John Jenkins

TARHEEL30

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked at the lists... John Jenkins is not a McDonald's All American... unless I read something wrong. Hard to believe if he really is the leading scorer in the nation with a shot like his he could be left off.

SOMEONE SAID THEY ANNOUNCED IT NEXT TUESDAY. WHERE DID YOU SEE THE LISTS? IF JENKINS DOESNT MAKE IT ALL THAT WILL DO IS MAKE HIM MORE DETERMINED.

Just looked at the lists... John Jenkins is not a McDonald's All American... unless I read something wrong. Hard to believe if he really is the leading scorer in the nation with a shot like his he could be left off.

I JUST SAW THE LIST MYSELF. IM A LITTLE SHOCKED. WHAT A CROCK. 42.5 POINTS PER GAME. OVER 3,000 CAREER POINTS. THE FACT THAT HE RIPPED UP THE COMPETION LAST SUMMER AGAINST THE NATIONS BEST. WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO??????

I THINK STATION CAMPS CHANCES OF MAKING THE STATE TOURNAMENT JUST WENT UP . IM REALLY , REALLY SURPRISED. HE SHOULD'VE MADE THE TEAM .

I JUST SAW THE LIST MYSELF. IM A LITTLE SHOCKED. WHAT A CROCK. 42.5 POINTS PER GAME. OVER 3,000 CAREER POINTS. THE FACT THAT HE RIPPED UP THE COMPETION LAST SUMMER AGAINST THE NATIONS BEST. WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO??????

I THINK STATION CAMPS CHANCES OF MAKING THE STATE TOURNAMENT JUST WENT UP . IM REALLY , REALLY SURPRISED. HE SHOULD'VE MADE THE TEAM .

I have to agree! Jenkins should have made it... I'd also make a argument for Buckner or McDonald as well, but you have to see the talent in the McDonalds All American game already... Don't get me wrong they all 3 have to talent to play with any of the guys in the McDonalds game! I see 3 people I wouldn't have on there to put Jenkins, Buckner, and McDonald in there spots... David & Travis Wear & Michael Snaer just my opinion.

Not gonna argue with you, so this wil be it. I just don't think you wouldn't say that if he was at UHS (#1 you don't know the kid, #2 IMO, you'd be building him up every time you got on the T cause he was at UHS-we have read your post before.)

I disagree that there are tons of kids that could score 40+ in that gameplan..again whatever that means. The kid is a pure shooter. He has proven that in high school. He will have to continue that at every level he makes. This is also the same kid who lit up the nations best this past summer in AAU, who I am sure played a different gameplan than Station Camp.

You are not the only one who has watched a lot of ball in a lifetime...But you are entitled to your opinion. Just because you grew up around Magic doesn't make you the authority on BB.

20 page slurpfest?? Maybe so but don't read if it offends you or post on it.. I do agree he is a fine ball player and I have saw better as well... But to say what he does is not impressive from a guy who has saw as much basketball as you claim to have seen is almost laughable and I evidently let it rub me the wrong way. Oh and if you wish him the best...Why would this thread be so bothersome? I mean, think about it, the only reason he is getting this much attention is because some think there is something special about him.

Okay I'm done with my rebuttle.

Yeah, I rubbed you the wrong way. My apologies for that.

I am not an expert. I will never claim to be. I was trying to say something politely, I failed.

If I do NOT read this thread, how will my opinion ever change? That would be pretty close minded on my part.

I dont know the kid. I dont know as much about the kid as I would like. I am not trying to speak about the quality of his character. I dont know him, I cant do that.

For the Record: Growing up around Earvin was very cool, but if I let that set the bar for what I expect in sports it would be pretty close minded. Like I said, Im not an expert. and this thread is not about me, so let me end with this:

the Jenkins kid was double teamed with 3rd man dropping down on him most of the time when the ball hit his hands. He scored a ton of points. He is well above average. I have not seen enough of him to know if he is GREAT, but I will take your word for it, because I respect your opinion.

I have never intended to bash the kid. Just discussing the topic at hand.

