Dobyns Bennett Football

BTW, what is a WarHoop? Is it an earring or dress?

I don't know if you have been to any DB home games or not. But the war hoop is a long time tradition to get the team and fans fired up before the game. The full band lines up in the East endzone and plays the War Hoop (traditional Indian song you hear played at Florida State games) while the team slowly walks toward the band. When the coach gives the signal it's like a jailbreak back to the 50 yardline where a mass of humanity rallies around the coaches in a mad frenzy. I think it gets me as fired up as the players.

Perhaps you mean "whoop", as in "a battle cry".

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, what is a WarHoop? Is it an earring or dress?

I don't know if you have been to any DB home games or not. But the war hoop is a long time tradition to get the team and fans fired up before the game. The full band lines up in the East endzone and plays the War Hoop (traditional Indian song you hear played at Florida State games)

PLEASE do not mention Florida State and DB in the same sentence. My rebel heart just can't take it. BMAMA

There is an answer as I have posted on this forum before. Sullivan Co will go to 1 or 2 HS in the intermediate future (5 - 10 years). In a 20 year timeframe they will float bonds for a single Co HS near Blountville. All you have to do is look at the Urban Growth Boundaries for Kpt, Bri, and JC. Sullivan Co will have 3 HS in it - THS, D-B, and Sullivan; Washington Co will have 3 - SH, Boone, and Crockett. South needs to enjoy their run while they can.

I never thought of that, but it is possible. If we only have only three high schools in the whole county (DB, TH, and Sullivan) they would be huge. All three high schools would be playing in the largest classification in every sport.

There is an answer as I have posted on this forum before. Sullivan Co will go to 1 or 2 HS in the intermediate future (5 - 10 years). In a 20 year timeframe they will float bonds for a single Co HS near Blountville. All you have to do is look at the Urban Growth Boundaries for Kpt, Bri, and JC. Sullivan Co will have 3 HS in it - THS, D-B, and Sullivan; Washington Co will have 3 - SH, Boone, and Crockett.

This is the most realistic solution.

No I mean War Hoop. Look at the DB Band website.

LOL. I kept thinking this screen name was about a battle cry chant. After consulting a dictionary I understand. I have seen the pregame scene and it is impressive. Hoop: "to encircle". That makes perfect sense. My apologies Indian War Hoop. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Same situation as Crawford had his junior year, Seabolt plays baseball and misses spring practice, so more than likely the senior Roop gets the nod. Playing 2 sports can come with some cost at DB, rather than a county school. Best athlete at that postion should play!

All of Souths QB's play baseball so dont' expect too much from spring practice on Pactolus.