Goodpasture at Lewis County

TRADITION

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodpasture has been inconsistent this year. They opened the season well but then played poorly against some weak teams like FRA. Cunningham is the real thing on both sides of the ball. He showed it again last nite against SC. Last week he was contained by CPA in the first half. (He didn't play much in the 2nd half because of injury). GP's qb, although just a freshman, is very impressive. A lot of people thought his inexperience would be a limiting factor in GP's season. They were wrong.

I don't know much about Lewis County except that they have a strong tradition and a lot of community support. I think the game may depend on which Goodpasture shows up. If GP brings their A game, they can stay with most anybody. If not, my guess is Lewis Co. wins convincingly.

CONGRADULATIONS TO BOTH LEWIS COUNTY AND GOODPASTURE ON THEIR FIRST ROUND VICTORIES! WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK ABOUT THIS GREAT SECOND ROUND MATCH UP?

Tradition: As a moderator, I am requesting you to please refrain from using all Caps on your posts. It is not part of the CoachT board etiquette as it indicates you are in effect shouting. I looked through all of your posts and they are all very respectful and thoughtful so if you can drop the CAPS with your typing you would not be leaving the wrong impression.

As far as the game goes, I am going to go with Goodpasture on this one. I think most people discounted Region 5 too early. Goodpasture is young but growing up very quickly and we at CPA were hit hard with injuries at the start of the season. The QB at Goodpasture is going to be an awesome leader and if GP mix it up with pass and run which they are very capable of, I think they pull out the win.

Tradition: As a moderator, I am requesting you to please refrain from using all Caps on your posts. It is not part of the CoachT board etiquette as it indicates you are in effect shouting. I looked through all of your posts and they are all very respectful and thoughtful so if you can drop the CAPS with your typing you would not be leaving the wrong impression.

As far as the game goes, I am going to go with Goodpasture on this one. I think most people discounted Region 5 too early. Goodpasture is young but growing up very quickly and we at CPA were hit hard with injuries at the start of the season. The QB at Goodpasture is going to be an awesome leader and if GP mix it up with pass and run which they are very capable of, I think they pull out the win.

No problem. I also wanted to say congradulations to Goodpasture winning their 300th game last night! It seems like alot of the young cougars are starting to get it, and it is showing up in thier play. Goodpasture has about 15 underclassmen playing regularly, and it is exciting to see them develop. Benji Cunningham had another great game, and it seems like he is playing his best ball of the year right now! We have heard alot of great things about Lewis County, and it should be a great high school football game. Sorry about the caps, I just love football.

Sorry about the caps, I just love football.

Thanks Tradition and congratulations on the 300th win from all of us at CPA, though we are rivals we have a lot of respect for Goodpasture football. Most of us on the boards love football too /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was doing some research on the opponents, and I don't see GP putting up a lot of points, and I also feel like LC won't put up a lot of points.... the Gameplan in this game, I would think is clock control... We haven't forgotten the game at GP a couple of years ago, I just hope the players this year have. GP is no where near what they were in 2006, and LC is better than they were.... I see LC winning 21-19 even if GP shows up to play ball... LC is just a better team in my opinion, THIS YEAR...

Lewis Co has been hoping for another shot at GP. We got blown out a couple of years ago at GP so LC will be ready to return the favor. The Panther "D" will have to step up in a big way against an always talented Goodpasture offense. Coach McConnell will have them ready. Willie and Mason will be chomping at the bit for a chance to disrupt the Cougars. LC's offensive will be ready to go to. The Fantastic Four (Crowell, Tenison, Lawson and Mathis) will run the ball with ease I think. Lewis Co will prove that hard work will overcome that Goodpasture recruiting. Crowell 4 Heisman!!