Sequatchie County Football

Kryptonite11

Who cares if the schedule is not as strong as last years...what everyone needs to do is support Coach Barger and his staff 100%...... and beleive in what he is doing....look at Marion.... prime example it will happen you just have to have support from everywhere......no nay sayers and fence riders...thats what builds a solid program....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said before that Barger is turning things around and he is doing it right... maybe he can pull some players from the halls to replace those seniors who are leaving.... Personally, I wouldn't count on anything coming from the middle school for a few years... they were not very good this year..... I'm sure Coach B will begin working with that program as well so things should start looking up....

Weeeeeeeeee..........................Old Pirate says PG, here you say the same type of things folks say about Jasper. Glad you're not wearing them rose colored glasses all the time. The middle school program is the feeder for the public schools and future successes can be seen by what's coming thru the pipe line. OP says SC and the valley as a whole should be more competitive than what most have been fielding lately. Good Luck to the Indians.

I was pleased to hear one of the best players from the middle school team 2 years ago plans to play next year, he will be a sophomore. This was from one of his parents. He played fullback and was also a good defensive player. I'm not saying he will be the best player in the valley but he should at the least add a quality backup and maybe compete for a starting position somewhere.

I was pleased to here one of the best players from the middle school team 2 years ago plans to play next year, he will be a sophomore. This was from one of his parents. He played fullback and was also a good defensive player. I'm not saying he will be the best player in the valley but he should at the least add a quality backup and maybe compete for a starting position somewhere.

Old Pirate sees SC as a talent pool waiting to be uncovered!

• 1 month later...

Workouts are going well. The kids have bought in to what the coaches are trying to accomplish. There are 80+ kids lifting, including the 8th graders. Should have 55+ in pads for spring. Got to find some replacements for quality players who graduated but numbers are good now.

Wow 80+ /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> thats sounds great I hope that at least 60-65+ are still around come August 14th! (I assume thats when the Jamboree will be?)