Wells fired as Blackman head football coach

CommonSenseMD

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who really cares about Riverdale!! Everyone from Rutherford Cty knows that Rankin was moving kids into the area so they could play for him. Smyrna lost alot of good kids to Rankin who most of them lived in Smyrna but used a Boro address. Riverdale will never win with their own kids and without Rankin no ones going to move anymore. Smyrna has such a great youth program it is always going to be a contender. But I agree the wing t stinks but the Blackman Spread is terrible. You have to have some kind of passing threat out of that formation. They probably had the worst QB in the state. What ever happened to traditional football. Tight end, couple receivers, two backs play action. Smyrna and Riverdale ran it for years and they have several RINGS to show for it. Also I agree 11-29 doesn't cut it. Not in Rutherford Cty!! Too many kids and athletes.. Blackman needs a traditional coach and

PLEASE JUST GET RID OF THE DADDY COACHES!!

Bash any offense you want, but the offense only works if the kids buy into it. The wing-t is not the problem and Coach A isn't the problem when it comes to knowing X's and O's. I personally don't know him, but I know some of his staff and know they work hard. I've read the papers on saturaday mornings and read some of the box scores and all, when you don't hang onto the ball (players not coachs) your chances of losing increase. Any coach knows that. When Coach A was at Hillsboro, Did they turn the ball over a lot. NO? As far as coach Blade, I don't know him and he took over a successful program that was established before him. Still he has not won a state championship with them, but he does do a good job implementing his offense. He will get one someday if he stays the course. Good luck to all. God Bless.

Blade is from California. He was the assistant head coach at Canyon High School where they won the California State Championship.

California does not have true state championships, they have sectional championships. There is a "championship" game but the two participant teams are "selected" from the sectional champions (I think there are 10 sections) and don't actually earn it on the field through a playoff system (kind of a Cali BCS deal). Sectional champions do win their championships via playoffs.

Bash any offense you want, but the offense only works if the kids buy into it. The wing-t is not the problem and Coach A isn't the problem when it comes to knowing X's and O's. I personally don't know him, but I know some of his staff and know they work hard. I've read the papers on saturaday mornings and read some of the box scores and all, when you don't hang onto the ball (players not coachs) your chances of losing increase. Any coach knows that. When Coach A was at Hillsboro, Did they turn the ball over a lot. NO? As far as coach Blade, I don't know him and he took over a successful program that was established before him. Still he has not won a state championship with them, but he does do a good job implementing his offense. He will get one someday if he stays the course. Good luck to all. God Bless.

Also, Blades has done a credible job.............but there are 2 things. (1) He came into a nice situation. (2) Hillsboro's Region opponents have never been terribly tough other than an "over-athleted" Maplewood. He played "up" twice this season and got beat in both games. He will now get that opportunity week after week. It will be interesting to see how he does!

ole

That would be Smyrna

Where just like every school in the region all our players on our 2 TIME DEFENDING STATE CHAMIONSHIP TEAM were TSSAA eligible to compete and all were attending schools in their zone or were approved by the school system to attend.

As you would know successful teams have a way of attracting players as do un successful teams have of repelling certain players.

Lets say for example you have a team that my aunt could play wide receiver for and that team uses an offense where the qb could wear mittens instead of gloves since he will only throw the ball during warm ups and lets also say you are a college level back and that team will give you the ball maybe 8 to 10 times a game running toward each sideline and maybe every now and then even fake it to you and hand it to someone going back the other way anytime they need over 5 yards. Do you think just maybe some of those kids that flocked to said school may decide those zone rules work both ways!

lod/riverdalman - just messing with ya but you know in your heart you agree.

That statement is certainly ironic coming from mr kettle

thank you

pot black

That would be Smyrna

Where just like every school in the region all our players on our 2 TIME DEFENDING STATE CHAMIONSHIP TEAM were TSSAA eligible to compete and all were attending schools in their zone or were approved by the school system to attend.

As you would know successful teams have a way of attracting players as do un successful teams have of repelling certain players.

Lets say for example you have a team that my aunt could play wide receiver for and that team uses an offense where the qb could wear mittens instead of gloves since he will only throw the ball during warm ups and lets also say you are a college level back and that team will give you the ball maybe 8 to 10 times a game running toward each sideline and maybe every now and then even fake it to you and hand it to someone going back the other way anytime they need over 5 yards. Do you think just maybe some of those kids that flocked to said school may decide those zone rules work both ways!

lod/riverdalman - just messing with ya but you know in your heart you agree.

