-7 going into the 4th quarter? Centennial has improved beyond measure since that game, as I'm sure Brentwood has. I merely hope that your paucity of humility rests within the mind of your team as well; It would certainly bode well for Centennial.

Do you remember with two minutes left in the game it was 28-7, the Brentwood JV team was on the field at about your ten yard line, and took a knee three times to run the clock? That was fun. Do you think you can hold the Bruins under 44 or is it for sure?

As for my paucity of humility resting in the minds of my team, wow, you must be really smart to use language like that.

Do you remember with two minutes left in the game it was 28-7, the Brentwood JV team was on the field at about your ten yard line, and took a knee three times to run the clock? That was fun. Do you think you can hold the Bruins under 44 or is it for sure?

As for my paucity of humility resting in the minds of my team, wow, you must be really smart to use language like that.

Intelligence doesn't correlate with sufficient use of language. It means I know how to speak English. Pretty cool, eh?

I'm not going to pretend as if I know what will and will not happen on Friday, but Centennial has the ability to beat Brentwood. The talent is there, it's a matter of playing four quarters of solid football. There is no doubt Brentwood is one of the best teams in 5A, but as the saying goes "That's why they play the games."

If Centennial plays defense like they did against Gallatin, Brentwood won't score 44, 34, or even 24.

i actually talked to Coach Matykiewicz after the first brentwood game

he said they just wore down middle of the 4th and weren't able to recover.

since then, Centennial is 8 and 2 and has found ways to stay in games and win at the end (i.e. Siegel, Ravenwood, Indy)

additionally

wasn't Gallatin supposed to be a run heavy team? wasn't it Centennial who kept Gallatin out of the endzone THE ENTIRE GAME?

I'm just sayin

since then, Centennial is 8 and 2 and has found ways to stay in games and win at the end (i.e. Siegel, Ravenwood, Indy)

additionally

wasn't Gallatin supposed to be a run heavy team? wasn't it Centennial who kept Gallatin out of the endzone THE ENTIRE GAME?

I'm just sayin

Gallatin and Brentwood are two entirely different teams including quality based.

additionally

I'm just sayin

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Brentwood had depth and will still have depth on friday. On the defensive line there are eight players and playmakers rotating and they are in on every play even if they are downfield plays. LBs i dont even need to mention. The secondary is one of the best that has come out of brentwood in years. And thats just the defense.

Offensively brentwood is unstopable. The offensive line has proven to be the power house of the region and will remain throughout the playoffs. In the backfield with Krow under center, this team has proven its ability and with Gregory, Evans, Regan, Coffey, Farmer, Lea, and Mitchell behind him this team will put up points. Enough to end Centennials talk about Drew Kelley. Against brentwood Kelley had one reception for what...? like six yards.

with an average of more that fourty points in the last two games, two with a back-up Quarterback and with one of the best defenses in the state brentwood will stop Scales. Dont get me wrong he is an athlete but one player cant win a game.

BHS: 31

CHS: 17

The way the Centennial season has worked out, alot of CHS fans were looking back to that Week 0 game wondering "what if?" Well, the Cougars will get their chance to see exactly how far they've come this week. Yes, Centennial is a much better team than when these teams first played. However, the same can be said for Brentwood.

Should be an interesting game

I think this will be a close game and i'm sure the cougars, as well as brentwood, will come out playing at the best they have all year

the question is will CHS be able to stop the BHS run. if so then the cougars have a legitimate shot at winning the game. if not then it could be a very long night for them. I think that the brentwood defense is disciplined enough to stop chaz from rolling out of the pocket and picking up large gains. so it will be up to chaz to make plays in the passing game. Also the cougars need to minimalize penalties, that has killed them all year.

I think a low scoring game benefits the cougars, and if it becomes a shootout i think brentwood has the advantage. I also think it will be a close game no matter who comes out on top

Brentwood lost to ravenwood because speed on the defensive line and their linebackers. Speed is one thing Centennial has. We also put up 44 on Ravenwood. Im just keeping it intresting /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Clearly you didn't see the Brentwood/Ravenwood game. Brentwood lost to RHS because they came out and played like HALF the team that has played every other game this season. Not to mention the 6, count 'em, 6 15-yard penalties they incurred. For anyone to think that Brentwood lost for any other reason, is insane! So if by interesting you meant incorrect and ill-informed, then yes, you are in fact keeping it interesting.

Here are some interesting tidbits -

Common opponents:

BHS v. Dickson County

28-7

(2nd string in early in 2nd half)

CHS v. Dickson County

44-41

BHS v. RHS

14-17

CHS v. RHS

44-28

BHS v. Siegel

31-17

CHS v. Siegel

22-20

BHS v. FHS

24-21 (W)

CHS v. FHS

14-35 (L)

BHS v. Columbia

34-7

CHS v. Columbia

35-26

BHS v. IHS

42-14

CHS v. IHS

37-28

BHS v. Northeast

34-0

CHS v. Northeast

27-0

Brentwood had 328 points against all opponents versus Centennial's 313.

Brentwood only allowed 111 points versus the 240 points CHS's defense gave up.

Clearly Brentwood's offense is at least AS effective as CHS's and in terms of defense...well, there's really no comparison.

I will leave you with one more fun fact. Franklin's defense gave up 79 points against Region 6 opponents. Brentwood D only gave up 73 against Region 6. Let this leave no doubt that the Bruin defense is a force to be reckoned with.

Go Bruins!!!

I wish someone had the stat of the average amount of rushing yards Centennial allows per-game. Because I bet it is ridiculous. Dickson County put up 41 points against Centennial, and we did not drop back to pass once!!! 41 points on the ground!!! We ran a power-formation, stacked I, Double Tight-ends, everything about our Offense just screamed RUN!!! and the cougars of CHS still could not stop it. So how exactly will they be able to stop the balanced & disciplined attack of the Bruins?