Cascade vs. McEwen

FridayMainEvent

Playoff Winner  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Playoff Winner

Now you can't let that stop you just because you came up against a far superior team. You don't have to go and get all superstitous on us. (I however have gotten rid of everything that I was wearing this year's week nine and plan never to eat at the Springfield O'Charley's again) /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

SB38 you are not helping me out here. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever, between the 2 of ya, you would think you'd be smarter than that.

What you said was,

Maybe we will just stay at home & If I was from Cascade i would go on to the Jo Byrns,Wayne Co. game.

If that wasn't Sarcasm you stink as a fan. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

well if you would read what they put and what you put, all you really did was reitterate what they said. you just put it in your own words. maybe you should reevaluate you as a fan before you judge ours.

The key in this matchup is Cascade's defense getting McEwen in third and long situations. Regardless of what some mis-informed posters may think, McEwen's passing game is below average. I'm sure their true fans would be the first to admit that. The Warriors move the ball thanks to a solid line and the best back in the region in Tummins. He may be the best in this quadrant even. If McEwen gets into third and forever, they can still load the box since their corners have the ability to lock down on the Warrior receivers. Tummins running in circles in the backfield can only do so much.

The theory that keeping Cascade's offense off the field and McEwen's defense rested is hogwash. McEwen runs basically the same group of players out there. Cascade doesn't, not on the interior anyways.

If I were the Warriors, I would use the Mt. Pleasant film from last year in their win over Cascade to get some sort of idea as to how to run the ball on them. They must get Tummins on the edge and in open space. Larry Baker is a solid second option. If he can get a few quality runs strung together, it will keep the Champs thinking. Better get that going early. If Cascade goes up two or more scores in the first half, this one could be over.

Oh, and any team that starts thinking about Jo Byrns or Wayne County already is beaten before they even start stretching on Friday. You don't get to round 2 of the playoffs without being good. Good teams can beat anybody. Don't believe me? Check this out from round ONE!

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2008/nov/09...week-surprises/

rain benefits mcewen

If it is raining during the game, then I will agree because it will effect our passing game. If the field is muddy from rain all week, but it has stopped raining then I totally disagree with that statement. I think a soggy field greatly benefits a passing team. The receivers will be able to run their routes and DB's will not be able to make adjustments quick enough. Tummins running from the backfield may be aided on occasion, but for the most part this will take away his ability to make quick cuts thus hurting him. I'm sure Cascade will have a lot of pursuit on him and without the ability to cut he will not make many long runs.