Satisfied with Sequoyah Football this year?

The standard set for the double wing does not include the TE. That quote explains how you change the basic double wing set into the basic wingT set and not vice versa as the quote indicates, so yeah it goes right along with what you been saying there Forrest it is WRONG. Typical. What you said was Sequoyah ran the wingT, which is not even the same formation (wrong again) and then you said no big deal they are basically the same(way wrong again) thanks SID for helping show how clueless WingT is. News flash for ya Forrest you can move people around in any formation to make it something else, now that is real earth shattering for ya I know, but try reading it real slow. Hey off tackle expert how many people did you make that comment too?????

You can use a tight end or two tight ends in a double wing if you choose, depends on what style you want to run. You are still not giving major differences, without major differences you are looking more and more foolish.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The LL programs need to worry about themselves, they don't need to worry about copying the high school's system. Personel might require the high school team to change every few years. They need to do what it takes to be successful on the LL level. They need to concentrate on technique and fundamentals.

You got to be kidding me? I don't guess that part of the success that Maryville has had over the past 7-8 years has anything to do with the fact that their high school coach is involved in the youth leagues and they run the same base system that the high school does, huh?

Technique and fundamentals should be taught at every level. But if the LL teach them the same way the high school does, the high school coaches can concentrate more on the details of their system and not relearning how they want things done.

You got to be kidding me? I don't guess that part of the success that Maryville has had over the past 7-8 years has anything to do with the fact that their high school coach is involved in the youth leagues and they run the same base system that the high school does, huh?

Technique and fundamentals should be taught at every level. But if the LL teach them the same way the high school does, the high school coaches can concentrate more on the details of their system and not relearning how they want things done.

So Maryville does it and has success, one example. How many does it and are not successful. So now you are going to ask the high school coach who has only a limited amount of time, to devote more time to assist the LL coaches without extra money. Now high school coaches don't make alot of money so I am sure they will be more than willing to give up more time.

Now you know the more people see of something the harder it is to have the element of surprise. So you would be willing to sacrifice a year of running a system the kids are not familiar with or don't have the personnel to run effectively for the greater good.

So Maryville does it and has success, one example. How many does it and are not successful. So now you are going to ask the high school coach who has only a limited amount of time, to devote more time to assist the LL coaches without extra money. Now high school coaches don't make alot of money so I am sure they will be more than willing to give up more time.

The High School coach's job is to build a PROGRAM. This program starts at the LL level. He does not have to conduct practices there. He invites the LL coaches to sit in on his practices and learn what they do and then hand it down. He gives them a copy of his base playbook so they can teach the LL players entry level naming conventions, formations, blocking assignments that they will need to know when they get there.

The High School coach's job is to build a PROGRAM. This program starts at the LL level. He does not have to conduct practices there. He invites the LL coaches to sit in on his practices and learn what they do and then hand it down. He gives them a copy of his base playbook so they can teach the LL players entry level naming conventions, formations, blocking assignments that they will need to know when they get there.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard, how many really good coaches are going to be handing out playbooks on the sidewalk. They are JV games to build a program with.

Lets see here POLK,I THINK SWEETWATER,LOUDON THERES A FEW.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard, how many really good coaches are going to be handing out playbooks on the sidewalk. They are JV games to build a program with.

What the SLOBBER is trying to say here is.

Here SLOBBER really does't know what he is talking about.

But he should ran his youth program as he wants, because its all about him.

AND

DAVE is correct again