Dobyns Bennett Football

The Inner Circle was having its weekly meeting last night, going over the basics. Talking South football, politics, shootin' the bull...then all of the sudden some guy showed up in a South sweatshirt. He sat down at the table and jumped in our conversation, acting like he owned the place. All of the I.C. members were looking around at each other, trying to figure out who this guy thought he was, showing up uninvited. Finally, it hit Rebeltothecore and he said, "That's Wacojaco!" And sure enough, he blushed and ran out of the room, screaming something like "Please, just let me join, I'll do anything!"

The Inner Circle's influence is vast, and even the DB "faithful" want in.

Theres no way WaCoJaCo would ever show up at a Sullivan South Inner Circle Jerk party. Where was your first meeting anyway, the "mancave"?

"The Inner Circle Jerks"

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres no way WaCoJaCo would ever show up at a Sullivan South Inner Circle Jerk party. Where was your first meeting anyway, the "mancave"?

"The Inner Circle Jerks"

Waco has to play the tough guy role on here, but trust me folks I know what I saw. Inner Circle members can attest to this. Waco tried to crash our meeting and steal a membership, and it wasn't happening. I'll swear to it. No, we don't go to the mancave, we reserve a room at Meadowview (you would know, you followed us). Our reservations were under the title, "McMinn 28 DB 24." I don't know...it just felt right.

WACO WANTS TO JOIN THE INNER CIRCLE!!!!!!

Waco has to play the tough guy role on here, but trust me folks I know what I saw. Inner Circle members can attest to this. Waco tried to crash our meeting and steal a membership, and it wasn't happening. I'll swear to it. No, we don't go to the mancave, we reserve a room at Meadowview (you would know, you followed us). Our reservations were under the title, "McMinn 28 DB 24." I don't know...it just felt right.

WACO WANTS TO JOIN THE INNER CIRCLE!!!!!!

But obviously only if he can be the "center of attention". Get my drift? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

But obviously only if he can the "center of attention". Get my drift?

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I didn't say it!! I would even be laughing right now if that was aimed at me. That was funny.

I have no reason to believe anyone from the district will beat DB, other than the law of averages. Seems like somebody up here wins against DB every 10-15 yrs. So we are in that window. South says their gonna' win every year so theres no difference there. I don't think they could of beaten DB this year either. DB will lose 2 of the 3 out of district games and of cource the first round of the playoffs. 8-3 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Slow down man, dont wanna set those expectations TOO high. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

was hoping the same thing. I always though it would be better for both teams to play later in the year in case QBs were new and so forth. I'm curious as to which of the 3 games will be at home. DB, THS, or SHHS. Figured tricitiessportsfan would already know but guess not.

No, I haven't been able to scrounge up that information. Art has tried to find it as well, but no luck. Since everyone is saying the conference and out of conference games need to be finalized soon, I guess we'll find out in a few weeks. Funny though, that nothing has been in the media about the conference meeting that supposedly happened two weeks ago.

Y'all should have listened to the Indian Pow-Wow Talking Dobyns-Bennett Football with Graham Clark last night on WGOC from the Sagebrush Restaurant(6:30-7:30pm)...Coach Clark talked about the schedule and where he was in trying to obtain and schedule opponents...D-B is going to play Sevier County (I think he said week 3), but still has two weeks to try to schedule (0 & 1)...D-B will have home conference games against Boone, Crockett, and Volunteer (can't you just hear those turnstiles hum?...)...the Indians will be on the road for conference tilts with Tennessee High, Central, South, and Science Hill...did not have the weeks the games were scheduled...had one other school willing and wanting to play, but didn't have signed paperwork, so he didn't disclose the school on air...he said Jeff County is full, Bearden wasn't interested...the conference meeting wasn't complete, as Central had the appeal in front of the TSSAA board (which was denied)...

