Satisfied with Sequoyah Football this year?

I like the idea of moving Steinhart into the backfield that would help balance out inexperience by adding in some pure toughness. I was not impressed with Stewart in backfield, maybe a combination of Steinhart and Bell. But doing that would leave three holes to fill on the line, but there was some good sized boys standing on the sidelines last season and with the winter to work out and a spring under these coaches and they could fill the void. Can we count Fritts will he stick it out next season, cause if he does TE or wide receiver would get a huge boost.

Why not Fritts at QB?????????????? hmmmmmmm,,, yep no favoritism there. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Variation of the Wing-T ohhhhhhh my goodness. Why don't you just tell us about that??????? Nahh you will just ramble on about something else you know so much about. Again now real slow tell us about the variation to the wing T????? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Be careful doc ,i found out he gets his feelings hurt real easy.And i have just been trying to help him,and he still gets mad.Im worried about him,that he might explode.He just trying to fit in i think,but who knows these days.I think he knows alot about football,he just gets mixed up sometimes on his words because of all that knowledge.

Fritts could be a good QB my question was would he stick with it two tries and he hasn't finished yet so I am not to quick to throw him in the mix.

Ok WingT we understood your question, it was just obvious that you left out the position he has always played! ???? Don't you think if he didn't "stick with it" it would also affect him at TE or WR?????? I guess it is another variation of some sort. It is apparent that in your "mind" (sorry abut the oxymoron), the QB position is already a done deal. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Ok WingT we understood your question, it was just obvious that you left out the position he has always played! ???? Don't you think if he didn't "stick with it" it would also affect him at TE or WR?????? I guess it is another variation of some sort. It is apparent that in your "mind" (sorry abut the oxymoron), the QB position is already a done deal.

It is my assumption that with him being the backup QB, that it would be his position to lose. I do beleive that Coach S will definitely find us the guy that gives us the best chance of winning. So you are telling me this wing t / double wing tangent you guys have gotten on is the best you can do. I mean come on with your vast football knowledge that is the best you can throw at me. I believe we all know if we go to a wing T website or pick up a wing T book we will find the variation known as the double wing. So dig deeper guys keep your chin up you can find something better you might even be able to make me mad between the two of you, NO I DOUBT IT.

It is my assumption that with him being the backup QB, that it would be his position to lose. I do beleive that Coach S will definitely find us the guy that gives us the best chance of winning. So you are telling me this wing t / double wing tangent you guys have gotten on is the best you can do. I mean come on with your vast football knowledge that is the best you can throw at me. I believe we all know if we go to a wing T website or pick up a wing T book we will find the variation known as the double wing. So dig deeper guys keep your chin up you can find something better you might even be able to make me mad between the two of you, NO I DOUBT IT.

That whole post makes no sense. So if (Fritts) is the back QB it is" his position to lose"???? If he were the projected starter I could understand your statement, again I guess it was a typo, being the back up it would be his to "win". That still does not explain how easily you excluded him, because if he and that is a big if he committed himself he clearly has the best arm on the team,now whether he can lead the team that has yet to be proven. Your wing T vs the double wing comments have clearly shown how very very little you really know about football. As you state "as we all know" just because you have a similar formation does not indicate in any way the two systems are at all similar. In fact if you knew anything about it at all you would know that coaches that use those two systems have great debates over how different each are and which is best and why. Go to a coaches clinic and refer to the double wing speakers offense as the wing T and see what happens! It is clear why you talk in such generalities about football. You never will be specific on "any" of your statements you paint everything with a broad brush. I have asked you many many times to explain things in detail or how would you have done it differently and not ONCE have you ever done so. All you do his grind your ax and hide behind a computer or think you hide. You exposed yourself saying we ran the Wing T,,,, everyone knows it,,, and still you continue to try and defend it. Try and make you mad???? Not hardly. It is clear that you are bitter over the failure of your kid to live up to "your" expectations and you must blame someone. Denial is a big part of the world you live in unfortunately. It is hard for kids to learn to take responsibility for disappointments in life when people continue to make excuses for them. A good work ethic and attitude will overcome most of the things we face in life. Rarely in life when realistic goals or dreams are not met is it because of someone else, we only need to look squarely in the mirror.

I hope everyone had a great turkey day with family and friends and sincerely I mean that for you too wing T /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

That whole post makes no sense. So if (Fritts) is the back QB it is" his position to lose"???? If he were the projected starter I could understand your statement, again I guess it was a typo, being the back up it would be his to "win". That still does not explain how easily you excluded him, because if he and that is a big if he committed himself he clearly has the best arm on the team,now whether he can lead the team that has yet to be proven.

$$

You are definitely a very bitter individual, you need to let that stuff that happened last season go, the team has moved on and it would be best if you did the same. I was refering to Kince as the backup there genius, I mean he was the one that did finish the season, so he was the one I threw into the mix. I agree Fritts has the most potential and I would like to see him on the field, however I didn't see him toward the end of the season so I assumed he quit and when one quits it is not easy to talk him up alot for next season, as much as I would like to see him play, he has to want it himself. I hope you didn't spend alot of money on those "coaching clinics".

