Fairview at CPA

DenKeeper

you should take his advice to heart because they are coming from the same place you are. Last week "DAWGFAN43" said "I hope that the DAWGS win by at least two touchdowns and then maybe all of the CPA fans will finally give Hickman County a little respect." It is obvious that CPA was the one earning respect on Friday night. If Fairview wins, I will give them all the respect in the world, but I just don't see it happening. Keep praying for a storm on friday, but sadly that won't be enough either for fairview to beat CPA. Please stop using this "huge upset" over Camden as a reason why you can beat CPA. CPA would have destroyed Camden just like they did in the playoffs 2 years ago. Camden came into that game with 1 loss by only 1 point, and had outscored opponents 389-66. CPA went on to beat them 57-28. Sure, that game doesn't mean anything this year, but it is just an example of how a rural school who plays a weak schedule can appear on paper to be dominant, but fall quickly at state. (this is describing Camden not Fairview). Fairview is a better team from a better region and should not have been a huge underdog to Camden. But sadly for fairview, CPA is the best team from the best region.

have you been to a fairview game to talk so badly of them??

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The underdog always comes out on top? What about the Duke-Belmont basketball game? Or that no #16 seed has ever won the first round in the NCAA Basketball Tourny? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

im sure we are talking about football here... lol basketball /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good gracious, you guys aren't getting it... here is the actual verbage.

2008-09 TSSAA Handbook

D. In Class 2A, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team.

The underlined portion should be the focus. only if the teams are the same seed will they continue on to the latter parts of the rule.

It is pretty simple. Fairview are roadwarriors no matter what the outcome /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Rain or no rain - seeding or not - past years or not - public or private. All these things mean little when you get to the Sweet 16. Yes, CPA is probably a favorite, but they could easily lose if they don't think they can, or if they play poorly, or if they turn the ball over or give up a few big plays.

We all come on here on CoachT, myself included, and talk about teams overlooking other teams or not coming to play, or not giving 100%. I would bet that is not what is happening in the film rooms, practice field, on the field or on the sidelines this week and this Friday night.

You don't get to the 16 if you have built a team on not respecting the opponent, or on thinking you can win by not coaching and playing at 100% all the time. Anyone who has ever played sports has been involved in a loss that was supposed to be a win. So, trust me, the CPA players are taking Fairview seriously, and are not looking past them. CPA not been ranked all year by anyone, so why should they have the big head?

Good luck to both teams, win or lose, and congratulations for getting to this point.

have you been to a fairview game to talk so badly of them??

please point out for me how I spoke badly about fairview. I believe CPA will win the game, but that does not mean I disrespect the opponent. I attempted to give statistical evidence and my rationale for why I believe CPA is the better team, and if that steps on toes than I apologize. The purpose of the Camden reference was not meant to put down Camden or Fairview, but to illustrate that Fairview was underrated and that Camden should not have been expected to easily win as most people were predicting. I am not trying to take anything away from that win, which proved that Fairview has what it takes to get to the second round of the playoffs. And if you win this friday, your will prove a lot of people wrong again, including me. Maybe my post was a little hard-edged and for that I apologize. If you fans from Fairview are as confident in your team as I am in mine, then you should care less what I think about the game. Don't take me picking my team to win as disrespect for your team. Any team to make it to this point is one of the best, and win or lose both teams should be proud of their seasons.

I have no future-telling abilities and could be as wrong as anyone, however I enjoy posting my hopefully reasonable predictions and thoughts based on the knowledge I have, in order to encourage discussion and debate. Isn't this why we all are on Coacht? But with bold predictions comes accountability. If you make a prediction and you turn out dead right, your word gains merit and it just plain feels good doesn't it? In comparison, if you boldly predicted it one way, and it turns out the other, you must come back to face the music, sometimes put up with mocking and "in-your-face" comments. This is what makes putting your passionate thoughts and predictions out on the table a risk. It is a roll of the dice, and I have been on both sides plenty of times. It also puts added personal meaning in the games, because win or lose, I know I have to come home and face Coacht, which makes it all more fun to me at least. So if I'm right, I hope it is acknowledged, and if my bold prediction is wrong, all are welcome to respectfully shove it in my face.

there is alot of smack talking on here and i was not even a part of it. lol. anyway, i suspect this should be an interesting game. fairview will need to practice that pass d if they want to hang with CPA. i hope that this game ends up being close.

Fairview- 21

Cpa -18

PS- i was right about Camden and the spread of the game even tho apparently i gave them more points then they deserved.

Good gracious, you guys aren't getting it... here is the actual verbage.

2008-09 TSSAA Handbook

D. In Class 2A, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team.

The underlined portion should be the focus. only if the teams are the same seed will they continue on to the latter parts of the rule.

It is pretty simple. Fairview are roadwarriors no matter what the outcome /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

yea: but only till friday nite

i am just wondering....someone told me that a team is not allowed to host all home games during the playoffs. so that a high seed cant host all games. didnt really make sense. so will fairview always be playing on the road if they comtinue to win??

Your source of information is wrong. Fairview will not have any home games even if they continue to win.