Roll Tribe Roll

I saw where former Indian Phillip Tritapoe had a sack in the UT JV game last night. Congrats to a fine young man. It takes a tough kid with a big heart to do what he's doing at UT. Could be playing small college ball somewhere but is working his tail off to be a part of the Big Orange. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Would you mind explaining that? Not being smart just wondering what you meant.

Y'all should have listened to the Indian Pow-Wow Talking Dobyns-Bennett Football with Graham Clark last night on WGOC from the Sagebrush Restaurant(6:30-7:30pm)...Coach Clark talked about the schedule and where he was in trying to obtain and schedule opponents...D-B is going to play Sevier County (I think he said week 3), but still has two weeks to try to schedule (0 & 1)...D-B will have home conference games against Boone, Crockett, and Volunteer (can't you just hear those turnstiles hum?...)...the Indians will be on the road for conference tilts with Tennessee High, Central, South, and Science Hill...did not have the weeks the games were scheduled...had one other school willing and wanting to play, but didn't have signed paperwork, so he didn't disclose the school on air...he said Jeff County is full, Bearden wasn't interested...the conference meeting wasn't complete, as Central had the appeal in front of the TSSAA board (which was denied)...

Roll Tribe Roll

Thanks skunk3.

Conference

H-Daniel Boone

H-David Crockett

H-Volunteer

@-Science Hill

@-Sullivan Central

@-Sullivan South

@-Tennessee High

Non-Conference

?-Sevier County

?-TBD

?-TBD

I find it odd that we would schedule Science Hill, Sullivan South, and Tennessee High the way we did. Having all three on the road sounds rather rough, but then having all three at home the following year sounds great. I would assume the schedule will work out where we have marquee non-conference home games in the years we play SH, SS, and TH on the road. Don't want to hurt the ticket box to much. Then again, this district is local and Dobyns Bennett away games will still feel like home games, the only question will be where do we put the band?!

Would you mind explaining that? Not being smart just wondering what you meant.

UT played Hargrave Military Academy this past Thursday in a junior varsity game, winning 37-20. Hargrave Military is a junior college athletic program out of Virginia, and came into the game 10-0 on the season. From what I understand, UT played the majority of their non-starting personnel, not just underclassman.

Here is a link to his roster information. #88 Phillip Tritapoe (Sr.)

Included on the page are his physical attributes, college journey to the Tennessee program, and high school accomplishments while at Dobyns Bennett.

He meant that Tritapoe could have transferred somewhere else, say a DI-AA or DII school and made an immediate impact and garnered significantly more playing time. However, he opted to take his chances at the University of Tennessee and was successful in earning a roster spot, showing that hard work and determination is still rewarded. I believe he should still have two more years of eligibility.

I also noticed when looking over the Vols roster that Lester Bailey, former Elizabethton Cyclone standout, is a member of the Vols. Lester is listed as a 5'7'', 190 lbs., Junior, Wide Receiver. Maybe we'll get to see a couple local boys playing on television in coming years.

UT played Hargrave Military Academy this past Thursday in a junior varsity game, winning 37-20. Hargrave Military is a junior college athletic program out of Virginia, and came into the game 10-0 on the season. From what I understand, UT played the majority of their non-starting personnel, not just underclassman.

Here is a link to his roster information. #88 Phillip Tritapoe (Sr.)

Included on the page are his physical attributes, college journey to the Tennessee program, and high school accomplishments while at Dobyns Bennett.

He meant that Tritapoe could have transferred somewhere else, say a DI-AA or DII school and made an immediate impact and garnered significantly more playing time. However, he opted to take his chances at the University of Tennessee and was successful in earning a roster spot, showing that hard work and determination is still rewarded. I believe he should still have two more years of eligibility.

I also noticed when looking over the Vols roster that Lester Bailey, former Elizabethton Cyclone standout, is a member of the Vols. Lester is listed as a 5'7'', 190 lbs., Junior, Wide Receiver. Maybe we'll get to see a couple local boys playing on television in coming years.

Thanks TCSF, now I don't have to explain it.