Cascade vs. McEwen

FridayMainEvent

Playoff Winner  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Playoff Winner

Ill be there buddy. Will have to have one for Logger and Butchie also in hopes that both of their teams come out with a win on Friday as well.

Trey, I don't know about everyone else's computer, but there are 2 naked men advertising weight loss in your last post........LOL........Think coachT is trying to tell you something??

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tummins Is Huge And Great At What He Does. Speed Is A Short White Guy, Quarterback, And He Runs The Veer And Option Well. Passes Adequately But Gets Overzealous. Tummins Would Be My Vote. And I've Not Seen Tummins This Year. Not Exactly Impressed With Speed. No Disrespect Intended. But Marco Was Better. Alot Better. But The Competition Speed Has Played Adds to His Stats. Mckenzie Shut Him Down After The Half. But They Had Scored 21 points. And We had turned It Over To Help Them Get Those.

So it sounds like you think McKenize will come out of Obion County with a win Friday night...

Well here We go....... Everyone Finds Excuses Why they Didn't Win. But Yes We Lost Last time 21 To 16 And Yada Yada The Officiating...... Lugey Loo..... We Didn't Get It Done Last Time Plain And Simple. But they Didn't Cross The Half After The Half. So All Things Being Equal... Mckenzie Wins...I Hope I Don't Eat Crow On This...LOl

I agree with you, and I also think Mckinzie will come away with the W on Friday... although I though that they would have got beat last week...

What do you think about Speed from UC vs. King from Manassas

Well King Is A Running Back.. And Manassas Opponents Were 16 Wins Verses 66 Losses. Now With That Said, Mckenzie Held Him To Less Than 100 Yards. But Very Fast, Elusive, And Makes Good Reads. But A Mr. Football Finalist? That's A Stretch. But I Look At Things Differently Than Others. Stats Are Stats With Some Folks. But I Tend To Look At What They Did Against Good Teams. Others Look At Numbers. Let's Say My 45 Yr Old Butt Ran the Ball Against Teams Like West Carroll. And Ran It Everytime, Every Play, Times 10 Games. I'd Like To Think Between Oxygen And Cigarettes I'd Be A Finalist As Well.

Okay... now that I have got this post completely off subject... back to the game... your thoughs on the game this friday between McEwen and Cascade at the stable... prediction... etc...

I'm Still Bitter Over The Win Over My RedDevils, And I'm A Firm Believer, That It's Tough To Beat A Good Team Twice. Because The Winner Thinks, It's Just Ole McEwen, Same Ole Same Ole.... But When A Team Loses They Normally Get A Wake Up Call And Go To Work. If They Got The Talent. And Obviously McEwen Does. With That Said, McEwen Should Edge this One Out.

Tummins Is Huge And Great At What He Does. Speed Is A Short White Guy, Quarterback, And He Runs The Veer And Option Well. Passes Adequately But Gets Overzealous. Tummins Would Be My Vote. And I've Not Seen Tummins This Year. Not Exactly Impressed With Speed. No Disrespect Intended. But Marco Was Better. Alot Better. But The Competition Speed Has Played Adds to His Stats. Mckenzie Shut Him Down After The Half. But They Had Scored 21 points. And We had turned It Over To Help Them Get Those.

Well Butchie Im glad to see that you have an opinion on..... well..... everything! And once again I thank you for helping to motivate our guys. Not that they need help mind you. Playing The Rebels is one game they look forward to no matter how many times a year we play. As far as Colton Speed is concerned I am very proud of our boy. But ya know he's not the only Tornado "on the ground"! We know our last several games have been against lesser competition. For that matter they don't belong om the same field with either Mc or Uc. In week 4 our guys were still learning all the aspects of the midline veer offense and are still learning. This aint tha same team. I watch film every night with my son who plays on the team. We should have scored 2 more times in week 4. And after watching that game(4) this week again, 3 times already, you are right about the Rebels stunting and doing better all but shutting us down. But we crossed the fifty twice. Once Speed was breaking away and made a cut in the open field and fell down.(shudda scored) I just can't wait! And I promise to congratulate The Rebels if they win and wish you luck in 2A.

Wow... I'm suprised you gave the edge to McEwen... Once thing to note is that McEwen has never been to the 3rd round of the playoffs, but I can't ever recall Cascade making it that far either... so whatever happens this Friday... History will be made regardless... I feel McEwen will have a great shot a Cascade... A few things that worries me are the turnovers, their skill positions vs. ours (especially thier recievers vs. our secondary), the big play, and ability to keep the ball moving once we get it... Our defense is top notch as long as the secondary does its job... That is definetly some thing the warriors need to work on this week... The offense needs to keep being somewhat versitle with running the ball, playing ET at QB, mixing in a few trick plays... Although they say McEwen offense is just run, run, run... I will give it to Coach Nolan that this years team has changed the offensive scheme to be a little more versitle... and it has worked out...

Like I said and I will say this against any team from regions 5, 6, 7, and 8 (although 8 is out now)

as long as McEwen...

Turns the ball over less than the opposition

Keeps the offense somewhat versitle

Defense improves on their pass coverage

Eliminates the big play (25+yards)

they will be just fine...

Also, I really think that if McEwen went with a shotgun formation... kept Leegan at QB and left ET at RB beside him with Kavo on the otherside, and ran different sets out of that, McEwen would be really dangerous... They could pass, still run with ET and Kavo, direct snaps to ET (pass or run)... or motion out of that with ET or Blake at the slots... That could become very dangerous, and wouldn't be very hard to install in the offense...

Thanks Big Swo.. I'd Like To Meet Ya. And Good Luck to You And Yourn.

Now Back To McEwen. LOl The Big play Hurt JB. And Eventually Beat Them. Cascade's Defense Is Suspect For Anything, Just Don't Get Caught In A Rut. throw Different Looks At Em. And Don't give Up The Big Play. Now Ya'll Have Played Em. You Know Better Than Me What Works And What Don't.