Again Wing T you avoided the entire post. Same as usual. Only thing I am bitter about "and I will admit it" is how the kids were done by certain individuals and parents with vendettas. I have had a great fall, just getting to watch the kids, going to Canada to deer hunt and spending time with my family that I could not do in the past due to football. I don't see any money I paid or lost due to coaching as a volunteer as a regret or hardship. I love the game and studying it and knowing the game is a hobby I will continue as long as it remains a desire to do so. Clinics are a lot of fun you should try it sometime. Just don't ask any questions to expose yourself those guys take the game they love pretty seriously. Still looking for those variations of the WingT and the double wing you know so much about /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Again Wing T you avoided the entire post. Same as usual. Only thing I am bitter about "and I will admit it" is how the kids were done by certain individuals and parents with vendettas. I have had a great fall, just getting to watch the kids, going to Canada to deer hunt and spending time with my family that I could not do in the past due to football. I don't see any money I paid or lost due to coaching as a volunteer as a regret or hardship. I love the game and studying it and knowing the game is a hobby I will continue as long as it remains a desire to do so. Clinics are a lot of fun you should try it sometime. Just don't ask any questions to expose yourself those guys take the game they love pretty seriously. Still looking for those variations of the WingT and the double wing you know so much about

I am kind of confused as to what answer the fooball god is seeking. Both formations use a FB with 2 WB/TB's and focus on keeping the defense guessing with misdirections and counters and occasionly throwing the sweep in there. I really like your attempts to make me feel inferior in football knowledge, but as far as that goes I am rubber and you are glue your efforts bounce off me and stick to you.

I am kind of confused as to what answer the fooball god is seeking. Both formations use a FB with 2 WB/TB's and focus on keeping the defense guessing with misdirections and counters and occasionly throwing the sweep in there. I really like your attempts to make me feel inferior in football knowledge, but as far as that goes I am rubber and you are glue your efforts bounce off me and stick to you.

Yeah it is clear you are confused. ughhhhhhh I think it the main objective of any offensive style is to keep the defense quessing...You honestly want to tell me the double wing is maid up of counters and sweeps????????? We have already established formations lend NO similarity in scheme. Tell you what there Forrest try and defend the double wing the same way you defend the wingT and see what happens. Why don't you tell us how you would do that??? hahahahah. I haven't had to attempt anything about showing us all your vast knowledge of the game. You are doing just fine all on your on!!!!!!! Keep typing there WingT,,,,, your falling faster than the stock market! Stick with nursery rhymes Chicken little its more your speed. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just admit you made a mistake instead of defending the defenseless. The major symptom in severe cases of inferiority complex is the inability to admit you are wrong. The first step to the cure is acceptance, denial will only deepen your feelings of inferiority. No charge Forrest. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah it is clear you are confused. ughhhhhhh I think it the main objective of any offensive style is to keep the defense quessing...You honestly want to tell me the double wing is maid up of counters and sweeps????????? We have already established formations lend NO similarity in scheme. Tell you what there Forrest try and defend the double wing the same way you defend the wingT and see what happens. Why don't you tell us how you would do that??? hahahahah. I haven't had to attempt anything about showing us all your vast knowledge of the game. You are doing just fine all on your on!!!!!!! Keep typing there WingT,,,,, your falling faster than the stock market! Stick with nursery rhymes Chicken little its more your speed. Just admit you made a mistake instead of defending the defenseless. The major symptom in severe cases of inferiority complex is the inability to admit you are wrong. The first step to the cure is acceptance, denial will only deepen your feelings of inferiority. No charge Forrest.

I could say something like our offense was pretty much comprised of some option, traps, counters and sweeps and you will find a problem with that. You know we could talk all day about how the Wing T and double wing are similar as well as how they difer. We could also write a book about how we could defend each as well as how we could block each of these, bottom line is you have no respect for me and would only make a lackluster attempt to make me look bad. Which I admit you are trying, failing but giving good effort and that goes a long way, keep your chin up. Anybody with even a slight football knowledge knows these formations are not that different, it's not like I called it the spread. I am begining to see more clearly why we had limited success before this season, pride and stubbornness led to no improvement. Could you admit this team was better coached this season than last.

I could say something like our offense was pretty much comprised of some option, traps, counters and sweeps and you will find a problem with that. You know we could talk all day about how the Wing T and double wing are similar as well as how they difer. We could also write a book about how we could defend each as well as how we could block each of these, bottom line is you have no respect for me and would only make a lackluster attempt to make me look bad. Which I admit you are trying, failing but giving good effort and that goes a long way, keep your chin up. Anybody with even a slight football knowledge knows these formations are not that different, it's not like I called it the spread. I am begining to see more clearly why we had limited success before this season, pride and stubbornness led to no improvement. Could you admit this team was better coached this season than last.

Actually the double wing that Georgia Tech runs is the same basis for what Sequoyah has run lately and it is called the Spread Option. Paul Johnson's exact words to me is that is nothing more than a variation of the Wishbone. It is absolutely nothing like th Wing T in his mind and since he has had more success at the college level than most with it, I would be inclined to call it the Spread Option formation. It is not the Wing-T by any stretch of the imagination. It is the Spread Option. Either way it really doesn't matter what you call it the fact is it will work as well as the I, Spread, Split Back or Gun if you work at it and coach it well. Football is about fundamentals and not about formations or offense. If you have fundamentals and strength and execute you will win. Ask George Quarrells his opinion and he will tellyou the same.