I happened to come from an area where MANY local players went on to play, and some to STAR, on Division 1 teams.------ Several of these players also went on to play in the NBA. ---If coming from an area such as that makes you an authority on high school basketball, then maybe I can lay claim to knowing a little bit about the game. I also believe that I've probably watched as many or more high school games than you have.-----If you're not impressed with this young man's play, either you've not seen him play or you don't know anywhere near as much about the game as you think you do.-----I've seen a lot of good shooters and I've never seen one that I could say was a better shooter.(Maybe as good-- but not better) -------Saying there are a lot of kids that could average over 40 pts. a game is a joke.-----In another post you talked about his bad attitude.That is also a joke.----I've seen him play several times and never have I seen ANYTHING that would make me think he had a bad attitude. As a matter of fact, I've seen him hacked, bumped and roughed up without showing any emotion other than more determination.-------I've read your posts on other threads and frankly I thought you had more class than to get on here and put down a young man who IMO is one heck of a role model for other kids.

Please read my post just above this one. I have never claimed to be an expert, and never will. I know a little about the game. As everyone else here does.

I have indeed seen many kids that could average 40pts per game. I didnt know until yesterday about his 60% shooting. That is impressive.

I have not, am not, and never will intentionally try to bash the kid. I dont know him. And I dont bash kids that play this game for free. When he hits the pro's (that is a long shot for anyone, of any talent....we all know that)...when/if he hits the pros, then I would bash if he deserved it. He has done nothing to deserve a bashing anyways. I had a comment. I was trying to respectfully discuss it, and I guess I failed.

My apologies to all I have offended. That was not my intent.

This may come as a suprise and shock to some........There are actually better seniors out there than Jenkins. Jenkins is a great player and I would not disagree if he had made it.

Usually the McDonalds players are top 25 players....of course everyone will make an argument for every border line player...someone mentioned the NC signee twins shouldn't be on the team but they are on the no.1 team in the nation and have signed with NC. Jenkins will be alright their are also two other major postseason games that he has a chance to play in....I believe one of them was already announced and he wasnt on that one

Usually the McDonalds players are top 25 players....of course everyone will make an argument for every border line player...someone mentioned the NC signee twins shouldn't be on the team but they are on the no.1 team in the nation and have signed with NC. Jenkins will be alright their are also two other major postseason games that he has a chance to play in....I believe one of them was already announced and he wasnt on that one

I said it about the twins! It isn't the top 25 players... the Wear Twins and Snaer 41,42, & 44 respectively on ESPNU 100... thats the only reason the Twins are in this game! I watched 6 Mater Dei games on FSN & ESPNU and to be honest the Twins are good, but Buckner would eat them for dinner and McDonald and Jenkins would make them look stupid, but it is all POLITICS in this game! Also, McDonald is ranked 24 on ESPNU 100 just to make my point of it not being the top 25 players!

I said it about the twins! It isn't the top 25 players... the Wear Twins and Snaer 41,42, & 44 respectively on ESPNU 100... thats the only reason the Twins are in this game! I watched 6 Mater Dei games on FSN & ESPNU and to be honest the Twins are good, but Buckner would eat them for dinner and McDonald and Jenkins would make them look stupid, but it is all POLITICS in this game! Also, McDonald is ranked 24 on ESPNU 100 just to make my point of it not being the top 25 players!

Beavo thats why I said the McDonalds players are USUALLY ranked in the top 25 not its all the top 25 ranked players in the nation. As far as Buckner eating them for lunch well that would be a sight to see...as a side bar Leslie McDonald was named one of "10" players to play in the Nike Hoops Summit game which is a great achievement in itself

This may come as a suprise and shock to some........There are actually better seniors out there than Jenkins. Jenkins is a great player and I would not disagree if he had made it.

There are better players, for sure. But scouts everywhere are saying Jenkins is arguably the best shooter in this senior class. Just seems odd that the "best" shooter and nation's leading scorer would be left off. I can't argue too much because I obviously have not seen all the other kids who are on the list, but I guess I am just more surprised that someone with his stat line could be omitted. But I guess, regardless of all this, Jenkins has seemed to always fly below the national radar. It wasn't even until this summer that Jenkins broke into the Top 100 senior lists for most major recruiting sources after he torched all of the top guys at the NBA camp.

"When I die, I would rather people walk by my grave and ask why there is no monument, than to walk past a monument in my honor and ask, "Why?"

John Jenkins decorates scoreboards, not wall space. (I give myself two bonus points for my attempt at seeming poetic.)