Satisfied with Sequoyah Football this year?

Your post is very accurate. These two offenses are very different. It is a variation of the wishbone, but with its spread formation it makes it much more dynamic. The main linking still being the triple option. This is a very tuff offense to defend because of all its versatilaty. Much easier to throw the ball out of this formation than the bone because you actually always have 4 recievers spread out. Also when using the deep motion this offense can be very much like running the I formation. Also like the wishbone this offense is neutral. Which is to say by alinement you are not strong to either side. What you can run right you can also run left without tipping off the Defense. I also agree this offense is not the wing-T by any stretch of the imagination. I watched Georgia Tech a couple of times this year. It is a thing of beauty watching them run this Offense. They had over 400 yards rushing against Georgia, I bet you would be hard pressed to find the last time a team ran the ball all over the Bulldogs like that.

Slober did u read this.I may be wrong but the double wing has no strong side,its a balanced set.The wing t to the best of my knowledge has a strong side and a week side and most of the time a tight end.And its hard to run the triple option out of.This is just a few things,i could go on and on,but i will leave the rest for you.Lets here it. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The LL programs need to worry about themselves, they don't need to worry about copying the high school's system. Personnel might require the high school team to change every few years. They need to do what it takes to be successful on the LL level. They need to concentrate on technique and fundamentals.

More brilliance, most any high school coach will tell you that they would prefer "there" system taught. "They need to concentrate on technique and fundamentals" whewwwww theres a brain storm for ya. They have to learn some semblance of a system there Forrest it might as well be at least similar to what they "might" use in high school don't you think there WingT.

Actually the double wing that Georgia Tech runs is the same basis for what Sequoyah has run lately and it is called the Spread Option. Paul Johnson's exact words to me is that is nothing more than a variation of the Wishbone. It is absolutely nothing like th Wing T in his mind and since he has had more success at the college level than most with it, I would be inclined to call it the Spread Option formation. It is not the Wing-T by any stretch of the imagination. It is the Spread Option. Either way it really doesn't matter what you call it the fact is it will work as well as the I, Spread, Split Back or Gun if you work at it and coach it well. Football is about fundamentals and not about formations or offense. If you have fundamentals and strength and execute you will win. Ask George Quarrells his opinion and he will tellyou the same.

nahhhh he didn't read this one either /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

More brilliance, most any high school coach will tell you that they would prefer "there" system taught. "They need to concentrate on technique and fundamentals" whewwwww theres a brain storm for ya. They have to learn some semblance of a system there Forrest it might as well be at least similar to what they "might" use in high school don't you think there WingT.

Not every kid plays high school football that plays LL, so I think it is best to put the kids in position to learn fundamentals, have fun, try to win, and learn good teamwork.

THE WORLD DOES NOT EVOLVE AROUND HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

Slober did u read this.I may be wrong but the double wing has no strong side,its a balanced set.The wing t to the best of my knowledge has a strong side and a week side and most of the time a tight end.And its hard to run the triple option out of.This is just a few things,i could go on and on,but i will leave the rest for you.Lets here it.

Major differences you could use a tight end in double wing, usually doesn't happen but could be done.

Still looking for major differences, you guys are saying obviousthings.

nahhhh he didn't read this one either

Nothing on that one even close to what I said.

Not every kid plays high school football that plays LL, so I think it is best to put the kids in position to learn fundamentals, have fun, try to win, and learn good teamwork.

I've been involed with L.L.a very long time.L.L. was set up to get kids ready for the high school level.And thats in all sports.So you want to try and teach them as much as you can,so when they step into the high school they already know what to do.Yes they should have fun and you want them to win,but to say don't run what the high school does is crazy.Now with the coaching changes its hard to do,but if you can ,do as much as you can.But i would say the reason you would say that is because you wouldn't unterstand most of it ,and probably feel its way above your head to try and learn it.I don't think you will find no one that would agree with you on this one.Not even your buddies.

I've been involed with L.L.a very long time.L.L. was set up to get kids ready for the high school level.And thats in all sports.So you want to try and teach them as much as you can,so when they step into the high school they already know what to do.Yes they should have fun and you want them to win,but to say don't run what the high school does is crazy.Now with the coaching changes its hard to do,but if you can ,do as much as you can.But i would say the reason you would say that is because you wouldn't unterstand most of it ,and probably feel its way above your head to try and learn it.I don't think you will find no one that would agree with you on this one.Not even your buddies.

So you have been getting kids ready to play at Sequoyah for a long time, and we have seen limited success.

I would have kept that to myself

That is for another time.

Tell me more of these major differences. So far maybe the use of the tight end. Which could be used in either formation.

It didn't for you did it.Sorry about that. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

It didn't for you did it.Sorry about that.

Oh yeah by the way if you can coach good enough, you can run the triple option very effectively out of the wing t.

Counters utilizing motion can be run effectively out of each formation as well.

Both offenses are multi-threat running, where one of 4 could end up with the ball: 1) QB 2) WB 3) WB 4) FB

I do like the ability to cross the RB's in the Wing T in good ole crossbuck fashion, but wait you can do that in the double wing as well.

What it all comes down to with you is the playing time issues.Thats why your saying the world does not evolve around high school football.I know the high school thing didn't go well for you the last few years,so i shouldn't be picking on you.