That statement is certainly ironic coming from mr kettle

thank you

pot black

Good to see you back, 82cat, if only for a little while. Lets try to keep in touch, your humor and wit is sorely missed this season..................

82cat WHERE IN THE WORLD HAVE YOU BEEN

Yes i am truely experiencing some tuff recruiting times at RIVERDALE right now....There are a couple of people i have tallked to that are LONG TIME RIVERDALE supporters and they have a football player coming up and they are debating on rather or not to let there some come to RIVERDALE IT IS TEARING THEM APART BUT I HAVE OFTEN SAID THAT WE AS PARENTS HAVE TO PUT OUR KIDS IN THE BEST STIUATION TO SUCEED and a lot of incoming freshman do not like the way things are going and looking at RIVERDALE right now so in my recruiting world i am having to step up my game EXCEPT donations are down so funds are limited lol

82cat WHERE IN THE WORLD HAVE YOU BEEN

Yes i am truely experiencing some tuff recruiting times at RIVERDALE right now....There are a couple of people i have tallked to that are LONG TIME RIVERDALE supporters and they have a football player coming up and they are debating on rather or not to let there some come to RIVERDALE IT IS TEARING THEM APART BUT I HAVE OFTEN SAID THAT WE AS PARENTS HAVE TO PUT OUR KIDS IN THE BEST STIUATION TO SUCEED and a lot of incoming freshman do not like the way things are going and looking at RIVERDALE right now so in my recruiting world i am having to step up my game EXCEPT donations are down so funds are limited lol

Didnt you get the word RM? 2p built a recruitng complex of his own on the Oakland side of town, you got competition now...........

today just happens to be one of those days where I have nothing to do and all day to do it!!

Hey Oakland I have truly been glad to see the resurgenced of Oakland especially for all those like you and 2p that stuck with them.

Riverdaleman - you know my comments were in jest but truly if you are one of those players described is riverdale really where you want to be??

By the way I am on record as saying riverdale may have left one maybe even 2 state chamionships on the table running that idiotic offense. The year Scott Thomas was a senior and maybe the next year with that line they had if they had stayed the offensive course they would have been hard to stop.

From an outsiders view the talent at riverdale is way down especially on the defensive line. I never thought I would see the day Smyrna would line up and run it straight at riverdal and win.

Also I haven't been on here but what was said about riverdale kicking the ball to smyrna to start the secons half when they had the choice? If you remeber it was returned for a td

today just happens to be one of those days where I have nothing to do and all day to do it!!

Hey Oakland I have truly been glad to see the resurgenced of Oakland especially for all those like you and 2p that stuck with them.

Riverdaleman - you know my comments were in jest but truly if you are one of those players described is riverdale really where you want to be??

By the way I am on record as saying riverdale may have left one maybe even 2 state chamionships on the table running that idiotic offense. The year Scott Thomas was a senior and maybe the next year with that line they had if they had stayed the offensive course they would have been hard to stop.

From an outsiders view the talent at riverdale is way down especially on the defensive line. I never thought I would see the day Smyrna would line up and run it straight at riverdal and win.

Also I haven't been on here but what was said about riverdale kicking the ball to smyrna to start the secons half when they had the choice? If you remeber it was returned for a td

cat i have been biting my tounge alot this year on a lot of issues so not much was mentioned about us kicking it twice to yall

I also agree there was 1 or 2 state championships left on the table with the offense of course you know how i feel about the whole thing dont you lol

I AM ON MY WAY TO TALLAHASEE TO WATCH SPURLOCK AND MY FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES WOOOOO HOOOOO

figured we would be out of the playoffs by now so i made plans for something else several months back lol

It has been a true wonder to watch, as Thomas has completely changed the attitude of this program overnight. I think Oakland is just scratching the surface of what they can be though when you consider that they have 21 juniors and over 50 sophmores, Oakland is set up well for the future, and it is indeed nice to see Oakland rise from the ashes after being so close of getting that breakthrough win year after year. I know somewhere, the old staff has to be smiling, although so of them will be too busy coaching up our boys as Thomas retained 3 from the previous staff. Best of luck to Smyrna tonight, and I pray for a rematch, although everyone seems to think that Smyrna and Oakland have no chance, but I relish the underdog role.