Satisfied with Sequoyah Football this year?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering every body's thoughts on Sequoyah's football team this year. Are you satisfied with the outcome? the effort? The new coach?

Took a while for this team to play up to its potential but in the last part of the season they were as good as anyone in the region, would have liked to seen them in the playoffs, but Notre Dame game came back to bite them. Coach Satterfield proved he should have been hired several years ago, and the coaching staff as a whole was greatly improved. Coaches like Berrong, Sharp, and Wiggins helped alot and were all a huge improvement from the assistants that we had in the past and hope to see them back out again next year.

FINALLY HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

After everything that happened, you could not have expected them to turn things around in one year. Satterfield is in is final years of coaching IMO,(about 5 more years), but if can get that program on its feat, Sequoyah will be a very good program(Similar to Loudon). It would help if Madisonville and Vonore combined in the little leagues, but with the infighting, I don't think that will happen. In my opinion, one of the most important aspects of a good high school program, is the foundation in the little leagues. (look at Maryville).

I think that Coach Satterfield is still yet to put his imprint on this program. Due to the circumstances and timing when he got hired he had to do some things that he may not have done if he had already been established. With that said, despite the loss to Notre Dame and not going to the playoffs, this season has to be considered successful. We were competitive in every game and especially against the tougher opponents and won more games than any team in the last 4-5 years. I honestly think had we played McMinn Central at the end of the season instead of the beginning we might have come away with a win.

Next year's team will have to replace some very key elements. With the tallented kids we have returning and Satterfield not having to deal with a compressed time schedule to prepare for the next season they may be just as competitive. Maybe more. Who knows? With the support and interest that Coach Satterfield is showing in the youth programs at Vonore and Madisonville, we are heading in the right direction, though.

Despite the next couple of year's outcomes, the Sequoyah parents, boosters, and administration will have to be patient and supportive of the coaches and players in order for this program to prosper. No coach can turn a program like this one around over night.

Good Luck, Chiefs. Can't wait til next year.

Took a while for this team to play up to its potential but in the last part of the season they were as good as anyone in the region, would have liked to seen them in the playoffs, but Notre Dame game came back to bite them. Coach Satterfield proved he should have been hired several years ago, and the coaching staff as a whole was greatly improved. Coaches like Berrong, Sharp, and Wiggins helped alot and were all a huge improvement from the assistants that we had in the past and hope to see them back out again next year.

FINALLY HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

I wish all the boys great success in the upcoming year.Still have great admire for their dediction and hard work,they will be fine.The freshman this year i don't know all of them,but if you will follow the upper classman u will learn alot,they are a bunch of great young men.To the seniors i'm proud of u,and you proved why you were a great class.Wish you well in the future.

And to SLOBER its been a ride,and you need to seek help before this eats you alive.Have you ever thought that the lack of hard work kept ur son from playing instead of former coachs.Would love 2 sit down and tell u the truth ,but i know you don't won't to hear that,because it would only break your heart ,that u may have been lied 2.But if you need to talk i'm here for you.Its always good to have a shoulder to cry on.

Got a number for you if u want 1-800-get-help

And if you can't afford the help let me know,and we might have a fundrasier for u to help u out.

Just wondering every body's thoughts on Sequoyah's football team this year. Are you satisfied with the outcome? the effort? The new coach?

With all that has gone on, this team responded well. Good group of Seniors, not the most athletic bunch but they played with alot of heart & desire. Still a long way to go for this program but you have to start somewere. If we will leave the coaches alone and give them a chance we will see?

After everything that happened, you could not have expected them to turn things around in one year. Satterfield is in is final years of coaching IMO,(about 5 more years), but if can get that program on its feat, Sequoyah will be a very good program(Similar to Loudon). It would help if Madisonville and Vonore combined in the little leagues, but with the infighting, I don't think that will happen. In my opinion, one of the most important aspects of a good high school program, is the foundation in the little leagues. (look at Maryville).

I like your post. You are right about several things here. I also think that Seqouyah could be a very good program. The feeder teams is very important for any good high school program. IMO I would like to see a middle school team or teams put into place. The key to this would be to make sure the right person was the head coach( the high school coach should make this decision.) From my understanding this was talked about last year but ran into alot of resistance from some of the LL coaches. To many people around here worried about themselves instead of having a good football program. For the most part both these LL programs struggle.

I wish all the boys great success in the upcoming year.Still have great admire for their dediction and hard work,they will be fine.The freshman this year i don't know all of them,but if you will follow the upper classman u will learn alot,they are a bunch of great young men.To the seniors i'm proud of u,and you proved why you were a great class.Wish you well in the future.

And to SLOBER its been a ride,and you need to seek help before this eats you alive.Have you ever thought that the lack of hard work kept ur son from playing instead of former coachs.Would love 2 sit down and tell u the truth ,but i know you don't won't to hear that,because it would only break your heart ,that u may have been lied 2.But if you need to talk i'm here for you.Its always good to have a shoulder to cry on.

Got a number for you if u want 1-800-get-help

And if you can't afford the help let me know,and we might have a fundrasier for u to help u out.

You should really find a way to deal with your anger issues. I don't think that it is me who needs the shoulder to cry on.

I like your post. You are right about several things here. I also think that Seqouyah could be a very good program. The feeder teams is very important for any good high school program. IMO I would like to see a middle school team or teams put into place. The key to this would be to make sure the right person was the head coach( the high school coach should make this decision.) From my understanding this was talked about last year but ran into alot of resistance from some of the LL coaches. To many people around here worried about themselves instead of having a good football program. For the most part both these LL programs struggle.

The thing about Madisonville and Vonore though, is that they are two different communities, and were fierce rivals. You would think that 12 years would have smoothed things out, but I guess not. The thing is, it is only a minority, but that minority holds a lot of power. Now, I don't know the details, but that is just my perception.

I do know that the Students are proud of Sequoyah High School. I have encountered many of them, and most of it has been positive.

Sure, I love beating the Chiefs in all sports, but I can't wish ill will toward a group of young men and young women. Some of the graduates of Sequoyah need to step up, and take leadership over the cronies who have been dragging this through the mud.

I'll tell you one thing - a lot of people would love to see Satterfield back at Greenback - our program still misses him. Give him some time - we're just glad to see him back in the area.

As far as The LL Football teams - the only thing that has hurt them has been the FORMING of these middle school teams. Just leave these programs alone - Just let the kids play and have fun and not get burnt out before High School Ball