John Jenkins

TARHEEL30

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> What?

I don't know the %...but I'll guarantee his shooting % is better (way better) than 25%. IMO, bad post gator... If he was at the hs you support you wouldn't have said this.

If there are tons of kids that can score 40+, in that gameplan (whatever that means)...Where are they? Its been 15 to 20 years since anyone has averaged 40+ in Tennessee.

Jenkins is shooting at or above 60% from the field. Gator is the same guy who said Jenkins was a "hot head". Obviously he has not watched him play very much. Don't think you could find a more respectful kid out there. Especially with all of the "crap" he has to put up with at most games. I have seen him play several games this year where two guys were just banging him the entire game............never saw him lose his cool though.

Vanderbilt found a good one. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scores 60 tonight with 8 threes in a double overtime loss to Gallatin. He fouled out early in the second overtime or he may have had 70. Gallatin led the entire game and was up 6 with 1:30 to go. then jankins hit a 3, gallatin made 2 ft's, jenkins with a 3, gallatin make 2 ft's, etc. Gallatin's up 3 with 6.5 and fouls on purpose so station camp has to shoot FT's. SC makes the first, misses the second on purpose, kid spins and throws it up, makes it AND GETS FOULED!!! Now after being down13-15 the whole game they have a FT to win with 2.5. He misses and off to overtime. Back and forth and gallatin is down 3 and hits a 3 with less than 10 seconds to go to double ot. jenkins fouls out and it's over. Great game with standing room only.

43, 48, 38, 30, 55,--42.8

41, 57, 45, 32, 33,--41.6

34, 34, 51, 38, 35,--38.4

41, 36, 33, 47, 52,--41.8

45, 44, 48, 43, --45.0

AVG.-41.8 FOR THE YEAR. 1003 TOTAL POINTS FOR THE YEAR.

45, 44, 48, 43, 60,--48.0

AVG.-42.5 1063 TOTAL POINTS FOR THE YEAR. DANG DUDE DON'T YOU EVER SLOW DOWN. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ALSO WENT OVER 3,000 POINTS FOR HIS CAREER. HE MISSED HIS LAST 10 OR SO GAMES HIS SOPH YEAR WITH A KNEE INJURY.

I know this. If you score 60 points as a TEAM against a Bobby Luna coached team, then you have had a good night. For one person to do this boggles the mind. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Bobby is the best man to man defensive teacher in the high school ranks. There may be teams with more athletic ability on defense, but there is know way they are better coached than at Gallatin. Joines at Beech is excellent with the 1-3-1 zone as well.

Once and for all. John Jenkins is the real deal. Reminds me of Johnny Lynn his senior year at Beech. He scored from everywhere, but just did not have the supporting cast that he had as a junior. If there had been a 3-point line then, Johnny would have averaged 36-38 points instead of 30-31.

45, 44, 48, 43, 60,--48.0

AVG.-42.5 1063 TOTAL POINTS FOR THE YEAR. DANG DUDE DON'T YOU EVER SLOW DOWN. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ALSO WENT OVER 3,000 POINTS FOR HIS CAREER. HE MISSED HIS LAST 10 OR SO GAMES HIS SOPH YEAR WITH A KNEE INJURY.

I am new to the boards, but have read several quotes about JJ. I can tell you this, I have seen a ton of kids play high school basketball in both TN and KY. I have not seen ANYBODY that is as prolific a scorer/shooter as John Jenkins. The only ones close I can remember are Rex Chapman, Alan Houston, or Richie Farmer (from Clay County, KY). And to top it off, he is not your stereotypical, modern day athlete. He keeps his mouth shut and plays the game with pride, dignity, and passion. A kid like him comes around about once every 20 years. You wanna know why John Jenkins is such a good player? Show up at Station Camp at 6:30am and you will likely hear a ball bouncing in the gym. Show up at Station Camp at 8:30 pm and you will likely hear a ball bouncing in the gym. His success has come from HOURS upon HOURS of time in the gym, not just practice time or games.

I am a KY fan and I HATE that I am gonna have to watch him torch my Cats for the next 3-4 years, but, it couldn't happen to a nicer, more passionate kid. He IS everything high school basketball is all about.

I have seen a lot of JJ's games this year, but none better than his performance last night against Gallatin. Had he not fouled out in the 2nd OT he may have scored 70. There was nothing that Gallatin could do to stop him. Incredible to see someone score 1,000 pts in a season and 3,000 in his career. I thought SC would make a good run but come up short in the region. But now, I don't see how anyone is going to stop him. He is so determined to get to State, I don't see him NOT getting there. All I know is if he gets to Murfreesboro, he will not disappoint. Congrats to John and everything he has accomplished!!!

I believe Jenkins will be an all conference SEC player but NBA is a big leap to make at this point. The question I have had all along is will he be able to guard at the NBA level. That's probably unfair because he will have plenty of time in college to get better on the defensive end. The NBA is a whole different animal than college.

Look at JJ Redick...he can't even hardly get on the court because of his defense....He is in the league though. So that does say something. I hope Jenkins makes it one day. But, I'm not prepared to make that leap at this point.

I agree. People forget that almost all the players in the NBA can fill it up given the opportunity. What stops them is hard nosed defense, if you don't play it, you won't play in the NBA. And even if you do, there is still a good chance that you will not make the most exclusive league in the world. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I know this. If you score 60 points as a TEAM against a Bobby Luna coached team, then you have had a good night. For one person to do this boggles the mind. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Bobby is the best man to man defensive teacher in the high school ranks. There may be teams with more athletic ability on defense, but there is know way they are better coached than at Gallatin. Joines at Beech is excellent with the 1-3-1 zone as well.

Once and for all. John Jenkins is the real deal. Reminds me of Johnny Lynn his senior year at Beech. He scored from everywhere, but just did not have the supporting cast that he had as a junior. If there had been a 3-point line then, Johnny would have averaged 36-38 points instead of 30-31.

BOBBY LUNA IS A GREAT COACH NO DOUBT. BUT HE COULD'NT CARRY DANNY MATHIS'S JOCK. NOT MANY COULD.

YOUR RIGHT. JOHNNY PROBABLY WOULD'VE AVERAGED 35 A GAME IF THEY WOULD HAVE HAD THE 3 POINT LINE AS A SENIOR. JOHNNY WAS KINDA LIKE COREY BREWER IN THAT JOHNNY AND COREY BOTH HAD A LOT OF TALENT AROUND THEM THEIR JUNIOR YEARS AND NOT SO MUCH THEIR SENIOR YEAR. NORMAN TEMPLE AND JOHN FERGUSON WERE BOTH DOMINANT CENTERS.

MATHIS COACHED JOHNNY IN A ALL STAR GAME JOHNNYS SENIOR YEAR. LYNN WAS A GREAT HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER LIKE JENKINS. BUT JENKINS WILL BE A GREAT COLLEGE PLAYER. THEIR IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND ABOUT THAT.