Where will Lunsford be Next year

tunesquad

Little man asked me a while back if I liked you, I said ,you're dad gummed right, it goes beyond like ,its called respect, I'm also very happy you are back with the basketball team. You bring the final element we were lacking.I want you to treat my kid like he is Yours. I expect alot ,I expect you to expect the same thing. I think you do.

As an opponent it wouldnt break my heart to see Mike go, but at the same time as a coach you hate to see good coaches leave your area. I like, and respect Mike very much and I guess the best compliment a coach could give another is the fact that I have no doubt that I would enjoy being on a staff headed up by Mike. (I'm not lobbying for a job just complimenting the man) So whatever happens I hope he does whats best for him and his family, because I think he does want to be the man again and I think he deserves the chance. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to go a step further, these boys or at least one of them are at practices, games, they clean the fieldhouse (Not the best job, but bearable /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ). They don't get paid, so what is the problem?

I also think you got some of you're leadership abilities and pride from the guy this post is about.We all need more people like the 2 of you. The world would be a better place.

You don't have to worry about that. I think this year is going to be a lot of fun. It just takes a little while to get the kids used to the difference in YC and School ball. Your boy is a good one. If I had kids, wouldn't mind for them to be like him.

Its not the basketball as much as other things, Its expecting him the best he can be either in the classroom or on the ballfield. The basketball will work itsself with time and hard work. To be honest , I think we are training another leader. He has potential.

We had the same problem at Cloudland during the Lunsford and Byrd years. Too many fans on the sideline and in the locker room. When Robbie took over, he cut a lot of that out. The Lockerroom is for coaches and players only. Also, I think students and students only should carry the water bucket. Not people who have hung around the school for 20 years. Its just my opinion, but I think it makes the team look bad. I'm talking about Cloudland by the way.

zaza i hope you are not talking about the water boys. if half the players would put what they put in it we would have a good team .would you walk to every practice every game clean the locker room.cheer when we are lossing.they love what they do .just my opinion its posters like you that makes us look bad

zaza i hope you are not talking about the water boys. if half the players would put what they put in it we would have a good team .would you walk to every practice every game clean the locker room.cheer when we are lossing.they love what they do .just my opinion its posters like you that makes us look bad

How have I made us look bad? At least the last couple of years? /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> I didn't know that would ruffle so many feathers. I didn't say to run them off. There are many roles for them to play. I went to school with these guys and took up for them when no one else would. But I guess some people want to keep the King as the "Satan" of coacht. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

How have I made us look bad? At least the last couple of years? /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> I didn't know that would ruffle so many feathers. I didn't say to run them off. There are many roles for them to play. I went to school with these guys and took up for them when no one else would. But I guess some people want to keep the King as the "Satan" of coacht. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Unicoi County will be his next home /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Unicoi County will be his next home /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thats a pssibility ,but I sort of doubt it. I do know whitch game he attended tonight. Shoot he may even stay at Hampton. It'll be some place he wants to be, it won't be a knee jerk desision.

If I remember correctlly Coach Lunsford interviewed for the Unicoi football job last time it was open. They didn't want him then, so I'm not sure anything has changed. Most of the people that were in charge then are still there now. But maybe after a season like they had this year they might reconsider. I'm not too sure Coach Lunsford's methods of coaching would work anywhere but in Carter County. And I'm not saying they are right or wrong just a lot of systems don't like that type of coaching. Another thing that is very important to many systems is the area of teaching and if the coach is highly qualified in that area. I'm not sure what area his certification is in or if he is highly qualified. It is not like it used to be when the major role of a coach was just coaching. Now is other systems (not so sure about Carter County) their teaching consentrations seem to override their coaching abilities.

If I remember correctlly Coach Lunsford interviewed for the Unicoi football job last time it was open. They didn't want him then, so I'm not sure anything has changed. Most of the people that were in charge then are still there now. But maybe after a season like they had this year they might reconsider. I'm not too sure Coach Lunsford's methods of coaching would work anywhere but in Carter County. And I'm not saying they are right or wrong just a lot of systems don't like that type of coaching. Another thing that is very important to many systems is the area of teaching and if the coach is highly qualified in that area. I'm not sure what area his certification is in or if he is highly qualified. It is not like it used to be when the major role of a coach was just coaching. Now is other systems (not so sure about Carter County) their teaching consentrations seem to override their coaching abilities.

Teaching qualifacations would't be a problem, building a solid program at Unicoi might. Might just be some better jobs out there. It would take quite a bit to get him at Unicoi. Its a long drive and to do it right, he'd have to spend alot of hours. Family is a huge poiority of his.

I don't think I much like the tone of your reply. Most high schools are interested in Coaches who get the wins on Friday nights reguardless of the methods they use and in my opinion Mike Lunsford is a very successful coach. From what my sources have told me just today, not only is Unicoi interested in Coach Lunsford but serveral high schools in North Carolina are interested in him also. I have also heard from parents at Unaka who would love for Lunsford to take over their football program. I also heard that lots of parents are very interested in his son returning to Cloudland. Coach Lunsford teaches Physical Education and Health and Wellness at Hampton High School.